2012 Semester 2 UNSW Chatter Thread (1 Viewer)

HSC
Uni Grad
Since no-one has made a UNSW semester 2 chatter thread, I will make it and continue it from semester 1.

So, holidays will be over soon. O-week coming up on Wednesday the 11th, whilst Week 1 will be starting on the 16th.

Welcome to those new people who will be starting uni in semester 2, and looking forward to these people. Also looking forward to seeing you all back again, for those who are continuing studies at UNSW.

For those who don't know this thread serves as a general discussion thread for UNSW students. Please keep all the miscellaneous and off-topic conversation here as well as comments/queries/observations that don't warrant a new thread. While posts that would generally be considered spam elsewhere are tolerated in this thread, please note that this is not a substitute for Non-School.
P.S. Someone sticky this thread

so_what

HSC
Cannot wait to go back, these holidays have been soooooo boring.

Riachain

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm a new person! Looking forward to meeting all of you (or some of you) at O-Week and beyond. :)

HSC
Uni Grad
nice nice. Well we start early and finish earlier, so I guess it makes up for it somehow.

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad
Going to take this opportunity to complain about UNSW budgeting.
*ONE WEEK* before the semester starts, the course I was looking forward to gets cancelled. Had to last minute find another course and reschedule everything.
:rage:
(From what I heard, this is due to voluntary redundancies as part of the budget cuts - a first year lecturer will be leaving and thus they had to last minute find someone else to lecture the course. Our lecturer is doing that so the course cannot be run this semester. Damn UNSW budgeting.)
Anyone else have this experience?
UNSW says: welcome to semester 2
trollface.jpg

HSC
Uni Grad
Going to take this opportunity to complain about UNSW budgeting.
*ONE WEEK* before the semester starts, the course I was looking forward to gets cancelled. Had to last minute find another course and reschedule everything.
(From what I heard, this is due to voluntary redundancies as part of the budget cuts - a first year lecturer will be leaving and thus they had to last minute find someone else to lecture the course. Our lecturer is doing that so the course cannot be run this semester. Damn UNSW budgeting.)
Anyone else have this experience?
UNSW says: welcome to semester 2
trollface.jpg

hate how UNSW is doing all this budgeting, getting rid of the supposedly good lecturers :S

adii

HSC
Uni Grad
guys, on a side note, how do you post a thread asking a question?

HSC
Uni Grad
guys, on a side note, how do you post a thread asking a question?
go to the particular category that you want to ask a question on, then you click top left corner, which should have "Post New Thread". then you should be fine.

Riachain

HSC
Uni Grad
mid-year entry?

oh okay, what are you studying?
Yeah. Just graduated in February (international student, early graduation), so I decided to start my tertiary education earlier than the others in my year by heading off to Australia for university. Hence, a mid-year entry.

And I'm studying a double degree in Commerce and Arts. Undecided major for Commerce, thinking that my major for Arts will be in International Relations.

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah. Just graduated in February (international student, early graduation), so I decided to start my tertiary education earlier than the others in my year by heading off to Australia for university. Hence, a mid-year entry.

And I'm studying a double degree in Commerce and Arts. Undecided major for Commerce, thinking that my major for Arts will be in International Relations.
oh, hi-five, commerce arts too.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

ah Comm/Arts

sounds good.

^. I want one more week.
We all do :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)