Capitalism is not compatable with real Democracy. (1 Viewer)

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
No, 'one dollar; one vote' refers to the way corporations and bsuinesses are run. It isn't one vote per shareholder. It's one vote per share. Meanwhile the lowly employees of the company get left out of both the decisions and the profits.
You're talking about the corporate governance process... not democracy in the civil-political sphere.
But in order to make it big in the capitalist system you have to have capital first. So where exactly does one get capital if you weren't born into it?
Debt. Also all humans are born with the capital that is themselves.

Also why is someone complaining about a state school. They offer a fine education. But more importantly, you get what you paid for; if you wanted a 'superior' education you should've payed for it through the private system.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
No, 'one dollar; one vote' refers to the way corporations and bsuinesses are run. It isn't one vote per shareholder. It's one vote per share. Meanwhile the lowly employees of the company get left out of both the decisions and the profits.
WHAT. the fuck.

Since when is democracy "the majority telling people what they can and can't do with their own private property"?

Now, our society is vastly more mobile than it once was, but most of that mobility is due to government intervention, rather than market forces. The janitor's son gets his science degree (and human capital) thanks to government education. In a fully private system he could never afford it, regardless of how brilliant a mathametician he is.

lol ur dumb

jennyfromdabloc

coked up sociopath
HSC
Everyone's whinging about how NCAP has died, so let's fix it.
"Capitalism and democracy aren't compatable because capitalism (namely corporate capitalism) is based upon 'one dollar; one vote' whereas true democracy is based upon 'one voice; one vote', which leads to a conflict of interest between the masses and the wealthy."
Discuss.
I agree.

Democracy is nothing more than the tyranny of the majority. It is an awful idea and you don't have to look too hard to see horrendous things that have been done by democratically elected governments.

The only reason people love democracy is because they are taught to love it from a young age, and are only presented with weak alternatives to democracy like dictatorships and feudalism. Hence the idea of individual sovereignty blows people's minds.

0bs3n3

HSC
I'm not talking about corrupt politicians. I'm talking about how everyone seems to be going on about how "democracy and capitalism go hand-in-hand" when in reality they're entirely seperate systems, based upon entirely seperate ideas.
Capitalism and Freedom by Milton Friedman.

Game, set, match.

Also:

Democracy is the worst form of government except for all those others that have been tried.
- Winston Churchill

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Nice troll brah

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Nice troll brah

beefnoodle

HSC
I dont believe in democracy, you dont believe in democracy. What democracy means is the majority rules at the expense of the minority (Milton Friedman). I believe in each individual choosing what suits him best. I believe in liberty and in a Republic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)