Year 11 2014 Chat :) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcyRain

HSC
Confusion: How do people already know what texts they should be reading? <> Don't different teachers pick different texts? (Do you guys know your timetables yet? So excited for frees! :DD)
My Adv English teacher for yr 11 told us last year the possible list of texts for the course. Although I doubt a lot of the class and my friends will read them :p

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
i'm typing out glossaries for my subjects for assistance in class and to make the teacher tricked into thinking i know the definition of everything. also typing formulas for maths and physics.

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC
Not sure if anyone will bother replying to this post but I'll give it a shot: recently purchased these from ASOS and am not sure whether I should wear them or not. I'll attach a picture (I'm in doubt, please comment and share your thoughts!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk:

Preliminary HSC '14- Subjects: 2U Maths, Adv. English, Business Studies, Legal Studies,
Economics, Agriculture.

HSC '15- ATAR Goal: 90+

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC
Not sure if anyone will bother replying to this post but I'll give it a shot: recently purchased these from ASOS and am not sure whether I should wear them or not. I'll attach a picture (I'm in doubt, please comment and share your thoughts!)

Preliminary HSC '14- Subjects: 2U Maths, Adv. English, Business Studies, Legal Studies,
Economics, Agriculture.

Sorry if I'm posting irrelevant stuff in this thread but it'll only be this time! xx

Economics, Agriculture.

salshel

HSC
My Adv English teacher for yr 11 told us last year the possible list of texts for the course. Although I doubt a lot of the class and my friends will read them :p
Oh WOW. So you're going to read all the possible texts? That is pure, admirable dedication dude. Kudos to you and your friends :eek:

@dangerouss I guess it really depends on the occasion? Personally, I would think those shoes are what the girls will sport in formal- they look quite high for everyday, comfortable walking. Then again, I'm possibly the worst person someone could approach to ask about fashion lol.

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC
Oh WOW. So you're going to read all the possible texts? That is pure, admirable dedication dude. Kudos to you and your friends :eek:

@dangerouss I guess it really depends on the occasion? Personally, I would think those shoes are what the girls will sport in formal- they look quite high for everyday, comfortable walking. Then again, I'm possibly the worst person someone could approach to ask about fashion lol.
Yes, it's for a formal event. I'd rather wear my converse if I didn't have to wear heels lol. thanks for your reply! Xx

Economics, Agriculture.

Examine

same
HSC
Hahah everybody in this thread is going hard out. (good to see)

Economics, Agriculture.

What are you planning to wear with that?

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC

Economics, Agriculture.

Personally I love converse, but those are REAL nice and u say wear them! I'm sure you'll look gorgeous !

HSC 2015

Prelim: English Extension | Maths Extension | Chemistry | Biology | Society & Culture

Aiming for Medicine at UNSW

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC
Personally I love converse, but those are REAL nice and u say wear them! I'm sure you'll look gorgeous !

HSC 2015

Prelim: English Extension | Maths Extension | Chemistry | Biology | Society & Culture

Aw. Thanks, you're so sweet! I am obsessed with the studded converse <3 my favs, which ones do you like? Thanks for the reply! xx

Economics, Agriculture.

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
Aw. Thanks, you're so sweet! I am obsessed with the studded converse <3 my favs, which ones do you like? Thanks for the reply! xx

Economics, Agriculture.

Aw no worries! You must show us pictures if you wear them :) I loovvvee the classic white chucks !!

HSC 2015

bunny0

HSC
I'm new to this site. I'm going into yr11 this year as well. I just wanted to ask, anyone doing CAFS, do you know what to expect?

I kind of picked it on a whim, am thinking of dropping it now. I'm just worried... Anyone have any advice? I think I want to go from SOR I to II and drop it.

Any information would be much appreciated. I just don't think the people I'll be with will help me succeed or anything. :/

Thank you, I'm excited for yr11!

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm new to this site. I'm going into yr11 this year as well. I just wanted to ask, anyone doing CAFS, do you know what to expect?

I kind of picked it on a whim, am thinking of dropping it now. I'm just worried... Anyone have any advice? I think I want to go from SOR I to II and drop it.

Any information would be much appreciated. I just don't think the people I'll be with will help me succeed or anything. :/

Thank you, I'm excited for yr11!
http://community.boredofstudies.org...ree-essay-checking-online-tuition-317657.html -check out this thread, free cafs advice from a state ranking 2013 HSC graduate in CAFs-email her your questions, you won't be disappointed-hope this helps and best wishes for you to ace your senior studies!

bunny0

HSC

moni5281

HSC
Confusion: How do people already know what texts they should be reading? <> Don't different teachers pick different texts? (Do you guys know your timetables yet? So excited for frees! :DD)

our teacher dragged us all up to the library to borrow the texts for yr 11! ah well i guess reading it now saves time later on...
don't know my timetable yet

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
any1 on this thread doing engineering studies or IPT?

moni5281

HSC
Omgosh, my school has this thing that's pretty much meant to be an "Project-learning" curriculum which takes up half of Term 4. It was meant to "put us in a real-life scenario" but instead it was pretty much just bludge lol. Five weeks of pure eating, gaming, chatting and some stressing really didn't help acquaint me with the grand scheme of the "real" world. :p

Wow :eek: Eco (Wecanbeecobuddies!) and Business S. that's pretty intense hahaha. Do the syllabuses overlap, kinda like IPT and SDD, or is it just completely different?

yes we can be eco buddies if u want :) from what i've heard the syllabus doesn't overlap much for eco and business studies but i'm interested in both hence why i'm taking both.

reply to your question: my teacher told us what we were reading and our area of study and stuff and yes teachers pick different stuff. For my school, the extension classes do different things but advanced is the same for everyone. we got told what we were doing for advanced english. I don't have my timetable yet but yes excited for frees :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)