$60b wiped off market (3 Viewers)

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
would that be because blacks always do really badly on them? lol

HSC
Uni Grad
like how many people do you know who have a degree but always say that what they learned in their degree doesnt help them at all in their job and that the work theyre doing now is tangentially or not even related to their education at all
lots
how many people with arts degrees are working in pubs or answering phones or doing admin and data entry like a lot of my friends and my sister
probably a fair few
the reason the degree helps so many people get good jobs isnt because without learning about boong painted rocks and dideridoos in indigenous studies you cant be a receptionist because you dont have the SKILSL (lmao) ts because employers use degrees as screening devices to weed out retards

if 50% of people go to university and you're an employer advertising for a receptionist job who are you going to hire

1) guy with no degree just a high school education
2) guy with a degree in peanut butter from charles sturt university bathurst campus or whatever the fuck

yeah youll take the guy with the degree in peanut butter b/c its likely hes not as retarded or as lazy as the first guy so therefore the probability of you training successfully the peanut butter guy and having a decent worker over the high school diploma fag is significantly higher even if the fag with the high school diploma has nothing necessarily wrong with him and can do the job just as well

what im saying is that obv university or some form of learning is good for some people and necessary

but for a lot of peopel its just a ticket to get a decent job that nobody would be considered for otherwise not because youre learning anything useful (lol talk to a bunch of fags with degrees theres so many of them who are just flatout retards who dont know anything) but b/c employers will chuck your resume in the bin otherwise
Ahh, makes sense, I guess this comes back to the too many places/people in unis thing, I see now.
the alternative is simple extensive utilisation of job-skills testing for a plethora of different jobs

long psychometrically sound valid tests anybody can take that predict performance (they can easily be created) better than degrees

you could show your awesome test score to an employer and youre some high school drop out fag and hell actually want to consider you over a fag who went to usyd with a degree in stealin m&ms fromt because the test is psychometrically constructed to predict performace better than just a degree

how much more efficient this would be over degrees how much tax $$$$$$ it would save

these tests are illegal in the u.s btw
Well a degree shows you are capable and committed to learning/working over the course of a few years, whereas a test score indicates capability/skills and cognitive ability which you can have but still be lazy or less productive (ideally employers want someone committed and not a dumbshit). Also for tests to give a remotely fair result you'd probably have to do quite a few over a reasonable time frame (which is infinitely better than all the wasted uni $$$). But even still tests just don't work for certain people, some can be very smart/capable/knowledgeable/skilled yet still score bad on tests.

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
yeah i guess people can be bad testers and have high anxiety and stuff which can affect their scores

but still university is hardly a viable alternative to that because university is nothing but a very very long sequence of tests that lasts 4+ years

Lentern

HSC
like how many people do you know who have a degree but always say that what they learned in their degree doesnt help them at all in their job and that the work theyre doing now is tangentially or not even related to their education at all

how many people with arts degrees are working in pubs or answering phones or doing admin and data entry like a lot of my friends and my sister

the reason the degree helps so many people get good jobs isnt because without learning about boong painted rocks and dideridoos in indigenous studies you cant be a receptionist because you dont have the SKILSL (lmao) ts because employers use degrees as screening devices to weed out retards

if 50% of people go to university and you're an employer advertising for a receptionist job who are you going to hire

1) guy with no degree just a high school education
2) guy with a degree in peanut butter from charles sturt university bathurst campus or whatever the fuck

yeah youll take the guy with the degree in peanut butter b/c its likely hes not as retarded or as lazy as the first guy so therefore the probability of you training successfully the peanut butter guy and having a decent worker over the high school diploma fag is significantly higher even if the fag with the high school diploma has nothing necessarily wrong with him and can do the job just as well

what im saying is that obv university or some form of learning is good for some people and necessary

but for a lot of peopel its just a ticket to get a decent job that nobody would be considered for otherwise not because youre learning anything useful (lol talk to a bunch of fags with degrees theres so many of them who are just flatout retards who dont know anything) but b/c employers will chuck your resume in the bin otherwise

the alternative is simple extensive utilisation of job-skills testing for a plethora of different jobs

long psychometrically sound valid tests anybody can take that predict performance (they can easily be created) better than degrees

you could show your awesome test score to an employer and youre some high school drop out fag and hell actually want to consider you over a fag who went to usyd with a degree in stealin m&ms fromt because the test is psychometrically constructed to predict performace better than just a degree

how much more efficient this would be over degrees how much tax $$$$$$ it would save

these tests are illegal in the u.s btw
You must love life so much Cosmo.

