Are checkouts that bad? (1 Viewer)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
u should have chucked ur register at her head and then strangled her with the customer service phone cord.

at least you'll always remember your last day there. :p

rumour

HSC
MissMacbeth said:
Yes, it's easy but if you wanna drive yourself to insanity due to your brain working overtime trying to stimulate itself...then go right ahead.
You think that is bad.....trying doing overtime in a factory :uhhuh:!!!!

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
Argonaut said:
There was one woman we had a while ago who lives to complain. Every week something else is wrong, like the time she brought back a tray of mince four times because it was "off" (but we checked with the head of Meat, she said there was nothing wrong with it).

This week (and my last shift) it was her heavy-duty mop. She claims it snaps first time out of the box and she wants a refund - but she doesn't have a docket. As the supervisor is off on her break, I got put in charge even though I'm not supposed to be. I explain that I can't give a refund on the mop unless she has a docket, but I can give here a replacement. But no, she wants a refund.

When I explained that she needed proof of purchase, she startes waving the broken mop around saying that it is her proof of purchase and demands get a refund. When I told her I couldn't do it because we needed proof of it AGAIN, she starts going on about how I'm deliberately unhelpful and how she has four kids to feed, etc. and demands to see the manager. Now at nine o'clock, he's gone home, so I can't do that. She wants to see the head supervisor, but she isn't around either and the PA is down so I can't page her either.

Now, I'm trying to juggle not only her problems, but two new staff members on their first shifts, when one of them stuffs up. So I excuse myself and go over to see what's up and manage to fix that problem, when this woman comes over, points to broken mop at me like a sword and starts harping on about something else. Now, as I'm distracted trying to egt the newbies back on track, she thinks I'm not paying attention and starts trying to hit me with the broken, pointed end.

So we go from bad to worse. I'm trying to sort out the two new cashiers while fending off this woman who seems to be trying to skewer me with this mop and I'm totally cut off from the rest of the world - the Meat and Prodcue guys have gone home, Liquor has shut down, and it'll be another hour before anyone from Grocery shows up. The two cashiers aren't any help, they're now scared shitless and haven't even heard my instructions to go into Customer Service and call Centre Security. Normally, I'd do it myself, but as it's all closed off, I can't get to the phone, or at least get away from this woman long enough to get in.

Now, I've been a cashier for 2 1/2 to 3 years, and I've never had something like this before, so I ask myself, what do I do now? The answer is smiple: call security myself. But if I can't get to the phone via the door because it's closed and this woman's swinging a broken mop at me, how the hell do it get in?

The answer is simple: don't use the door. Instead, I have to dive over the Customer Service register (which is about waist-height) in order to get in. I managed to land and roll without hurting myself and call Security, telling them I've got a woman trying to attack me. Naturally they'll send someone right over.

But apparently, it's not my day. One of the junior workers decides to make matters worse, and laughs at psycho-bitch-with-mop, who, in turn, takes offence to being laughed at, and so turns on them. The only thing I can do is go back out. Talk about out of the frying pan and into the fire ...

So I head back out and mange to cut off the woman before she gets to them and block her way, ducking and weaving, trying very hard not to get hit, while at the same time stop her from getting the cashiers. However, my constant evasive manoeveures upset the woman, and she attacks even harder. Not good. I make up my mind and decide that this can't go on too much longer and do somehtign else stupid: I decide to disarm her. I still don't know how I did it, but I managed to catch the mop in mid-swing, catching the woman off-guard. Fortunately, Security showed up just then. After checking her bag, they find something she's tried to steal and so take her by the arms and lead her away. Of course, she wasn't going to go quietly, and tries to fight them off before running away, but Security caught up to her and she got taken to the Police Station.

Later, I noticed another mop which had been returned because parts were missing and asked if I could try something. I put it on the ground and nothing happened. After twenty minutes of trying, nothing happens. The mop was never damaged to begin with.

