Year 12 2012 Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

kazemagic

HSC
Don't worry, in the end, only he can help himself and we'll simply laugh at him if he struggles due to a lack of confidence/belief.

I'm telling you again Rivalry, I'll beat you in the HSC simply because I'm more motivated to romp cunts (srs).

Are you motivated/ready?

Or the snakes will slither out of the bush and bite you until you fall down and die.
shes talking to carrot

hayabusaboston

HSC
All right mate- we get it- you're an absolute beast and we should bow down to you. Though yeah, I got 100% for 2U but honestly who cares- different schools set different papers etc. and year 11 results don't mean much tbh

NOO PLZ DONT TAKE THE WRONG WAY!
ssorry just proud of myself I guess. Happy is all.

deswa1

HSC
NOO PLZ DONT TAKE THE WRONG WAY!
ssorry just proud of myself I guess. Happy is all.
Yeah lol- I just deleted my post because I didn't want to get into an argument or anything. But yeah, I guess the underlying message is yeah- you are very talented but honestly, it's not doing too much for you rep etc. but constantly reinforcing how much better you are sorry.

But congrats on the marks :) Good luck for HSc

Fawun

Queen
HSC
Yeah lol- I just deleted my post because I didn't want to get into an argument or anything. But yeah, I guess the underlying message is yeah- you are very talented but honestly, it's not doing too much for you rep etc. but constantly reinforcing how much better you are sorry.

But congrats on the marks :) Good luck for HSc
God damn it deswa.

JINOUGA

HSC
N/A
Re: The p00n thread

no.

Like I said, one can believe they can do it yet they fail to do it cause they didn't put in the work/effort required.

What you do is all that matters.

Not what you think. Belief is meaningless when you don't put in the work.

Belief helps to a very minimal extent but it what you do is what counts in the end.

After disappointment over disappointment from believing I can do things, I've basically learnt that why should I be depressed?

So to avoid this depression, I'll just expect the worst. If I didn't get my minimal aim, it sucks. I'll be a little disappointed but it was expected.
If I achieved something really great, then I'd be overjoyed.

Call it pathetic or whatever but that's what I've realised from my own experiences.

I think belief can get me there but no it just doesn't. I end up choking. When you go in, expecting the worst and have nothing to lose, you feel no pressure and you just do it.

Many of my successes have come from me expecting the worst and having nothing to lose.
Yes you can fail with belief, but you're looking at it the wrong way.

Because WITHOUT belief, you cannot possibly succeed and will definitely fail

belief gives you the possibility to succeed, it is the only thing keeping you from failure

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad

Don't worry, in the end, only he can help himself and we'll simply laugh at him if he struggles due to a lack of confidence/belief.

I'm telling you again Rivalry, I'll beat you in the HSC simply because I'm more motivated to romp cunts (srs).

Are you motivated/ready?

Or the snakes will slither out of the bush and bite you until you fall down and die.
I struggle DUE to belief as seen below.

First exam, I believed that I can rape 3U and establish myself a name at my new school. Ended up choking and getting depressed. (You can confirm with Deswa and Jinouga about how bad I felt about it). Missed my 90% minimum aim even.
Then later, I topped a 3U exam at my new school with like 98% or so (not the yearlies but 2nd assessment) and was only expecting a 90% (expecting the worst due to my nightmare in the 1st assessment). I had nothing to lose when I did the test and was expecting the worst. Yes, the ultimate pessimist was present yet a miracle happened.
Yearlies come along, I start believing that I can do it once more yet I just choked. The ultimate optimist was here before the exam happened. Choked real bad (have yet to see results but I know what is the most I can get). Choked...probably worse than my first exam. Then I get depressed again.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad

Yes you can fail with belief, but you're looking at it the wrong way.

Because WITHOUT belief, you cannot possibly succeed and will definitely fail

belief gives you the possibility to succeed, it is the only thing keeping you from failure
I already gave a post that answer that statement. As seen above.

theind1996

HSC
N/A
Rivalry, I didn't bother reading your entire post.

Basically, there's nothing to it besides knowing your stuff.

Don't let it be a mind game. It really shouldn't be.

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
Don't let it be a mind game. It really shouldn't be.
Are you serious?

Exams are a huge mind game. If you have a negative mentality then you're going to go shit. Maths is a huge proponent of this - so many students think they can't do it when they can, and the reason they go bad is because of this.

You need to play the game to go well.

deswa1

HSC
Are you serious?

Exams are a huge mind game. If you have a negative mentality then you're going to go shit. Maths is a huge proponent of this - so many students think they can't do it when they can, and the reason they go bad is because of this.

You need to play the game to go well.
This so much. You've finished 50% of the exam before you've walked into the room (ok a bit of an exaggeration but you get the point)- confidence and not being stressed is very important to allowing clear thinking and stuff during a test

barbernator

HSC
hayabusaboston, what did you get in english? (kekekekekekeke)

also, its fucking impossible to get 100 in the sciences.

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC

First exam, I believed that I can rape 3U and establish myself a name at my new school. Ended up choking and getting depressed. (You can confirm with Deswa and Jinouga about how bad I felt about it). Missed my 90% minimum aim even.
Then later, I topped a 3U exam at my new school with like 98% or so (not the yearlies but 2nd assessment) and was only expecting a 90% (expecting the worst due to my nightmare in the 1st assessment). I had nothing to lose when I did the test and was expecting the worst. Yes, the ultimate pessimist was present yet a miracle happened.
Yearlies come along, I start believing that I can do it once more yet I just choked. The ultimate optimist was here before the exam happened. Choked real bad (have yet to see results but I know what is the most I can get). Choked...probably worse than my first exam. Then I get depressed again.
Placebo mate, if you truly think you can do well, like truly think it not just the fake thought of 'hey I can probably get good'. You might think you are motivated when in reality your motivation is nothing next to other people, hence you get lower than them. Real belief is initiated at the bottom of your heart, if you have any doubt at all then everything is nullified. You need to have real belief in your heart in order to succeed (as cheesy as that sounds).

And people can misunderstand motivation into making them think that they are better than their competition, ive already made that mistake to underestimate my competition. I came first in HSC 3U t1, then in the HYE I got absolutely destroyed by whoever was 2nd mostly because of my stupid confidence, I was confident and had belief I could do well yet it was the wrong type, one of the most important things to do is to respect your competition, but realise that you are just as good if not better.

I said placebo at the beginning, because you want to believe that belief is not needed, note how I said want.

Sorry for delayed reply, literally trying to do 4 things at once here

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)