How much sleep do we need? (1 Viewer)

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
I cant do late night assignments with music on, i just end up singing the words, for instance right now im listening to "if u seek amy' by britney and im singing 'love me hate me, but can't you see what I see, all of the boys and all of the girls are begging to if you seek amy...'
lol...

thats why i just stick with cofee or V when doing assignments or studying late night

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
Berocca !

Just don't overdose.

Chicken soup helps you concentrate.
I never knew that, im gonna try it right now with Continental Chicken Noodle Soup thats been in the cupboard for ages, havnt had soup for like 2 years...

Gunner4lyfe

HSC
for some reason...MATHS and MUSIC go together..

practicing with music = Yay easy and fun

but learning something up for the FIRST TIME with music is fatal .

HSC
for some reason...MATHS and MUSIC go together..

practicing with music = Yay easy and fun

but learning something up for the FIRST TIME with music is fatal .
yeah i agree. doing maths with music is ok.
but trying to study bio or something with music...doesnt work for me lol

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Well yay, i just finished my work for the night so i can now go bed.... but im not sleepy, lol, what a shame.

Venom.

HSC
yeah i agree. doing maths with music is ok.
but trying to study bio or something with music...doesnt work for me lol
Strange. I find it difficult to get any work done without music nowadays. Its like a drug.

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
washing my face with really cold water helps me stay up.
and also caffeine.

Gunner4lyfe

HSC
always start off with soft music tho....the sweet rnb...hip hip...and then maybe rock...avoid heavy metal or rap

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I might try a 30 hour power-nap one day after school
30 hours? bit much? lol =)

washing my face with really cold water helps me stay up.
and also caffeine.
I agree, wash you face with cold water then do some stretches, that also helps... try and stay off the caffeine.. too much is not good for you.

haha i used to be like that. but im not sure why it changed this year..
lol isnt that a good thing? It's better to have no addictions.. it helps in the long run, I mean you wont be allowed to have music with you in the HSC now will you?

As for me, I try and avoid music while studying, it's usually distracting and slows me down

HSC
lol isnt that a good thing? It's better to have no addictions.. it helps in the long run, I mean you wont be allowed to have music with you in the HSC now will you?

As for me, I try and avoid music while studying, it's usually distracting and slows me down
yeah im happy i dont rely on music now =)

narno

HSC
I am doin my HSC this year and i have my half yearly exams next week. So usually when it come to the exam period i tend to get about 6 hours sleep. However when i finish my exams i go back to my normal patter of 8 hours sleep which is recommended by doctors howevr many seem to argue that 6 hours of sleep is fine. So i recommend at least 6 hours sleep when you have exams or studying for them and when you aren't try to get 8 hours sleep to allow your body to function properly and stay healthy. Also not enoigh sleep can cause you to blank out during your exam so 6 hours of sleep is good. As it allows for the body to get its rest but allows you also to get enough study in at night.

Year 12 2009 HSC
Chemistry:jedi:
Ancient History:bomb:
Biology:haha:

General Maths:mad1:
Advanced English:wave:
Business Studies:music:

UAI AIM:92

Gunner4lyfe

HSC
I am doin my HSC this year and i have my half yearly exams next week. So usually when it come to the exam period i tend to get about 6 hours sleep. However when i finish my exams i go back to my normal patter of 8 hours sleep which is recommended by doctors howevr many seem to argue that 6 hours of sleep is fine. So i recommend at least 6 hours sleep when you have exams or studying for them and when you aren't try to get 8 hours sleep to allow your body to function properly and stay healthy. Also not enoigh sleep can cause you to blank out during your exam so 6 hours of sleep is good. As it allows for the body to get its rest but allows you also to get enough study in at night.

Year 12 2009 HSC
Chemistry:jedi:
Ancient History:bomb:
Biology:haha:

General Maths:mad1:
Advanced English:wave:
Business Studies:music:

UAI AIM:92
Doctors..Pfffttt...what do they know...

speedofsound

HSC
Apparently sleeping even numbers of hours is good for you.
like 6, 8, 10... instead of 7 or 9.
Choose to believe or not, it's up to you =P I'm not so sure myself
I found this to be true with me. I feel worse if I get 7 hours of sleep as opposed to 6.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)