I was so glad that was my last shift.
oh my....

hoorah for me not being on registers anymore... well except for next saturday where i do a 10 hour shift on the darn things.

_Bushra_

wtf?!
Hoping to befriend somebody nice at club MQ *freak
HSC
Oh you poor thing! :( i would have died! Thank god i have moved departmnest so now i am in layby and i like being in there, the only problem being that in the computer thingo i use half can only be accessed by managers and half by normal users and i get confused...argh!

Anyhoo, today i was in there and this lady doesnt approach me (she was standing pretty far way) so i presume that she is waiting for her sister who had left her a while ago, another customer comes up and i start doing her layby and this one yells at em saying shit customer servive etc and im like wtf? You didnt even make it apparent you needed help biatch!...fuck i hate customers!!!!

_Bushra_

wtf?!
HSC
rumour said:
It is so easy!!!!!
Yeah it might be easy when you get the jist of it, but it's repititave, monotonous, boring and you get the worst customers in the world. You are also regarded as the lowest of the low as costomers think they can push you around etc etc I thinm everyone here will agree with me on that! :D

thank god i have moved to layby and only deal with about a customer per hour!!!

_Bushra_

wtf?!
HSC
Benovista said:
wow my threads still going! Woo

Well i just got an sms and email inviting me to a group interview at Target. Im not so sure i want to go to it cos im not sure if its worth the extra travelling time, will take about 30 mins to get there from my house.
You need experience my freind and even though it pretty far only work for a few months leave on your own terms and ask for a refernece! you will have experience and a great referee to put on your CV so you can apply for a job nearer to your joint! :D

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
does anyone else hate getting deaf customers who just utter random sounds expecting you to know exactly what they want and then they get pissed off when you can't understand them?
fuckwits.

_Bushra_

wtf?!
HSC
MissMacbeth said:
that reminds me of rotation:

Does anyone actually get rotated at all?? I mean, the right protocol in our store is for e.g on a 8-10hr shift, we have to swap sides - so half the shift with your right arm to the conveyor belt, then the other half of the shift with your left arm etc...plus as a full day shift, you should be given some odd jobs like stock return, or basket run etc......and this is what annoys me, we never ever do that! It's seriously 'favourites' so when I have a huge shift, I expect either one of my arms to be screwed that night from repetitiveness and not being side swapped, and I always expect that if someone has a three hour shift, they do odd jobs, and if I have a three hour shift, I sit like a gravestone in my checkout.

In the beginning we used to to that, and I'd end up having a great day b/c my mind wasn't bored....but I don't understand what's happened, b/c now everyone wants to leave (and has) and there's this huge wave of ppl who are sick and tired of checkouts.....not like before.
At our store (BIGW) there are only a few ppl that get rotated and that cus they are really old employees (worked there for about 3 years) and they were able to get trained everywhere (lucky pppl!) The newbies we have now are stuck in their areas unless someone gets fired and they ask to get moved into their position...(this happens rarely)

I was working at the registers for 18months and only about a weeks ago they actually finally moved me to layby cus one guy got fired there. IM SO FUCKING GLAD!

Miss Macbeth, honey, i totally agree with you! I wanted to cry when i used to look up and see this HUGE queue and i knew that other ppl were bludging and i had to serve...IM SO GLAD I DONT HAVE TO DO THAT ANYMORE!!!

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
yeah i know but they dont have to get pissed off! like this one customer today got heaps pissed off @ me, for like no reason watsoever

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
_Bushra_ said:
Well were you being rude to her? like sighing really loudly, banging you hand down on the counter in frustration and spitting at her?
nup! .

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
_Bushra_ said:
Oh okay maybe she was just a bitch of a custiomer than! Hey i got moved to layby!!! Its so much nicer there!!!
yeah she was! i am always patient with ppl like that!
lol layby i imaine would be really boring tho? is there anyone else there 4 u 2 talk 2?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)