2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

teridax

HSC
N/A
I'm going to have an adaptable for Module A and Module C because the questions are really general and predictable. But Module B is specific a lot of the time and I don't think a prepared would be ideal for it.
My 19/20 Mod B trial essay (I do Hamlet) says otherwise. I had a generic essay for the module and just ensured I doubled my prep by adapting more than Mod A and C. So you can prepare an essay for Mod B (srs). The point is though to make sure you also know the whole text (or speeches if your school studies them) so if they chuck a shocker at you, you can write on the spot as well. Most questions however can be linked back to certain central ideas - like you can bring heaps of stuff back to the idea of remembrance so if you've prepared something for that, you're good.

Just don't get caught in the trap of memorising word for word and not knowing the text as a whole.

Last edited:

FlyingKanga

The optimistic pessimist.
HSC
My 19/20 Mod B trial essay (I do Hamlet) says otherwise. I had a generic essay for the module and just ensured I doubled my prep by adapting more than Mod A and C. So you can prepare an essay for Mod B (srs). The point is though to make sure you also know the whole text (or speeches if your school studies them) so if they chuck a shocker at you, you can write on the spot as well. Most questions however can be linked back to certain central ideas - like you can bring heaps of stuff back to the idea of remembrance so if you've prepared something for that, you're good.

Just don't get caught in the trap of memorising word for word and not knowing the text as a whole.
I think it's different for Hamlet. I'm doing speeches and looking at the past, they can make you address a specific speech and one other, or even all the speeches.

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
Do any of the 2015er's have any advice for us ppl going into year 12 about studying and stuff? Maybe stuff you guys regretted not doing

Ekman

HSC
Do any of the 2015er's have any advice for us ppl going into year 12 about studying and stuff? Maybe stuff you guys regretted not doing
Take task 1's seriously, and study hard for them (meaning start studying now during the 2 week holidays you have). They have quite an impact on your overall average and ranks. However if you do not go as well as you expected for task 1's, half-yearlies have a bigger impact so don't be completely disheartened.

matchalolz

HSC
- not doing my maths homework (really underestimated the importance)
- not knowing the importance of checking over your work in maths (can sometimes save more marks than attempting the really hard obscure marks -> this advice is only for plebs like me, go for the hard marks if you're smart)
- not knowing what directive terms mean
- not knowing my syllabus inside out for business studies
- only getting my shit together in the second half of the year

i would think the majority of the state is memorising and adapting tbh :haha:

did it work for trials tho?
Yes I'm doing this too.

I hate mod b speeches so much especially geraldine brooks makes no sense to me

matchalolz

HSC
Take task 1's seriously, and study hard for them (meaning start studying now during the 2 week holidays you have). They have quite an impact on your overall average and ranks. However if you do not go as well as you expected for task 1's, half-yearlies have a bigger impact so don't be completely disheartened.
oh, definitely this. I got 98% for one of my subs in trials but still only ranked 4th because previous assessments were meh.
I want to punch past me in the face

teridax

HSC
N/A
oh, definitely this. I got 98% for one of my subs in trials but still only ranked 4th because previous assessments were meh.
I want to punch past me in the face
sksksksksksksk

what sub haha

FlyingKanga

The optimistic pessimist.
HSC
- not doing my maths homework (really underestimated the importance)
- not knowing the importance of checking over your work in maths (can sometimes save more marks than attempting the really hard obscure marks -> this advice is only for plebs like me, go for the hard marks if you're smart)
- not knowing what directive terms mean
- not knowing my syllabus inside out for business studies
- only getting my shit together in the second half of the year

Yes I'm doing this too.

I hate mod b speeches so much especially geraldine brooks makes no sense to me
I DON'T GET ATWOOD'S SPEECH!! Wtf is she going on about for what seems like 10000 pages?!

teridax

HSC
N/A
Because you'll get stomped if you don't receive the exact question you planned for.
Hmm fair enough (ffs, why can't MH Q's be broad like eng lol).

But then it's annoying af because you memorise all of the syllabus content just for a measly essay question. I don't know how you survive haha.

RecklessRick

HSC
N/A
But then it's annoying af because you memorise all of the syllabus content just for a measly essay question.
It's almost as if the hsc wants you to have a broad knowledge of what you're writing about???

Crazy I know

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Maybe try practice answers to several essay questions? And get some feedback...read it a couple of times. I found that when I did that for Business Studies, I had a general idea on how to answer most essay questions because I have done it at least once before.

But then again, you guys have other subjects to attend to, so it might be time consuming. But if you're doing trial/HSC papers, then expose yourself to more...and do both the essay questions...?

Flop21

HSC
Does anyone feel that they need the presence of people doing work to actually do work effectively?
Well I find I work better with people around me doing work. I go to the library a lot for this very reason lol.

Except unfortunately doing trial periods and I'm going to guess right now (lead up to HSC), people tend to swamp to the library in big groups, and for some reason decide it's a good idea to talk and chat in a quiet study area.

Why the hell do people go to the library in the first place if all they wanna do is talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)