Rape appeal for "cultural differences" (1 Viewer)

minniethepooh

HSC
Uni Grad
Islam seems to have a disproportionate amount of troublemakers and criminals though.
So it would seem in Australia, but that's how the media wants us to see it. In Iran it would be the opposite, Americans spreading evil and modernism around the country. It a matter of perspective.

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC
The Christian percentage is higher than I would have guessed.

The point I have been trying to make is that religion and race are not the issues facing Australia, but culture.

I couldn't really care if someone is white, black or yellow or whether they are an atheist, Christian, Jewish or other religion etc. What concerns me is cultural issues.

I went to a (not my usual one) westfields last week and went into Cole's to do some food shopping. Probably 70% of the customers were race X and the rest were white/other. Now that in itself is okay. However, while shopping you can't help but listen to those around you. Well of the 70% of X race, I heard only one coupe conversing in English. Everyone else was speaking a different language. That just isn't on in my opinion and unless significant cultural issues like this are addressed somehow it is only going to get worse.
Maybe they don't want filthy eavesdroppers like you listening to what they want to say, which could be private.

Islam seems to have a disproportionate amount of troublemakers and criminals though.
Proof?

You have none

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Ha-ha I am not communist. But I have been feeling a little Marxist lately. I think you missed the point or maybe I didn't explain myself well. What I was trying to say was that its not the religion so much as the people who stuff it up. People who don't necessarily understand the religion manipulate it and pick and choose the stuff that fits their aims. For example they will pick up the concept of holy war and use it as justification for killing an innocent 8 yr old boy (Boston). So blame the people not the religion. Genocide is fundamentally wrong, I don't believe religion is.
Marx was a moron

I've read and learnt plenty about Islam and there is a fair bit of room for interpretation, especially from Arabic to other languages. The point being though is that there is still sufficient wiggle-room for individuals to determine that aggression is the right thing to do in order to justify some end, due to religion. The lack of respect for property rights stems from culture but is then divinely condoned by a religion.
So it would seem in Australia, but that's how the media wants us to see it. In Iran it would be the opposite, Americans spreading evil and modernism around the country. It a matter of perspective.
Who has told you that it's the media's fault? Do you pray regularly at a mosque? Are your Sheikhs or Imams telling you this? Your parents? Someone else's?
Proof?

You have none
Look at the legal systems and leadership of:
Iran
Syria
Palestine
Saudi Arabia
Pakistan

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Not all muslims are terrorists although most terrorists are muslims.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Ha-ha I am not communist. But I have been feeling a little Marxist lately. I think you missed the point or maybe I didn't explain myself well. What I was trying to say was that its not the religion so much as the people who stuff it up. People who don't necessarily understand the religion manipulate it and pick and choose the stuff that fits their aims. For example they will pick up the concept of holy war and use it as justification for killing an innocent 8 yr old boy (Boston). So blame the people not the religion. Genocide is fundamentally wrong, I don't believe religion is.
They were normal guys until the older brother became radalised by islam in 2011.

hayabusaboston

HSC
Maybe they don't want filthy eavesdroppers like you listening to what they want to say, which could be private.

Proof?

You have none[
/QUOTE]

are you fucking serious??? Dude the proof is EVERYWHERE!! omg how ignorant can you be making a statement such as this.

Just like it is quite widely known that the percentage of the australian population comprising aboriginals is over 20 times less than the percentage of aboriginals comprising prisons. Doesnt that frickin tell you something about "cultural differences"??

minniethepooh

HSC
Uni Grad
Each to their own but i do agree with a lot of what Marx says. I also believe that its the media's fault and i reached that conclusion through researching current events. If media was objective (which it never will be unfortunately) the words Muslim and terrorist/rapist/aggressive alpha male would not become synonymous.

[Who has told you that it's the media's fault? Do you pray regularly at a mosque? Are your Sheikhs or Imams telling you this? Your parents? Someone else's?]- I don't have Sheikhs or Imams...I don't pray regularly at a mosque...In fact i don't know why that would be relevant. If i was going to be indoctrinated by anything it would have most likely been by mainstream media.

But it was interesting to see that you assumed i was Muslim, haven't you met any open minded non-Muslims.

minniethepooh

HSC
Uni Grad
See that's the difference, I would say until he was radicalised by people who do not understand/manipulate the concept of Islam. Because Islam does not advocate the murder of innocent children.

