2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekman

HSC
So then what is considered too short for a creative?

Edit: My creative has now reached around 800 words, and I feel comfortable with it. Should I increase it further or leave that for the adaption to the stimulus in the exam

Last edited:

Mr_Kap

HSC
MIF is the BEST maths TEXTBOOK EVER.

IT HELPED ME TO GET AROUND 30% IN MY TRIALS FOR MX1!!!!

WHAT an AWSOME BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

recommend buying it and telling all your friends to also buy it. It has NO MISTAKES WHATESOEVER. It is the pinnacle of perfection in Mathematics.

IT IS THE PINNACLE OF PERFECTION!

Last edited:

Ekman

HSC

recommend buying it and telling all your friends to also buy it. It has NO MISTAKES WHATESOEVER. It is the pinnacle of perfection in Mathematics.

IcyRain

HSC

IT IS THE PINNACLE OF PERFECTION!
This is so true.

Fiction

HSC
Legit advice time though, pretty sure cloths aren't against the rules if you just want something to wipe your hands with. Alternatively if you have a blazer or a jumper that's a part of the school uniform there's no reason you can't just wipe your hands on that. As to preventative measures, you'd probably do well just to breathe deeply and try and relax before and during the exam. A pen with a better grip could also help you if the problem is that your pen is slipping as a result of sweat.
True true haha
I'll um, keep that in mind :p
I've always wanted to bring something really strange in like a toy car? or something and hand it in :)
Omg, that'll actually break the tension and everything haha
You creative person you <3

Chris_S

HSC
Haha I use MIF and for my trial prep I was doing the Test Yourself exercise for each topic and the hardest questions were like in the start of every HSC exam or in the multiple choice! None in question 15 or 16. So it is pretty much pointless if you want to gain good marks in the last few sections of the paper

Ekman

HSC
Just a question for paper 1 section 1 for English (my trials start tomorrow), is it ok to re use your answers for the first few short-answer questions in your mini essay response in the final question? Because if that is the case, then isn't it ideal to write an essay-like paragraph for the first few questions and just reuse it with a different overarching thesis and intro for the mini essay, thus shortening your time required for section 1?

Chris_S

HSC
Well I am not totally sure but I did for mine and I got 14/15! So I am not sure if it was just generous marking or not

Ekman

HSC
Well I am not totally sure but I did for mine and I got 14/15! So I am not sure if it was just generous marking or not
So you just copied your previous answers for your mini essay and you got 14/15? How long did it take you to do section 1?

Chris_S

HSC
Well for section 1 in paper 1 the last question in the short response was the 5 marker which needed me to talk about two previous texts and I just restated what I did with the previous responses and linked them together and made a judgement as it said evaluate! By the way I got that 14 out of 15 for the whole short response section not the final question! I don't now what i got for that as I only got my mark not the test back

Last edited:

Ekman

HSC
Well for section 1 in paper 1 the last question in the short response was the 5 marker which needed me to talk about two previous texts and I just restated what I did with the previous responses and linked them together and made a judgement as it said evaluate! By the way I got that 14 out of 15 for the whole short response section not the final question! I don't now what i got for that as I only got my mark not the test back
Yeah I know that you got 14/15 for the entire section but that would mean that it should be all good if you just copy your previous answers for the final mini essay

Chris_S

HSC
I suppose you could but it depends if that final question suits what you written in the others! If it is a completely different theme or subject you have to talk about than there is no point using it then

Flop21

HSC
Just a question for paper 1 section 1 for English (my trials start tomorrow), is it ok to re use your answers for the first few short-answer questions in your mini essay response in the final question? Because if that is the case, then isn't it ideal to write an essay-like paragraph for the first few questions and just reuse it with a different overarching thesis and intro for the mini essay, thus shortening your time required for section 1?
I read in an excel book or something somewhere that you shouldn't reuse your techniques from the first questions. Or maybe it was someone's thread on here?

Chris_S

HSC
Yeah flop is right you shouldn't! But I was lucky lol

pomsky

HSC
Yeah I know that you got 14/15 for the entire section but that would mean that it should be all good if you just copy your previous answers for the final mini essay
I reckon it's fine if you do it well (top-notch standard), but markers will probably be less inclined to award you full marks for it. Just because it's playing a bit with the grey area (like when you use a 4u technique for 3u maths. Acceptable, but nonetheless slightly dodgy)

Having said this, good strategy to minimise time and maximise marks. Most students will probably do it subconsciously (i.e use past responses and then build on it.) because that's what the exam is setting you up to do.

Keep in mind though the exponential effort required for each increasing English mark. (i.e Earlier questions (2-4 marks) require only 1-2 techniques explained well, whereas a 5-6 marker is usually 6+ well explained techniques.) As such, careful not to over-achieve in the analysis for the earlier questions, but under-achieve for the analysis of the last few questions. Having excessive analysis for the first few questions (and writing excessively) will also eat into your time.

All in all, good luck : )
P.S I wish my trials were as late :(

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
General rule of thumb for me, when it came to the mini-essay (5-6 marker), was ''it's fine to re-use some textual evidence (quotes/techniques) from the previous parts but ideally, it's good practice to incorporate some new textual evidence too''.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)