not getting my hsc (1 Viewer)

rl759

HSC
hi. i'm currently in year 12. i won't be getting my hsc this year as i got kicked out of one of my classes just a couple of weeks ago for poor attendance. i will be getting a statement of attainment at the graduation. i was wondering if this certificate will help me in any way? what is this certificate equivalent to?

i need to get a diploma in tafe for accounting (to get into uni after). but the reuqirement is a higher school certificate. i won't be able to get into that course unless i get a certificate 4 in financial services accounting. does anyone know how long that will take? and also, i was thinking of doing another 2 unit subject at tafe next year in order for me to complete my hsc.

i'm really stuck at what i should do next year. i still can't believe that my school kicked me out of one of my classes this close to the trials and hsc. any suggestions will be appreciated :)

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
hi. i'm currently in year 12. i won't be getting my hsc this year as i got kicked out of one of my classes just a couple of weeks ago for poor attendance. i will be getting a statement of attainment at the graduation. i was wondering if this certificate will help me in any way? what is this certificate equivalent to?

i need to get a diploma in tafe for accounting (to get into uni after). but the reuqirement is a higher school certificate. i won't be able to get into that course unless i get a certificate 4 in financial services accounting. does anyone know how long that will take? and also, i was thinking of doing another 2 unit subject at tafe next year in order for me to complete my hsc.

i'm really stuck at what i should do next year. i still can't believe that my school kicked me out of one of my classes this close to the trials and hsc. any suggestions will be appreciated :)
cud always do it at tafe next year like you said, and find a job in the meantime so u wont waste a year.

zazzy1234

Banned
HSC

y don't u just do another course in TAFE den transfer, that should work shouldn't it?

rl759

HSC
y don't u just do another course in TAFE den transfer, that should work shouldn't it?
then transfer to uni? i cant even get into tafe.. i wanted to get a diploma in accounting so i can get into uni. but i cant since they need my hsc. i can get certificate 4 in financial services for accounting then get my diploma.. im not sure how long it takes exactly for the whole process.. but my other option is to finish my hsc next year instead..

HSC

maybe you should have like i dont know, attended class?

zazzy1234

Banned
HSC
then transfer to uni? i cant even get into tafe.. i wanted to get a diploma in accounting so i can get into uni. but i cant since they need my hsc. i can get certificate 4 in financial services for accounting then get my diploma.. im not sure how long it takes exactly for the whole process.. but my other option is to finish my hsc next year instead..
no i meant then transfer to the course u want in TAFE, not uni. or just do wat "timothy.sue" said.

rl759

HSC
no i meant then transfer to the course u want in TAFE, not uni. or just do wat "timothy.sue" said.
i guess, since i dont want to waste anymore of the effort i have put in my subjects..

zazzy1234

Banned
HSC
i guess, since i dont want to waste anymore of the effort i have put in my subjects..
or maybe just redo yr 12, or any course in TAFE den go into da couse u want in uni da yr after as a mature age.

rl759

HSC
or maybe just redo yr 12, or any course in TAFE den go into da couse u want in uni da yr after as a mature age.
im not too sure about redoing yr 12. im doin alright in most of my subjects besides english. so i might have to retake that to next year if i decide to get my hsc

dont you have to be like 25 ish to be a mature age student?

Revacious

o-o
HSC
N/A
beg them to take you back, offer to take counselling and extra classes and ask to attend attendance reviews with principal and lots of written letters endorsing your cause.

you could always jig all that stuff once you get back into class.

emilyo

apathetic member
HSC
you can go into 'pathways', finish the subjects you are eligible for this year and then repeat the one you got kicked out of next year I know some one from my school who got kicked out of a subject in year 12 and did something similar, you may even be able to repeat that subject and do a tafe course concurrently

HSC
not my fault you are a dumbcunt tbh

your only option is to do pathways/tafe to get the required units to get your HSC then you can do uni. Why are you doing a tafe cert first then uni, why not just straight from HSC to uni?

I dont even know why you are asking the question, you only option is to do your missing units next year etc, your school careers adviser would have told you this.

You have to have a very very bad attendance record to get kicked out of a class at this stage of the HSC. Are you sure you will stick with Tafe/Uni if you cant even attend class at school. Attendance is pretty important at uni. I think you should revaluate your goals tbh.

rl759

HSC
not my fault you are a dumbcunt tbh

your only option is to do pathways/tafe to get the required units to get your HSC then you can do uni. Why are you doing a tafe cert first then uni, why not just straight from HSC to uni?

I dont even know why you are asking the question, you only option is to do your missing units next year etc, your school careers adviser would have told you this.

You have to have a very very bad attendance record to get kicked out of a class at this stage of the HSC. Are you sure you will stick with Tafe/Uni if you cant even attend class at school. Attendance is pretty important at uni. I think you should revaluate your goals tbh.
the tafe cert to uni and hsc to uni thing.. it's called "having more options". im pretty sure completing my units isnt the only way. it may be practical but i needed to figure out what else i could do besides that. you dont really know me and what my circumstances are so you cant judge me based on the little thing i posted.

johony

HSC
what zombie omie jay said.

pathways can essentially be a fresh start, and a chance to resolve those issues.
surely you have a reason why you didn't turn up to a lot of your classes? didnt they factor this in too?

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
If your circumstances were seriously preventing you from attending school, they would likely be trying to help you, not kick you out. So it's hard not to judge from what you posted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)