99.95 ATAR, 99 Ext1 Maths, 98 Ext 2 Maths Tutoring - @ UNSW or Granville Region (1 Viewer)

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
I think it's a condition most maffs and science teachers are afflicted with :p

My maffs, physics and chemistry teachers have terrible grammar and spelling too.
I'm not so concerned if they were maths, physics etc teachers. What I am more concerned about are the English teachers themselves. I bet you lots of students who have earned very good marks for their HSC English, including the major works for Ext 2, have wrong spellings, grammar ... without being penalised. Why? Because grammar & spelling no longer matter. Besides younger teachers are not very sure of their grammar.

Last edited:

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
'Who' refers to people, 'which' refers to objects.
Thank you for coming to my defence on this issue on several. Good to know a young person knows his/her grammar.

People who cannot see the problem betray their ignorance. But they are in the majority - therefore by the principle of democracy, they are right. Over time, through shear weight of usage, what was correct is now wrong, and what was wrong becomes the new right.

Last edited:

Fizzy_Cyst

HSC
Uni Grad
yeh, that works up to the sort of 3students per lesson point, but once you go over 3 students then it doesnt work at all.
Again, it depends on the tutor and their standards. I used to run classes with a maximum of 8 students a few years back. All these students were aiming for 90+ and for 4 years all of them got their 90+. In the 5th year, I had one student get an 89 =\
Needless to say, i went into hiding.

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
This is a bit random, but what's your course like at uni? I'm considering doing it next year, but I'm not 100% sure what's involved in the b science (adv maths) part. I looked it up, but like what's the point of it exactly? Also, do you get chances/opportunities for work experience from the uni, or do you have to go look for it yourself? I imagine it'd be easier to negotiate as a 99.95 :p but just in general? + is the workload a lot bigger with a double degree?

also, nice marks there :D

apollo1

Banned
HSC
this guy is a genius. anyone who is going into year 12 next term shuld choose him as a tutor. who can argue with a 99.95 student.

xV1P3R

HSC
I usually leave it up to the student - although generally 1 hour lessons for Physics and 2 for Maths.

Heisgenius

HSC
Hi everyone! I'm a 2011 graduate from James Ruse, and got tutored by Victor. He is an incredible tutor- he is able to provide you with the general solutions to questions, as well as elegant approaches to it, and short-cuts. Victor is not only a mathematical genius, but he's also a committed and effective teacher. Seriously, it is a blessing to be taught by him. Also, just a note, most 'good' maths tutors charge at least $40/h for individual tutoring-Victor is outstanding, so the price is really not high relative to other tutors.

This is my honest opinion- Victor doesn't even know I've read this thread. I wish you all the best in your HSC!

xV1P3R

HSC
Thanks Mitch! Bump.

Looking for new students for the new year!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)