• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Are checkouts that bad? (2 Viewers)

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
well..i have nothing at wooleis to look forward to
like new customers..they can fuck off
but a new computer device that i get to play with..
oh the joys

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
lol our touchscreen computers are just windows xp running some POS program. so when we're not busy we play solitaire or create masterpieces in paint :)

biggles04

Banned
HSC
N/A
BreaKing said:
lol our touchscreen computers are just windows xp running some POS program. so when we're not busy we play solitaire or create masterpieces in paint :)
lol, fun!

I've once been able to get the taskbar to pop up, but it took some tough finger movements!

It disappeared before I had the chance to go into the start menu :(

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
biggles04 said:
lol, fun!

I've once been able to get the taskbar to pop up, but it took some tough finger movements!

It disappeared before I had the chance to go into the start menu :(
yeah ours is hidden.... u just press near the bottom of the screen and you have full windows XP access :)

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
it would be cool if we were connected to the net and like could sign in and chat to ppl and communicate with other chekout operaters
or send a message to the supervisor saying.
"replacement to register 6 on blah blah"
id probably be on bos..complaining about work while im there

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
soha said:
it would be cool if we were connected to the net and like could sign in and chat to ppl and communicate with other chekout operaters
or send a message to the supervisor saying.
"replacement to register 6 on blah blah"
id probably be on bos..complaining about work while im there
haha...... we have MSN on ours...... tried signing in (entered my email addy and password using the on screen keyboard thats somewhere in teh start menu) but it didnt work :( i dont think the registers are connected to the net :(
but yeah sending msgs to other ppl on the registers would be heaps kool....... i know they can do it from the office computers...... lol on friday night the managers always used to play funnybuggers with us and send us stupid messages :D ahh fun fun

MissMacbeth

Mrs. Brandon Bruce Lee
HSC
Damn that would be cool! I hope we get touch screens now....even though I doubt it.

I think I've come to the point with customers that I don't care. Its this level of voyerism that when they say something cliched or they insult me.....it's like.....yep....LOL it's like a valium trip or something. Anyone relate? it works wonders when you have an 8hr shift, though, even tho's I used to dread, but now I am like......yep...ok, whatever....with them.

LOL I am miss emotionless checkout operator!!

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
nup..... like 10 mins or something.....
u know where parklea markets is? well quakers is near parklea markets

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
All these annoying customer stories are gold...U can always tell which customers have obviously never worked in customer service before, and which ones have...cos those that have are sympathetic towards u and are therefore nicer. I have worked 2 years in customer service, and now whenever I go to buy something, I'm always nice to the person serving, because I know how good it is when you get a nice customer who is appreciative. Last night I went to get dinner from Maccas, I had to wait a few mins on 2 lean beef burgers, they seemed to have a shortage of food, but I just sat there patiently waiting, meanwhile this stupid fat bitch got the shits cos she had to wait for her food, she had a go at a guy who was serving, then got the manager and had a go at her. FFS, god forbid she had to wait 5 mins for a burger!! Stupid bitch

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
dont let this thread stop you ..
its not that bad..i would reccomend it
its o.k..and if it was seriously that bad..i wouldnt have stayed for 3 years

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)