2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flop21

HSC
finished trials yesterday, what to do now?

I want to chill
but
I want to do work
Relax for a day, then sleep in the next, do some work, and continue doing work? I don't see the issue in continuing studying, but you might want to reduce the hours you study, then slowly increase them again.

rawrliongirl

HSC
I need advice..... PLZZ. okay so i was thinking of starting gym after trials. I just need people's opinion on if its a good idea or not. i've always wanted to go since the beginning.. I reckon i can balance it with my life as i only aim to study 3 hours a day, and i get to leave school early at around 1:30, so if i have 3 hours to study a day it will leave me enough time to go to the gym... what are your opinions? should i start or not? THANKSS :)
ive barely had time to go to the gym lately and i feel so crap because of that.
trust meh, gym is great <3
it makes you feel good and its an outlet as well so you're not stuck at home studying all the time.
as soon as trials are over im going back <3 <3

FlyingKanga

The optimistic pessimist.
HSC
Is there any reason why I can concentrate better in the afternoon trial exams rather than the morning ones? Should I wake up earlier to simulate my afternoon concentration for the morning exam tomorrow?

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Is there any reason why I can concentrate better in the afternoon trial exams rather than the morning ones? Should I wake up earlier to simulate my afternoon concentration for the morning exam tomorrow?
Try to wake up earlier and also try to take a 20 minute walk. Take a look at this photo, this should make you start walking :)

pomsky

HSC
Guys, how do you apply interstate? Would be appreciated if you could link me to an indepth guide.

Fiction

HSC
Guys, how do you apply interstate? Would be appreciated if you could link me to an indepth guide.
Just to add to that, weird question, but does anyone know if professional awards apply for things like first aid certificates...?
Also, what's the point of getting all these information?

matchalolz

HSC
Serious Question: How do people survive trial exams without needing to piss o_O
During my paper 1 I was halfway through my essay (did it second) but just sat there and finished the whole paper on sheer willpower alone. Paper 2 was better, didn't feel the urge so soon but as soon as exam finished I had to go
How is it for everyone else?

Should i just not drink water in the morning or something? In daily life i piss pretty often (i think i drink an average amount) i might get it checked out if i keep having issues >.>

astroman

HSC
During my paper 1 I was halfway through my essay (did it second) but just sat there and finished the whole paper on sheer willpower alone. Paper 2 was better, didn't feel the urge so soon but as soon as exam finished I had to go

Should i just not drink water in the morning or something? In daily life i piss pretty often (i think i drink an average amount) i might get it checked out if i keep having issues >.>
drink water in the morning, its essential for your brain to function, my advice is to just piss before the exam starts, like 10 mins before. You should be able to hold it for 3hrs. Also the human body can hold piss for 12hrs so if you can't survive 3, there's something wrong.

TalkTakesTime

HSC
This was a huge problem for me when I was preparing for UMAT - I'd have to take a piss 2-3 times (I drank coffee for UMAT and practice to keep up concentration for 3 hours straight). For the real exam and for trials I did pretty much the same thing - drinking A LOT of water a 2 hours before the exam, and closer to the exam when I got thirsty I'd sip it, have it stay in my mouth for about a minute and spit it out. Not sure if it's a little too extreme though, but it worked for me - Didn't have to piss a single time during UMAT/trials

TalkTakesTime

HSC
Also if you really need to piss/poop, just do it. Holding it in seriously messes with my concentration especially when you need to focus fully.

matchalolz

HSC
drink water in the morning, its essential for your brain to function, my advice is to just piss before the exam starts, like 10 mins before. You should be able to hold it for 3hrs. Also the human body can hold piss for 12hrs so if you can't survive 3, there's something wrong.
You should definitely have a healthy amount of water to consume, I mean drinking fluid in the morning is what I normally do in my routine anyway. But in my honest opinion, I always found that going to piss right before exams was beneficial. I remember that there was a mad dash to the bathroom for paper 2 by half of our english advanced cohort haha

Never knew that before haha #youlearnsomethingneweveryday
I do go before exams (maybe like 15 minutes earlier) coz we always get sent in earlier and just sit there stoned while they go through instructions (and steal our precious cramming time ><)

after reflection I pee a lot throughout the day, never really hold it for more than 3 hours

I'll see what happens tomorrow and if its a problem i might go see a doctor or something and hope i can get special consideration lol

Ekman

HSC

Can confirm that it has happened to me, I needed to piss the moment I started my extension 2 maths half-yearly. You just have to man up and hold it for the time, but doing the questions usually takes your mind off the need to piss, till after the exam is over. Its the worst when the teachers collect the papers so slow, and you cant leave and you are just waiting there for like 10 minutes, that's when the real urge begins.

matchalolz

HSC
This was a huge problem for me when I was preparing for UMAT - I'd have to take a piss 2-3 times (I drank coffee for UMAT and practice to keep up concentration for 3 hours straight). For the real exam and for trials I did pretty much the same thing - drinking A LOT of water a 2 hours before the exam, and closer to the exam when I got thirsty I'd sip it, have it stay in my mouth for about a minute and spit it out. Not sure if it's a little too extreme though, but it worked for me - Didn't have to piss a single time during UMAT/trials
considering that I still managed to write 7 pages for my discovery essay in 40 minutes I don't think it's really a huge concentration issue for me coz my motivation/desire to do well outweighs it. Still would be a lot more relaxing if it weren't the case though

matchalolz

HSC
Can confirm that it has happened to me, I needed to piss the moment I started my extension 2 maths half-yearly. You just have to man up and hold it for the time, but doing the questions usually takes your mind off the need to piss, till after the exam is over. Its the worst when the teachers collect the papers so slow, and you cant leave and you are just waiting there for like 10 minutes, that's when the real urge begins.
lol i just storm out of the hall like eff bitches

TalkTakesTime

HSC
I was mainly referring to 3 hour exam formats which need more stamina/focus but I guess there are people who soldier through.

matchalolz

HSC
I was mainly referring to 3 hour exam formats which need more stamina/focus but I guess there are people who soldier through.
I just think to myself "for once I've studied adequately for an exam I'm not letting this opportunity go down the drain" :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)