Google ceases censorship, threatens China pullout (1 Viewer)

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
Who cares if China blocks google, anyone with two brain cells can simply use a proxy or vpn to bypass the government firewall. People in china do this with youtube all the time.
err..

see its not like at school where if we use a proxy and we're caught, we might get a warning.

in china they have the secret police who will bash you and put you into jail for accessing sites (not youtube.. but say, anti DRC sites)

Bereie

HSC
Good for Google, living up to their slogan. A pretty obvious example to try out, search for 'tiananmen square massacre' with/without quotes on Baidu.com and you get like 5 links, no info about it whatsoever. Same with google.com.cn. More results this time but no wiki or any information.

sinophile

HSC
N/A
err..

see its not like at school where if we use a proxy and we're caught, we might get a warning.

in china they have the secret police who will bash you and put you into jail for accessing sites (not youtube.. but say, anti DRC sites)
prove it

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
It's p trivial to prove it fucknut, look at amnesty, reporterswithoutborders, oxfam, etc.

China is a hellhole

Fish Tank

That guy
HSC
Nice job Google. Definitely a step in the right direction.

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC
No, wasn't bing meant to be microsofts big rival to google?
I don't know, i don't really pay much attention to the origins of search engines. Also i'm illtirate so i don't read the search engine area of the newspaper, presuming there is one :eek:

BlackDragon

HSC
I don't know, i don't really pay much attention to the origins of search engines. Also i'm illtirate so i don't read the search engine area of the newspaper, presuming there is one :eek:
I would say that it was in the news section of the newspaper. lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)