Can I still get a band 6 (1 Viewer)

dani01

HSC
Hi so here are my english marks for this year so far.
Task 1: 80%
Task 2: 95%
Task 3: 93%

Can I get a band 6!? What would I have to get in trials and hsc (considering scaling and stuff - my school is ranked 59?? i think somehwere around there could be lower)
thanks

Last edited:

jjnn

HSC
Uni Grad
Your marks are really good, and your rank is really good as well, (Being in the top 20th percentile especially in English, means your on track), but anything can happen. From the ranks you gave me and the high marks you have received, I'm really concerned for you and your school because your school has either marked the exams really easy, or the exam was easy, or everyone is just good in English. If your school is marked easy and/or the exams were easy, this could be bad because it means your school is not preparing the students for the hardcore difficulty they will expect in the hsc. Remembering that the marks matter but the cohort progress matters more as they can be scaled down or up depending on how they go in the hsc.
If it is the case that everyone is just good in english, means that you can definitely expect a band 6, assuming you will do good in trials and get a rank in the top 10th percentile in your school, and at least an 85% in the hsc exam.
But this year is really a test year so anything can happen this year. Good luck and hope you get in the course you wanted!

dani01

HSC
Your marks are really good, and your rank is really good as well, (Being in the top 20th percentile especially in English, means your on track), but anything can happen. From the ranks you gave me and the high marks you have received, I'm really concerned for you and your school because your school has either marked the exams really easy, or the exam was easy, or everyone is just good in English. If your school is marked easy and/or the exams were easy, this could be bad because it means your school is not preparing the students for the hardcore difficulty they will expect in the hsc. Remembering that the marks matter but the cohort progress matters more as they can be scaled down or up depending on how they go in the hsc.
If it is the case that everyone is just good in english, means that you can definitely expect a band 6, assuming you will do good in trials and get a rank in the top 10th percentile in your school, and at least an 85% in the hsc exam.
But this year is really a test year so anything can happen this year. Good luck and hope you get in the course you wanted!
Hey I'm literally just seeing your reply now! So I ended up with a rank of 17/150 not in the 10 percentile but very close.
And no our markers are not easy we genuinely have good English people that literally smash every single English assignment and exams. In year 11 I lost a total of 3 marks and there were still 15 people sitting above me.
But yeah thanks for your reply. I ended up averaging a 90 for the whole year which I am very happy with. I'm working hard so I think I can get a good external. Then since our cohort is so good at english I'm hoping to get a little boost. Fingers crossed for that band 6.

Accurate

clix
HSC
Hey I'm literally just seeing your reply now! So I ended up with a rank of 17/150 not in the 10 percentile but very close.
And no our markers are not easy we genuinely have good English people that literally smash every single English assignment and exams. In year 11 I lost a total of 3 marks and there were still 15 people sitting above me.
But yeah thanks for your reply. I ended up averaging a 90 for the whole year which I am very happy with. I'm working hard so I think I can get a good external. Then since our cohort is so good at english I'm hoping to get a little boost. Fingers crossed for that band 6.

How many people last year got a Band 6 for english at ur school

dani01

HSC
How many people last year got a Band 6 for english at ur school
last year 15 but they had a really tough year as a cohort if you get what I mean. In 2017 and 2016 there was over 30 people who got a band 6 in english

jjnn

HSC
Uni Grad
THAT IS AWESOME!!! Good on you!!! Yep I can definitely say you have a high chance of getting a band 6 in English, assuming you do good in the HSC!!! Btw what are you planning to do in uni?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)