Year 11 2014 Chat :) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

matchalolz

HSC
well, the school is total bs and the people are idiots. so everything basically.
that's life though, there'll be times when you hate people and believe that it's all stupid but don't let it mess with your mind. chin up girl ;)

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
well, the school is total bs and the people are idiots. so everything basically.
People are gonna be like that sometimes

You just got to accept it and hope that there are some people out there who aren't

Head up liongirl, we're all so close to finishing high school :D

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
I don't want to be blunt, but you need to drink some concrete. You will not only encounter these people in high school, but also in the workforce - your peers there may be nasty and idiotic to you, however it shouldn't affect you at all. You're your own person, ignore those who give you shit. And if they're really getting on your nerves, suck it up - things will not always go your way. There's no point whining about trivial stuff when you should be dealing with what's at hand in a certain situation. Don't let these negative thoughts constantly encircle your mind - move on.

But yeah, just try your best to endure high school till the end. :D

rawrliongirl

HSC
that's life though, there'll be times when you hate people and believe that it's all stupid but don't let it mess with your mind. chin up girl ;)
but everyone i know hates the school. its a complete joke. theyre hopeless and i dont want to let their hopelessness affect my future..but at this rate it is cos i cant keep up with self teaching myself every subject i do as well as do their homework and assignments and studying. it's too much. i may as well home school myself and not waste my time going there.

rawrliongirl

HSC
omg no people you seem to misunderstand. i mean the teachers and the school itself is total bs. the people are one problem but i guess i can put up with them for a bit longer...i meant that the school is total bs cos of the teachers and how unorganised the school is and the way that they teach is the main probelem!!!!

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
but everyone i know hates the school. its a complete joke. theyre hopeless and i dont want to let their hopelessness affect my future..but at this rate it is cos i cant keep up with self teaching myself every subject i do as well as do their homework and assignments and studying. it's too much. i may as well home school myself and not waste my time going there.
then don't lol

dw about them

if your school is inherently shit, then you have the chance in year 12 to attain great ranks for internal assessments and smash the externals after trials

Last edited:

rawrliongirl

HSC
if i must explain it more clearly..
basically none of my teachers can teach (except english and maybe history) apart from that the more important subjects to me: my two science subjects, maths (i guess its important) and multimedia have got the worst teachers. I've tried to self teach myself, but I feel that there isn't even a point in me actually going to class cos I end up teaching myself when i get home. Ive tried to look at the positives of it and ive tried to understand what my teachers are saying but it never works. it isnt just me either, a lot of people I know are completely unhappy with how these teachers go about teaching us. My biology teacher is worried we wont finish our topics so she rushes through everything, leaves out half the content, doesnt finish teaching us any concepts and shes a complete scatterbrain and is all over the shop. shes never ever clear on what we are doing no matter how many times we ask.
chemistry is another problem. my teacher over complicates everything and when we ask him to explain something again, he delves into some rambling explanation that nobody understands. we've all tried..but we just cant understand what he is saying.
the maths teacher moves way too quickly for me and also explains things a bit weirdly sometimes.
multimedia teacher makes us self teach ourselves.
basically, i'm wasting my time here at this school. I may as well home school myself since im teaching myself everything anyway, why should i waste my time doing it in the afternoons and doing nothing at school, when i could take everyday off, teach myself at home, learn more in 6 hours at home than i do at school and then have more time in the afternoon to revise, make notes and do homework and assignments.
right now, i have to try and self teach myself what we learnt at school that day for most of my subjects (if i can even figure out where the class is up to cos nobody knows), then i have to complete homework, then i have to try and revise stuff as well and make notes and then i have to do assignments and things...I can't fit that all into an afternoon. why should i have to teach myself EVERYTHING when that is what the 'teachers' are paid to do.
im just fed up that's all and idk what to do anymore.

rawrliongirl

HSC
then don't lol

dw about them

if your school is inherently shit, then you have the chance in year 12 to attain great ranks for internal assessments and smash the externals after trials
but its school.....whatever i learn at school IS going to affect my future? and so far i havent really 'learnt' anything.....

rawrliongirl

HSC
i'm going to die from stress...i really think i am..... i can't do this anymore.

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC
i'm going to die from stress...i really think i am..... i can't do this anymore.
Stress is an inevitable experience that us, as people - must endure through. Toughen up, I'm sure you've got the strength to pull through and overcome these feelings of negativity.

rawrliongirl

HSC
Stress is an inevitable experience that us, as people - must endure through. Toughen up, I'm sure you've got the strength to pull through and overcome these feelings of negativity.
according to my dad i stress too much, overthink everything and yeah..i do stress to much. more than normal people anyway. \its not as easy as everyone thinks for me to just get over things. i pretty much have depression and anxiety problems so its not as easy for me as it might be for others.

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
Don't self-teach it's way too time consuming, especially at this point in high school

Have you maybe considered finding a really good tutor?

macrazy

HSC
Don't self-teach it's way too time consuming, especially at this point in high school

Have you maybe considered finding a really good tutor?
I was about to suggest a tutor - it would be really worth looking into if you are struggling to self teach youself everything, a different perspective usually helps :) just hang in there and keep trying, it's important that you keep trying to understand everything as best as you can as you come across it..

rawrliongirl

HSC
I was considering a tutor. I just don't know where to find a really good one... :( i don't think i can rely on a tutor to teach me everything. It always comes down to me having to self teach myself. I've had to do this since year 9

rawrliongirl

HSC
If the distance between (3, -2) and (4, a) is square root 7, find the exact value of a. Can anyone help? There's no examples in the text book on how to do this.
Answer is a= +- square root 6 - 2 if that makes sense.
If you want me to handwrite it and take a photo I can too.

Last edited:

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
If the distance between (3, -2) and (4, a) is square root 7, find the exact value of a. Can anyone help? There's no examples in the text book on how to do this.
I have no way of sending the working out so follow this:

1) If you know the distance formula sub in the values

2) They tell you that the distance is root 7 and if you were to sub that into the distance formula with the rest of the equation you will see that both sides have a square root, so square both sides

3) You should then have: 7 = (a + 2)^2 + (4-3)^2

4) When you expand and simplify this you should have: a^2 + 4a - 2 = 0

5) Once you factorise this using a form (of which I have forgotten the name of, sorry) you will get your answer for a

6) I hope this helps

macrazy

HSC
Substitute all of your values into the distance formula (so d= root 7, x1 = 3 and so on) and then rearrange to isolate a.. I don't have some paper handy to work it out but let me know if you need some more help :)

Simran-

HSC
not really. i'm just being driven completely insane by everything. i've tried to look at this positively but i cant. i'm wasting my time at this shit hole..i mean "school"...
Dw, everyone has this phase. Sometimes I also get fed up of school -.-
But just think, we've only got 1 and a half year left of high school. It would be best to just enjoy it because these days will never come back again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)