• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Year 12 2013 Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aysce

HSC
Chem earth was the easiest one, which was y I loved it so much
Yeah it is the easiest one but in terms of interest, it wasn't too bad. Water is really cool to me and metals wasn't too bad too - just got bored of all the history talk and extraction methods zzz.

========================

RealiseNothing is a monster.

Aysce

HSC
If those are the highest marks in the state then I'm okay with that lol :p
Not intending to take anything away from Realise but there are quite a few more people who achieve higher overall percentages for each respective subject in different schools. Although, it could be that the school marks more leniently and so on so forth.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Not intending to take anything away from Realise but there are quite a few more people who achieve higher overall percentages for each respective subject in different schools. Although, it could be that the school marks more leniently and so on so forth.
Still pretty epic results though, we can't deny that.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: The p00n thread

Surely it must with all the Asians? Speaking of which, has school had the LoL comp yet?
yeah but I don't keep up wif it.

Friggen Tech is a LoLfest.

Fuarkin I shud be studying for 3U maffs for tomoz atm. Had eco 2day, was preee alright.. felt gud... Felt good for physics too... Felt alright with engrish... Somehow choked 2U bad.. (less than 90% raw 4 sure... first time ever for 2U)

Aysce

HSC

Thanks for the congrats there, how have you been enjoying the past month or so since HSC freedom?

And lol at Sol and Eggie, there's no way I got anywhere near 99. You sound like the RL people from my year :p Don't be disappoint because I'll be ecstatic with a 95 because it'll be the monies and then I won't have to be a gold digger haha
If I got 95 I'd be legit depressed - I'm not saying it's a bad ATAR nor am I trying to offend you but I think with my efforts I should get over that (hopefully)

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad

Really, who got Siddy123 onto this business?
I know right.

Next meat, all the p00ner crew can verse me in lager tag.

Also, Aysce and RivalryOfTroll, I am not offended at all. Everyone has different circumstances, abilities, goals and sacrifices in HSC year. A 70 ATAR may be a massive triumph for someone who struggled with dyslexia and thought they'd drop at at 16 and they can get into their dream course of 68. I would actually cry at that score (that may sound bratty, but it's honest) purely because of all the hard work I put in also an expectation of my ability(in my case I would have totally wasted my natural intelligence and educational opportunity to get that score and sacrificed for no reward). Rivalry, I imagine being at Tech the selective school atmosphere puts massive emphasis on a high score, and you are in a opportune environment to get that score. Aysce, I'd expect you to get higher than 95 anyway. Pretty easygoing so um, it's harder to offend me than that :p

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A

Also, Aysce and RivalryOfTroll, I am not offended at all. Everyone has different circumstances, abilities, goals and sacrifices in HSC year. A 70 ATAR may be a massive triumph for someone who struggled with dyslexia and thought they'd drop at at 16 and they can get into their dream course of 68.
You treat it like it's an extreme thing. I know good, intelligent people who didn't even reach 70 (for a variety of reasons).

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A

You treat it like it's an extreme thing. I know good, intelligent people who didn't even reach 70 (for a variety of reasons).
^

I know a person who is one of the smartest guys I have ever met [insanely smart] and he focuses his time and energy being a professional gamer. [He's insane at that too]

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A

^

I know a person who is one of the smartest guys I have ever met [insanely smart] and he focuses his time and energy being a professional gamer. [He's insane at that too]
That's slightly different to what I was getting at, but ok.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad

Yeah I probably passed it as off as too extreme-I know very intelligent people that got around 50-one because they didn't care about school at all or 2) They had bad, bad, bad circumstances in the HSC.

Point is, it's all a very individual thing. If someone was pumped with 50 I'd be like "you go champ!" but if say, Aysce was upset with a 95 I'd understand that too.

enoilgam

HSC

I think she is talking about people who are focused on school, but dont reach them necessarily.

enoilgam

HSC

Point is, it's all a very individual thing. If someone was pumped with 50 I'd be like "you go champ!" but if say, Aysce was upset with a 95 I'd understand that too.
My mate called me the day the results were released cheering because he got above 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)