• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Are checkouts that bad? (1 Viewer)

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
Tenille thats a nice christian name? it is news to me.

hahaha i know what music your parents listen to

hahahah so wheres the captain?

All the people who say these think they are the most original in the world, but there not right i just have a really boring last name. hahahah this guy has said the bottom one twice both times were totally original!

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
yeh, sum lady asked for $400 today, at like 8:30am...i was lucky i had it, the supermarket decided to send her over (liquor also has heaps of 50's, people always pay with them)

what i hate in my place is in liquor there's 2 registers on like a long table, so next to it, and when i'm the only one on, seriously 50% of people put their grog in front of the OTHER register...like, wtf.

even more annoying is when people put their card in the EFTPOS machine on the OTHER register, BEFORE i have even scanned items in :S

and finally, at the end of the shift, when i'm obviously counting money people stand there expecting to be served...i've taken to putting a carton of beer in front of me, as a sign to people that I CANT SERVE YOU WHEN I'M COUNTING MONEY

kirabolton

HSC
customer tries to put their card into the eftpos machine before i've even finished scanning all their bloody items.
me: um...it's not ready yet
them: but it's says ready
me: you're items haven't been scanned yet
them: BUT it says ready
me: fuck off

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
Keep it up guys, this is really cathartic. Reading these is the perfect way to unwind after a long day on a woolies checkout :p

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
yeah i like reading this..knwoing im not the only one
this mornign i canceleld work..coz i was"sick"..
really i couldnt be arsed going to work
so i rang in at 10am to cancel a shift that starts at 2
the superviser sed yeah thats o.k
so at 2.30 my other supervisor rings me and sez ur supposed to have a shift
i sed i cancelled b4
hes like..oh shit..o.k
i felt a little bit bad..but then reading all this bullshit im glad i didnt go
plus i get sick pay.."yay"

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
heh heh i didnt give work my new mobile number :D im so naughty....

i hate wen ur scanning items and the customer puts their head RIGHT in front of the screen to see if it scans at the right price... meanwhile im trying to scan and theres this fat lady leaning RIGHT OVER the checkout to check if its right.... ARGH that pisses me off.. 'GET OUT OF MY PERSONAL SPACE WOULD YA?!?!?!'

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
lol..yes i always feel invaded
like when im scanning..they lean over
or if im looking on my wheely thing for a code
they lean over to find it
then they say..its $2.98 a kilo
im like..yeah i need a code not a price
argh..and what shits me the most
is when they look at how ive packed the bags and "fix" it..while im watching
i think to myself..id like to see half of my customers do my job
i dont think they could..

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
Katie123 said:
ooooo i hate that. We are only supposed to keep $300 in 50s in our draw after pickup. And usually people have to wait while i do it. Then when they go to pay they say i want $800 or something. have to save it . wait for a super and hold up the line.

my most annoying moment ever was when i was on express. we dont usually have anyone on smoke shop so we have to do both if your on that register. anyway i was serving someone with groceries. i finish. just barely and didnt se ethe guy behind me. to get my attention he didnt say hello or anything . stupid sexist male whistled at me. like you would a dog. I gave him the biggest dirty ever. couldnt tell him off cos the service manager was on the next reg. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!RESPECT!?
i didnt say it was my worst, just most annoying or irritating and as i recall i hadnt had my break yet and the supervisors were taking their time giving it to me. as if you want to give the time of day to anyone who thinks they can treat you like a dog

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
soha said:
or if im looking on my wheely thing for a code
they lean over to find it
then they say..its $2.98 a kilo
im like..yeah i need a code not a price
yeah that pisses me off too... and then they get stroppy wen u have to call customer service for a keycode... damn losers...

ugh.. that reminds me.. i have to work tomorrow night -groans-

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
schizo moment- the stress of waiting for offers i guess
meant to quote Breaking

lol at my self

_Bushra_

wtf?!
Hoping to befriend somebody nice at club MQ *freak
HSC
anyhoo everyone will be glad to know that i have been speaking to one of my managers and he was like "i am dfeinately going to do something about your deterioration at the registers, bushra" so YAY i might be moved

i dont think i am physically able to handle all teh shit that comes with serving at the checkouts anymore. the complaints, the "hellos", the shit managers and supervisors etcetc

lets all pray that i get moved. how screamingly exciting

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
if u think all our stories r bad, consider this, @ woolies today we had a party for somebody who was celebrating their FORTIETH year as an employee....grrr, when the boss was buying stuff for him, he felt the need to SCAN THE ITEMS HIMSELF from the other side of the counter, even tho I WAS SERVING

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
blah i read these then it happens, then i remember reading them, and i get even more annoyed, i hope you are all happy

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
oh and we are getting new registers too, and they are too quite i don't like them, i want my old noisy one back i knew when i scanned something then

biggles04

Banned
HSC
N/A
_muse_ said:
yeah that pisses me off too... and then they get stroppy wen u have to call customer service for a keycode... damn losers...

ugh.. that reminds me.. i have to work tomorrow night -groans-
I so agree but I am usually ruder.

Me: (over PA) Price Enquiry register nine please Matt.
Customer: It's 2.49
Me: That's nice lady but that doesn't help me any more than my car keys opening my house's front door.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)