3 subjects (1 Viewer)

twenty12

HSC
Is there any disadvantage of having 3 subjects a semester like would we have to try harder then to achieve a high wam average?
Or is it better to have 4 subjects where you do really good in 3 subjects but averagely good in the 4th subject. I'm just thinking what would be the better option for increasing my wam
Thanks.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
If you're in it for WAM, do the minimum number of subjects. If you want to get it done fast, do the maximum.

D94

HSC
N/A
But it's a WAM; an average. So doing well in 4 is the same as doing well in 3. It just depends on how much time you have to work for whatever mark you need. Obviously 1 subject will give you the best opportunity for a high WAM, as you have the time to focus on that subject.

Donald_Duck

Banned
HSC
N/A
It's not going to change anything you newbs. Any extra time you have will not go to study, and you will not go any better by doing 3 subjects instead of 4. You will just be at university for another year or two , just being a retard.

RookieLaw

Audit.
HSC
It's not going to change anything you newbs. Any extra time you have will not go to study, and you will not go any better by doing 3 subjects instead of 4. You will just be at university for another year or two , just being a retard.
+1.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
just do 5 then.

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
Not artfully put but true.

TheStallion

HSC
Why would anyone extend the length of their degree just to "try get a higher wam" when they won't even get a higher one, dumbest crap i've ever seen

maratyeu

HSC
N/A
Do employers care about the WAM itself? Or is it the Groupings they represent like Pass --> HD?

ochaguy

HSC
If you're going to do 3 subjects, timetable it wisely so you have 2-3 full days to work. By work, I mean a job/internship that's related to your degree. Otherwise it's not really worth it IMO.

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad
WAM-wise, no disadvantage. It's more relaxing and gives you time to do other things. However you won't be up to date with the courses your friends might be doing and it'll take longer to graduate if that's an issue at all. Don't think that it'll automatically mean you'll get a better WAM though. It's easy to fall into the trap of thinking 'oh I have plenty of time because I'm not doing a full-load...*procrastinates*' (happened to me)

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
I studied part-time during my First Year of University. I had plenty of time to study and I got some decent marks, so it may be worthwhile if you REALLY want the higher WAM.

However like pwoh said, I did sometimes find myself procrastinating more than usual and skipping more lectures/tutorials than usual because of the whole 'I only have 2 hrs today, cbb' mentality, which can really kill your marks.

It all depends on you.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Do employers care about the WAM itself? Or is it the Groupings they represent like Pass --> HD?
Groupings and even then it's more of a question of whether the person is decent or not in academic performance (for non IB/hardcore finance roles). That being said they will ask you why it took you so long to finish your degree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HSC
Uni Grad
WAM-wise, no disadvantage. It's more relaxing and gives you time to do other things. However you won't be up to date with the courses your friends might be doing and it'll take longer to graduate if that's an issue at all. Don't think that it'll automatically mean you'll get a better WAM though. It's easy to fall into the trap of thinking 'oh I have plenty of time because I'm not doing a full-load...*procrastinates*' (happened to me)
happened to a friend of mine. His assumption to my other friend who was doing a full load was like: if he can play starcraft, then that means I can play starcraft twice as much as he can, given that he has 4 subjects and I only have two. :S

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)