Are all Korean guys chauvinist? (1 Viewer)

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
I was in an Adidas store in Myeongdong and I was talking to one of my high school friends in English. The shopkeeper asked her if I could speak English and then I told him no. He then said that considering I was in Korea, I should be speaking Korean. Fair play though, I accept what he said and he wasn't rude about it.

I suppose it would be tougher for the parents though to justify why their child doesn't speak Korean. Surely people would be thinking why your parents didn't make sure you could speak Korean?
But people in Myeongdong are much more acceptable towards foreigners, because that it's like the hub for foreigners to shop (particularly Japanese, Chinese and English Speaking people), so I hear people are much more tolerant of people speaking English and whatever language that is not Korean. But yeah, I understand what you mean also, I have been in the same situation and it sucks >.<! Except my part was the people were very harsh/rude and they said it explicitly to me.

I've never experienced the second part personally though, I picked up Korean when I was very young so I can speak it quite fluently although not perfectly and even my sisters speak quite fluent.

krnofdrg

HSC
Uni Grad
You should see young coupes around my age speaking on Kakao talk, it's sooooo humorous.

krnofdrg

HSC
Uni Grad
And can make kimchi from scratch.
Kimchi is so hard to make though from scratch, better off buying the $5 or $10 packet from the Korean grocery (Tastess awesome also!). Well explains why so many girls don't make Kimchi anymore lool.

That reminds me soo many types of Kimchi also lool.

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
you will never get gf just by being really good at video games ;_;

krnofdrg

HSC
Uni Grad
you will never get gf just by being really good at video games ;_;
But it's Starcraft! Not video game! Korean logic it is E sports!!! Hahahahah

He's good at making money also haha that would attract the Korean females. I think during his peak he was earning 1 Million USD per year or maybe a few hundred thousands. There is a good saying Korean women in their 20's would go crazy over a man who earns around '1 억' or around $100,000 AUD per year, well under Korean living standards that would be way heaps anyway :)

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
But it's Starcraft! Not video game! Korean logic it is E sports!!! Hahahahah

He's good at making money also haha that would attract the Korean females. I think during his peak he was earning 1 Million USD per year or maybe a few hundred thousands. There is a good saying Korean women in their 20's would go crazy over a man who earns around '1 억' or around $100,000 AUD per year, well under Korean living standards that would be way heaps anyway :)
Don't they have an e-Sports channel on Free-to-Air TV? I can't remember from that last time I was over there.

krnofdrg

HSC
Uni Grad
Don't they have an e-Sports channel on Free-to-Air TV? I can't remember from that last time I was over there.
Nah man, E-Sports Channels are Ongamenet and MBC Games which are only available on cable T.V. Not sure what they steam nowadays (Probably Sudden Attack and Dungeon Fighter) on those channels, since Blizzard took the rights away from both channels and distributed it to GOM TV. But Cable T.v is so ridiculously cheap, it comes complimentary in a package with internet and home phone services.

krnofdrg

HSC
Uni Grad
Korean girls sure love the money.
First thing Korean girls do.

1.*Checks if height is 180cm*

2.*Checks clothing and fashion*

3. *Estimates if the person is wealthy or not*

4. Asks what university did he graduate from or what occupation you have (They cross fingers and wish someone is from the SKY League- Seoul National, Korea and Yonsei).

There was a very interesting show program while back ago, which hosted a little research on how much girls these two guys could pick up using their cars. One guy was driving a hatchback (Daewoo or Hyundai) and the other was driving a luxury Range rover sports. Daewoo guy was tall and very appealing (Well according to the show) and Range rover dude was short and not very appealing. Surprisingly, the guy on the Ranger Rover was able to pick up way more numbers lool and girls went crazy over him haha.

Last edited:

DavDav

Where is the Love?
HSC
Uni Grad
First thing Korean girls do.

1.*Checks if height is 180cm*

2.*Checks clothing and fashion*

3. *Estimates if the person is wealthy or not*

4. Asks what university did he graduate from or what occupation you have (They cross fingers and wish someone is from the SKY League- Seoul National, Korea and Yonsei).

There was a very interesting show program while back ago, which hosted a little research on how much girls these two guys could pick up using their cars. One guy was driving a hatchback (Daewoo or Hyundai) and the other was driving a luxury Range rover sports. Daewoo guy was tall and very appealing (Well according to the show) and Range rover dude was short and not very appealing. Surprisingly, the guy on the Ranger Rover was able to pick up way more numbers lool and girls went crazy over him haha.
I think you mean this one ...

I find it amazing and somewhat of a culture shock when in Korea when I see men on the street 'hunting' women and just approaching strangers and asking for their numbers. If that happened in Australia some might report it as sexual harassment. I heard from some friends in Korea that they keep spare 'fake' numbers sometimes so if a real sleezebag comes by or someone they're not interested in they just give the person that number to ward him off LOL.

That list you made is pretty accurate and somewhat scary in that it shows how materialistic and shallow people can be.

I'd also like to put in that Korean girls are a sucker for those who went overseas and studied or lived/was born abroad. The 'I can help you with English practice/studies' card is an absolute winner especially if that person is a student studying in high school or university hahaha ;)

Mentality being that those from abroad had a better education and are more open-minded when it comes to relationships i.e. Western ideals to romance as seen in movies or tv dramas :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)