Info Days! (1 Viewer)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I remember last year UTS Law finished 30 minutes into USyd Law lol, so I went to UTS Law and its in the shittest, crappiest room imaginable and the lecturer has a powerpoint and starts off by saying 'Why you should go to UTS Law instead of the law school down the road', her answer was pretty much that UTS is easier to get into and is the reject law school (oh and has PLT in your degree). It was the best feeling, walking out of the presentation half way through (we were sitting at the back too) she just starred at us and we were like 'Oh sorry, you managed to clash with the presentation from the better law school'. The USyd Law presentation was the best, amazing airconditioned theatre, interesting speaker. Ah, I knew it at that moment I'm going to USyd.
only people that don't get into usyd/unsw go to uts, no one that got into better would go there lol

asadass

HSC
Uni Grad
I love how at usyd/unsw law info talks they spend half the time discussing how to get into the degree if you don't get the required atar

Last edited:

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
I love how at usyd/unsw law info talks they spend half the time discussing how to get into the degree if you don't get the required atar
A lot of the people attend those info sessions actually don't have the required ATAR and want to transfer to law.

Most of my friends already decided where they were going to do law so they didnt even bother going to the info days.

HSC
N/A
ARE YOU SRS? When I went to the talk at usyd law last year (my friend dragged me), the guy kept going on and on about how they were the elite and how they shouldn't feel inferior to others, considering everyone in that room was probably the dux of their school.

RishBonjour

HSC
A lot of the people attend those info sessions actually don't have the required ATAR and want to transfer to law.

Most of my friends already decided where they were going to do law so they didnt even bother going to the info days.
Hoping to be one of those lol.
what about UNSW law lectures?

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
ARE YOU SRS? When I went to the talk at usyd law last year (my friend dragged me), the guy kept going on and on about how they were the elite and how they shouldn't feel inferior to others, considering everyone in that room was probably the dux of their school.
All I remember about USYD was 'restrictive ATAR' and what cases she dealt with.... total ceebs

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
Lol, good old Ross Anderson.

funstudy

HSC
University of Sydney, I don't recommend going to multiple unis because you'll probs spend an average 2hrs at one uni, plus transport= waste of time going to multiple

effyhate

autism inspector
HSC
I've been to UNSW open day before and got 5 cans of V free...trick is to go to the unfamiliar person, or the person who is inundated by people and they don't even notice they've given 3 cans already...and don't do each run too close together lol.

BBQ's same deal...but only if they have 2+ lines, or try coming back later.
wot r u jewish or sumthing

Wow, you're like the worst kind of person.
yep

so many terrible people itt

also hey anna banana you should sign up for the science peer mentor i can be your mentor person yay

effyhate

autism inspector
HSC
oh, really? how does this mentor thing work?

hahaha, i actually had enviro sci somewhere in my prefs because of this
bbq's/events where you meet other 1st year science faculty cats with 2nd year and above science cats walking around and chatting and meeting up with you every now and then and showing you around the uni

lol

HSC
N/A
bbq's/events where you meet other 1st year science faculty cats with 2nd year and above science cats walking around and chatting and meeting up with you every now and then and showing you around the uni

lol
Sounds good. Imma sign up.

Yeah, I know. Choosing a degree based on projected employment prospects is a little silly, but it reassures me to an extent that i'm not entirely wasting mah tym

effyhate

autism inspector
HSC
Sounds good. Imma sign up.

Yeah, I know. Choosing a degree based on projected employment prospects is a little silly, but it reassures me to an extent that i'm not entirely wasting mah tym
wooooo

you'll be pretty g with comm or eco with sci though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)