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC
Marx was a moron

I've read and learnt plenty about Islam and there is a fair bit of room for interpretation, especially from Arabic to other languages. The point being though is that there is still sufficient wiggle-room for individuals to determine that aggression is the right thing to do in order to justify some end, due to religion. The lack of respect for property rights stems from culture but is then divinely condoned by a religion.

Who has told you that it's the media's fault? Do you pray regularly at a mosque? Are your Sheikhs or Imams telling you this? Your parents? Someone else's?

Look at the legal systems and leadership of:
Iran
Syria
Palestine
Saudi Arabia
Pakistan
The Ottoman Caliphate was the proper Islamic system. Saudi Arabia is based off of British imperialism, it rose through rebellion to the Ottoman Empire, although it may have some elements that are in order with Islam, most of the corruption in Arabia is due to politics and elements outside of Islam. Palestinian and Pakistani laws don't seem to show any problem with an Islamic system, I can't comment on Syria really.

And I was asking for proof that Islam has a disproportionate amount of troublemakers and criminals, which isn't proven through analysis of the legal systems of modern countries of a predominant Muslim population.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
See that's the difference, I would say until he was radicalised by people who do not understand/manipulate the concept of Islam. Because Islam does not advocate the murder of innocent children.
Agreed, the ones that radicalize Islam (who do not understand it), bring a bad name to the religion.

hayabusaboston

HSC
This is quite a prevalent issue, however some folk do not do this. Geert Wilders for example.
minniethepooh it might be worth it for u to watch the movie on youtube called "Fitna". Its just a short 15 min documentary on islam. It will make you more "open minded".

Hamza_1000

HSC
hmm "not all Muslims are terrorist, but most terrorist are muslim" lol honestly the ignorance is too much. Oh my, terrorism is not just restricted to Islam, just look at Israel for example, look at the American take over of Iraq, Afghanistan, could you honestly tell me with full confidence that what they did was not an act of terror? the death of millions under the banner of so called "democracy", the forced take over of a nation under the hands of Israel, the persecution and to some extent genocide of the Rohingya people , is that not terrorism too? or is it because they're non-Muslims they are to be saved from the guise of a "terrorist". Inb4 butt hurt, Inb4 definitions of terrorism are chucked at me. Honestly religion should of never been mentioned let alone discussed in this post. Also the allusions you keep making towards Islam are suggestive of a sort of anger or discrimination against the religion, so you're not fooling anyone :) . Btw I'm not looking here to argue so please I suggest anyone looking for a geopolitical and theological argument to express their anger or "passion" at someone who's actually bothered to try to argue you. Have a nice day :)

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
hmm "not all Muslims are terrorist, but most terrorist are muslim" lol honestly the ignorance is too much. Oh my, terrorism is not just restricted to Islam, just look at Israel for example, look at the American take over of Iraq, Afghanistan, could you honestly tell me with full confidence that what they did was not an act of terror? the death of millions under the banner of so called "democracy", the forced take over of a nation under the hands of Israel, the persecution and to some extent genocide of the Rohingya people , is that not terrorism too? or is it because they're non-Muslims they are to be saved from the guise of a "terrorist". Inb4 butt hurt, Inb4 definitions of terrorism are chucked at me. Honestly religion should of never been mentioned let alone discussed in this post. Also the allusions you keep making towards Islam are suggestive of a sort of anger or discrimination against the religion, so you're not fooling anyone :) . Btw I'm not looking here to argue so please I suggest anyone looking for a geopolitical and theological argument to express their anger or "passion" at someone who's actually bothered to try to argue you. Have a nice day :)
Oh my god you ignorant racist! You can't say they did all those things because of democracy!!!!!!!!!! Clearly they did them because they are a bunch of people who don't believe in real democracy!!!!! Learn some FACTS before buying into all the media's propaganda!!!!

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
are you fucking serious??? Dude the proof is EVERYWHERE!! omg how ignorant can you be making a statement such as this.

Just like it is quite widely known that the percentage of the australian population comprising aboriginals is over 20 times less than the percentage of aboriginals comprising prisons. Doesnt that frickin tell you something about "cultural differences"??

Just like it is quite widely known that the percentage of the australian population comprising aboriginals is over 20 times less than the percentage of aboriginals comprising prisons. Doesnt that frickin tell you something about "cultural differences"??[/QUOTE]

a high representation of crime amongst aboriginals can be attributable to a load of other things, in particular low socioeconomic status, poverty, lack of resources etc. It's a bit silly to automatically attribute it to culture.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)