2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

turntaker

HSC
About why the HSC doesn't matter (bit silly saying that at a school that requires 91+), his life, life in general, and a tiny bit about computing. Really pointless, you didn't miss much.
It wasn't even pointless. You are just being close minded.

He said you can get in with 81+ and that's the unis requirement its not really up to CSE.

What were you really expecting him to talk about?

Flop21

HSC
It wasn't even pointless. You are just being close minded.

He said you can get in with 81+ and that's the unis requirement its not really up to CSE.

What were you really expecting him to talk about?
It was 99.9% pointless. I walked out of there with no info about the CSE programs / degrees / what they offer.

How am I being close minded? I've been set on UNSW since the start of this year, I was one of the most open minded people coming into that lecture.

How can you say that being lectured for 3/4 of the whole talk about how the HSC doesn't matter was relevant? Yeah maybe to some, but they had no other lectures and that was the only thing they had to offer to educate people on their program and why it's better than other unis'.

What about that lecture did you think was good? Genuinely curious.

Ekman

HSC
Tbh I prefer UNSW as a campus over USYD and UTS, and I don't mind the bus ride (im used to trains during peak hours in the morning), so I liked todays open day in comparison to the other open days.

Flop21

HSC
Tbh I prefer UNSW as a campus over USYD and UTS, and I don't mind the bus ride (im used to trains during peak hours in the morning), so I liked todays open day in comparison to the other open days.
I think UNSW is a good balance between the city feel and a more laid back feel, if that makes sense. UTS, e.g. is obviously right in the middle of the city, UOW is very out of the city.

If I don't live on campus (thinking of living at the village), then I'll probably buy a car since the drive is pretty easy and quick ~40mins, compared to over an hour and half train ride + bus.

rawrliongirl

HSC
I really like the UNSW campus out of all the uni's, I mean I love UOW as its really green and there's a duck pond and ducks!! But UNSW has always been my ultimate dream. I reckon UNSW is the best (but then again I'm kind of biased towards it...) and the library is sooooo awesome <3 <3 <3
If I went to UNSW I'd have to train it then bus it. UTS is just way more convenient for me. Actually I lie...most convenient uni is UWS for me...but I'm not going there so.... :3
Anyway, I still really hope I'll get into UNSW but I feel I'll probably end up at UTS with the way things have been going this year. I'm cool with that though, they have the super lab at UTS *_*

FlyingKanga

The optimistic pessimist.
HSC
Why am I a 5 minute walk away from UWS...

Actually it's called WSU now right?

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Why am I a 5 minute walk away from UWS...

Actually it's called WSU now right?
Honestly I don't even know what was the point of the name change, they changed the logo fair enough but their name too? lol.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
I really like the UNSW campus out of all the uni's, I mean I love UOW as its really green and there's a duck pond and ducks!! But UNSW has always been my ultimate dream. I reckon UNSW is the best (but then again I'm kind of biased towards it...) and the library is sooooo awesome <3 <3 <3
If I went to UNSW I'd have to train it then bus it. UTS is just way more convenient for me. Actually I lie...most convenient uni is UWS for me...but I'm not going there so.... :3
Anyway, I still really hope I'll get into UNSW but I feel I'll probably end up at UTS with the way things have been going this year. I'm cool with that though, they have the super lab at UTS *_*
What are you planning on doing if you get to UTS?

rawrliongirl

HSC
What are you planning on doing if you get to UTS?
Science.
Either their flexible science degree or medicinal chem at this stage. Who knows though, ill probably end up changing my mind again :')

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)