3 hours a night is not enough! (1 Viewer)

HSC
lyounamu said:
That may have applied to you but that will not necessarily work on others.

I suggest the OP to have a hard look on herself before she makes a decision about her own study routine. Outsiders like us cannot really come up with decent recommendation without knowing her own body type/study routine/study capacity/subjects and other factors such as environment. Best thing to do is to try as many study routines as possible to see what SUITS HER BEST.
I wasn't saying it would work for others
but from my experience considering I'm doing my HSC now... the people that studied constantly are stressed and aren't necessarily the ones that perform well come exams

too much study and you'll either burn out or have no social life
it's the HSC just chill, not the end of the world

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC
2008Premiers! said:
i didnt do more than an hour a night during this year for study. I found it hard concentrating for more than an hour. Get your work done in class and u should be fine.

3 hours is fine but anymore than 3 hours is just ridiculous. There is more important things than the hsc!
Yup, like your uai :hammer:

Miffstaa

HSC
one of best pieces of advice that i got was to use/ write notes as prompts. there is no need to copy most shit into your notes...thats why we have textbooks.
instead the notes should consist of one, two or three words that prompt all of the info into your brain.

oh, and its going into the fourth week of year 12?
:uhoh:

is there even a need to study?

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
shaon0 said:
wow you've been doing a lot. I haven't been doing anything but i hope to start studying for at least 4 hours a day next week.but i'm doubtful.
lol good luck :]

qwong92

HSC
One very important thing is to WORK during your free periods =)

It's funny how in year 11, most people didn't do much during frees, but this year, every free, everyone is doing work.

For us, the school reccommends we do 3-4 hours a night, 5 nights a week. Any hours you miss out on, catch up on weekend. Of course, this varies from person to person, but anything less than 2 hours won't be enough if you want to do well.

As for cramming before exams, it's not a good idea =) It works to a certain degree, but places extra pressure on you to memorise a terms worth of work two or three nights right before the exam.

It's much more helpful if you revise topics as you go. If you do 3 hours work a night, spend 2 hours on homework and 1 hour on revising previous topics, or doing past papers. That way, you build up a solid foundation. Also, don't do it all at once. Do an hour after school, an hour before dinner, and another hour or two after dinner.

bored of sc

HSC
Study HAS to be effective. This is essential. If you retain knowledge/understand concepts by doing 5 hours then I guess it's okay; as long as you don't overdo it. The HSC is a marathon, not a sprint.

dinopoke

HSC
Is anyone struggling to stay on top of homework? Studying I can do fine, but I usually tend to do it after I finish all my set work. Problem is, I'm having trouble doing that. :/

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
dinopoke said:
Is anyone struggling to stay on top of homework? Studying I can do fine, but I usually tend to do it after I finish all my set work. Problem is, I'm having trouble doing that. :/
Especially with English. Our teacher is burying us in Belonging essays and creative writing.

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC
shaon0 said:
Thanks. I'll need it :) Good luck to you, not that you'll need it with all that study.
Only 4 hours? I do 14 hours per day. another 6 hours for school, leaves me 4 hours sleep? Anyone else do more?

shaon0

HSC
ekoolish said:
Only 4 hours? I do 14 hours per day. another 6 hours for school, leaves me 4 hours sleep? Anyone else do more?
lol. I know you study a lot. You don't have to rub it in.

Allan vB

HSC
You fools! If you wer older, you might have just finished... like me!!! Mohaha. Total lol...

Allan vB

HSC
u-borat said:
depends on your skills at cramming and your memorising capability.

libris steps from the word liber which literally means book or inner bark of a tree.

regarding the word 'free', that's also from the base word liber, but this liber is an abjective as opposed to a noun.
the latin word for freedom/liberty is 'libertas'.
Thanks for that!

HSC
dinopoke said:
Homework is a waste of time. Don't do it!

HSC
unless it is math's or something like practice essays or class work you did not finish

dinopoke

HSC
babikakez said:
Homework is a waste of time. Don't do it!
But I have a habit of attempting to complete tasks given to me! Or else I get a nagging feeling in my mind. :p

HSC
dinopoke said:
But I have a habit of attempting to complete tasks given to me! Or else I get a nagging feeling in my mind. :p
But work out what is important and what isnt. Maths, as someone else said, is important, so make sure that gets done. Focus on assessment tasks, useful homework and study, and you'll be okay.
Just be consistent. Even one hour is helpful. What really kills you, is all of the days when you do nothing at all.

freaky.styly

HSC
i don't see the point in writing notes. you should be learning the content at school anyway. then perhaps write a chapter summary every so often as progressive revision.

alternate methods, and studying ahead though (through study guides)
now there's not a problem with that. but going too far ahead wouldnt be very beneficial, in my opinion.

spence

HSC
5 hours is ridiculous. We were told to do 2 a night, and I'm pretty sure no-one even came close to that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)