How much sleep do we need? (2 Viewers)

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Nah rly, thats weird, sleep moar.
can't, too much work to do at night and i have to get up at 6 to go to uni, i envy people who get to choose their sleeping patterns, enjoy the freedom.

Venom.

HSC
Sleeping less than 8 hours is terrible for working out though. Muscle regeneration ( I think thats the word ) occurs while you sleep. Sleep any less than 7-8 hours, and development is stunted.

micuzzo

HSC
why do you ppl feel the need to go to sleep so late... you need to manage your tme better!

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
I go to sleep at about 12, sometimes 11, wake up at about 7.
So, 7-8 hours. During exams I can reduce to 5-6 hours and not have it effect me too dramatically. As long as I can get back into my normal cycle in a week or so.
It works for me, I've always gone to bed late and have been able to function successfully on minimal sleep.. I'm not complaining :)

Last edited:

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
why do you ppl feel the need to go to sleep so late... you need to manage your tme better!
Sometimes theres no other choice, i only get home at 7pm (if i don't have work) and i have a lot of uni work to do which just needs to be done. Im sure this is the same for a lot of people doing the hsc as well, particularly those who live more than a couple of hours away from their school, while it would be nice to go to sleep earlier, its not always most practical option.

Marin3 Muscl3

Amatuer boxer 14-1-11RSC
HSC
Sleeping less than 8 hours is terrible for working out though. Muscle regeneration ( I think thats the word ) occurs while you sleep. Sleep any less than 7-8 hours, and development is stunted.

Correct. Muscle fibers repair while you sleep. However, over sleeping can stunt growth as well.

duckcowhybrid

HSC
I sleep 11-6:30, So I guess I'm doing all right. Problem is weekends I can't sleep in either (swimming on saturday morning, tutoring on sunday).

echolalia89

HSC
i had a really shit time with insomnia last year, so this year i've been far more strict with myself when it comes to sleeping than i have with studying. i go to bed at 10:30 at the latest every night regardless of how much work i've done that night and so far i've found that on more sleep it's easier to concentrate and absorb information thus lessening the amount of study i actually need to do.
verdict: more sleep = better concentration, less sleep = high chance of falling asleep at school

DoomBuggy

HSC
You need more than 3 hours of sleep if you actually want to sound sane/coherent to other people the next day... heehee

I have to be up and almost ready to leave by 7:15 each morning ... gad damn early buses, my usual time for going to bed is around 11 - 1 even if i set a goal to go earlier... That first half hour of trying to be awake is the hardest me thinketh...

Unless i have the insane urge to watch morning cartoons...then i get up super early, watch them and go to bed only to be woken up half an hour later... :spzz:

I catch up on sleep during the weekends :) ...

If lack of sleep stunts your growth then that explains a lot about my height

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
You need more than 3 hours of sleep if you actually want to sound sane/coherent to other people the next day... heehee

I have to be up and almost ready to leave by 7:15 each morning ... gad damn early buses, my usual time for going to bed is around 11 - 1 even if i set a goal to go earlier... That first half hour of trying to be awake is the hardest me thinketh...

Unless i have the insane urge to watch morning cartoons...then i get up super early, watch them and go to bed only to be woken up half an hour later... :spzz:

I catch up on sleep during the weekends :) ...

If lack of sleep stunts your growth then that explains a lot about my height
hmm.. cartoons... I remember watching cartoons, but I never have time now and I only get about 5-6 hours of sleep.. too lazy to get up early... in the weekends I sleep until about 8-10, depending on the weather, if it's sunny then I get up, if its raining or cloudy then i sleep :)

HSC
does anyone have any secrets to staying up without getting too tired other than coffee?

bell531

Member's Member 2008
HSC
N/A
I need heaps, but a "bed early, wake up early" cycle seems to work much better for me. During my last assessments I got into the habit of sleeping from 8-5.30 and that worked well for me, for some reason. And thats interesting what u said youngminii, I might try a 30 hour power-nap one day after school

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC
~8 hours. It really depends on the person. If you become sleep deprived for 1 week or more; your white blood cells will decrease which will decrease you're immune system.

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC
Berocca !

Just don't overdose.

Chicken soup helps you concentrate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)