Garygaz

HSC
commodities illegitimate says internet expert
you seem to indulge in taking every single comment you can out of context. steel can be used to create buildings, to build train tracks, to make dams. grain is used as food, it can be used as bio fuel. the reasons for these commodities being a store of value are far superior than that of gold.

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
you seem to indulge in taking every single comment you can out of context. steel can be used to create buildings, to build train tracks, to make dams. grain is used as food, it can be used as bio fuel. the reasons for these commodities being a store of value are far superior than that of gold.
m8 you work in finance and did commerce, you should know that an efficient/practical/sustainable medium of exchange and store of value (such as gold) must be infinitely/highly divisible, fungible, durable etc. Thus, in terms of meeting these criteria, it is quite clear that gold > .... > steel ≥ grain ≥ concrete etc etc. It is not merely such items' value in use that determines their value, it is their relation to these discrete criteria. When you follow this line of reasoning further, it is clear why livestock were/are of paramount importance as a unit of account in pre-money societies.

this is not to say that commodity speculation is never a valid trading strategy or that (for defined period of time) they can be used to store value.

p.s. never read ricardo's theory of money it is batshit crazy

Last edited:

Garygaz

HSC
i understand why gold is a store of value, i'm saying i philosophically don't appreciate/respect it as one. as warren buffet says, (trust me i hate quoting this guy, so over-quoted)

"Gold really doesn't have utility. I'd bet on a good producing business to outperform something that doesn't do anything. If you take all of the gold in the world and put it into a cube, it would be about 67 feet on a side and you could get a ladder and get up on top of it. You can fondle it, you can polish it, you can stare at it. But it isn't going to do anything."
so yes, i understand why and how it is a store of value. i've sat through lectures and have been told how it is so. i only invest in things i believe in, and gold isn't one of them.

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
i understand why gold is a store of value, i'm saying i philosophically don't appreciate/respect it as one. as warren buffet says, (trust me i hate quoting this guy, so over-quoted)

so yes, i understand why and how it is a store of value. i've sat through lectures and have been told how it is so. i only invest in things i believe in, and gold isn't one of them.
I agree with what your sentiments and Warren Buffets re; gold. But not everyone wants to invest in real assets/commodities, and some simply can't. That's the thing about gold - its purpose is not productive, it is not to generate value. It's simply to store it. You cannot deny its importance in financial capitalism.

Garygaz

HSC
summary:

blastus gets told, shoots out 1 liners

more news @ 11

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A
I've never said anything other than gold was a store of value that isn't impacted as much by potential inflation as fiat currencies. You're the one decrying anyone using it as a store of value in favour of 'bildin stuff'

Garygaz

HSC
yes i'm decrying using it as a store of value for the reasons i stated. i 100% understand the reasons why it is used as a store of value yet, my personal train of thought is such that those reasons are illogical. as i said, i am in no way denying money can be made from it, just that the philosophy of storing wealth in a piece of metal which doesn't do anything seems absurd to me.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
yes i'm decrying using it as a store of value for the reasons i stated. i 100% understand the reasons why it is used as a store of value yet, my personal train of thought is such that those reasons are illogical. as i said, i am in no way denying money can be made from it, just that the philosophy of storing wealth in a piece of metal which doesn't do anything seems absurd to me.
Then why is storing value in pieces of plastic that don't do anything any different

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
> The entire economy feels like it is in recession
> My subjects for the 2011 HSC:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)