• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Rudd will lose this election (1 Viewer)

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
I agree. If it was an election against Liberal and Labour years ago, i'd happily choose Liberal. However this year, i think Labour is controlling the current economic state pretty finely. While every other country is going into a major economic slump *cough* america *cough*, we're actually doing quite okay.
you shall change your opinion in about a year or 2

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
I agree. If it was an election against Liberal and Labour years ago, i'd happily choose Liberal. However this year, i think Labour is controlling the current economic state pretty finely. While every other country is going into a major economic slump *cough* america *cough*, we're actually doing quite okay.
Only because Rudd is throwing money at the problem.

Do you think money grows on trees?

ReNG

HSC
Only because Rudd is throwing money at the problem.

Do you think money grows on trees?
From what my previous history teacher told me, when the Great Depression occured, it was because the government thought it was the best idea to stop spending money. So he believes (i agree too) that the government is learning from their mistakes and to continue spending to help the economy grow.

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
From what my previous history teacher told me, when the Great Depression occured, it was because the government thought it was the best idea to stop spending money. So he believes (i agree too) that the government is learning from their mistakes and to continue spending to help the economy grow.
thats the Milton Friedman explanation of it to do with the gold standard. now that sounds all good in all however one tiny problem they were practically using Fiat money back it was only gold standard in name.

tell your history that he isn't an economics teacher.

ReNG

HSC
thats the Milton Friedman explanation of it to do with the gold standard. now that sounds all good in all however one tiny problem they were practically using Fiat money back it was only gold standard in name.

tell your history that he isn't an economics teacher.
Do not understand the words in bold.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
i just wanted to say my thoughts. =(
It's p simple

I have NFI what gold standard and flat currency means either, but generally if you spend money you don't have, you go into debt

lots and lots of debt

more debt, perhaps, than your now-booming (?) economy can pay off quickly and easily?

/gigantic oversimplification

Lauchlan

HSC
he won't lose the election

I'm not saying i don't want him to lose I'm just saying he won't

people are under the impression like some BOSers i have seen that because hes doing stuff (regardless of whether its working or is good) and throwing money everywhere that he is a good PM. hes giving people what they want but unfortunately his methods of doing so are illogical and down right stupid. i point to the all mighty stimulus package?
funny how your more confident in rudd winning the elecetion than most labor voters.

i never said that good PM's throw money at problems, nor would i ever say that.

the context in which we find ourselves is a political debate with

option A - something (rudd)

and

option B - nothing (abbott)

my point was that majority of the australian public prefer the option with something.
im not commenting on this, becuase its a fact that those are the options and australia lean towards some sort of action, even if it fails.
however, some of rudds fails (ever PM has them) are creaping up with him.
i will admit to that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)