• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Are checkouts that bad? (2 Viewers)

biggles04

Banned
HSC
N/A
_muse_ said:
awww man i was sooooo bored at work today.. it was only 5 hours but man it was slow.. i stacked smokes in the courtesy desk for 4.5 of it :) yay for the removal of smoke laws for under 18's
:confused:
There never has been an age restriction for cigarette sales...

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
biggles04 said:
:confused:
There never has been an age restriction for cigarette sales...
There has at my store.. u had to be over 18 to sell, touch or buy cigarettes... but theyve changed it now cause they're sick of us bugging the courtesy desk assistants to get the smokes for us :)

elisabeth

HSC
Komaticom said:
Je ne parle Francais tres bien.
Can't believe I still remember that hideous language.

Ending this redundant post on a point of relevance, I don't want to get a checkout job.
I can't believe I still remember that the 'ne' has to come before the verb and the 'pas' straight after to make it negative :p

This French dude came to Oporto the other day and I had to rely on my dodgy French lessons from 3yrs ago to serve him. :D He didn't come back and complain though, so I guess I got his order right.

mija

HSC
omg at work today on the express lines this woman came to me with 4 trays of lamb tongues and 2 trays of sheep brains. :eek:

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
mija said:
omg at work today on the express lines this woman came to me with 4 trays of lamb tongues and 2 trays of sheep brains. :eek:

hahah thats pretty damn foul

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
I had this lady the other day who had something that she wanted to be put through separate. I go okay no worries. My supervisor comes up behind me and goes finish this one and you can go on ur break. So anyway i was doing it and the lady put her extra item like right near the rest of the stuff. so i scanned it.
I go hang on where did it go cos i wasnt really paying minute attention to it. She goes off at me because the first lot of shopping was for her client. I go okay i will take it off so i sub next it and it comes off. No people were killed in the process. She then goes no i want it totally separate i dont want it to be paid on that receipt. i go no it wont be because i took it off already. My supervisor goes 'okay she did it its no big deal' to the customer. THEN she paid for the extra item which was a sauce of some kind costing$2.50 and paid for it with a credit card. I'm sure she wanted me to prolong my wait for my break.

Yesterday (Monday) i get a call last night from work going this is xxxxx from woolworths i am ringing to tell you that you are working tomorrow. I go uh since when it wasnt on the roster on saturday. She goes no it got changed and people werent turning up to the shifts yesterday so she thought she would tell me. It was a 9 hr shift starting at 7am. My availabilities for tuesdays are only til 1 hence me not getting a lot of shifts. Anyway i go to her my availabilities arent that long anyway and i have to go and enrol at 9am. Shes like ohkay then. It wasnt her fault teh service supervisor decided to change it or maybe someone higher up which is stupid cos we usually get our rosters late but this week they were up early and then they changed them. If they asked me to work tomorrow it would be another story i would love a public holiday. so yeah end of story i didnt go to work..... [/rant] *sigh*

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
Katie123 said:
Yesterday (Monday) i get a call last night from work going this is xxxxx from woolworths i am ringing to tell you that you are working tomorrow. I go uh since when it wasnt on the roster on saturday. She goes no it got changed and people werent turning up to the shifts yesterday so she thought she would tell me. It was a 9 hr shift starting at 7am. My availabilities for tuesdays are only til 1 hence me not getting a lot of shifts. Anyway i go to her my availabilities arent that long anyway and i have to go and enrol at 9am. Shes like ohkay then. It wasnt her fault teh service supervisor decided to change it or maybe someone higher up which is stupid cos we usually get our rosters late but this week they were up early and then they changed them. If they asked me to work tomorrow it would be another story i would love a public holiday. so yeah end of story i didnt go to work..... [/rant] *sigh*
Yeah, that happened to my sister too....

i went into work last night (they called me in) they said i was finishing at 7 but when i got there and went to check on register i was on.. the slip said i didnt finish til 730.. its only half an hour, but i would have appreciated being told

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
_muse_ said:
Yeah, that happened to my sister too....

i went into work last night (they called me in) they said i was finishing at 7 but when i got there and went to check on register i was on.. the slip said i didnt finish til 730.. its only half an hour, but i would have appreciated being told
they think that you can accomodate them into ur life when you might have made arrangements. If that happens to me it means that my lift (ususally mum) has to wait around for that extra time + the extra time to actually get off registers

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
Katie123 said:
they think that you can accomodate them into ur life when you might have made arrangements. If that happens to me it means that my lift (ususally mum) has to wait around for that extra time + the extra time to actually get off registers

Yeah i know, i got in trouble once for not coming in when i had school commitments to fufill.. stupid bums..

It takes forever to get off registers.. at work they never let me start counting me drawer until the actual time im sposed to finish, which adds on another 15 mins to my leaving time.. (which i dont get paid for) arrghhh it makes me so cranky

Jezzabelle

_muse_ said:
There has at my store.. u had to be over 18 to sell, touch or buy cigarettes... but theyve changed it now cause they're sick of us bugging the courtesy desk assistants to get the smokes for us :)
that was the most annoying thing... at my woolies you still have to be 18 to scan them, its a totally pointless rule, because in reality you still accept the tender for them, so you still are 'selling' them by all acounts of the law...

i tried to explain this to my superviser, but she still wouldnt let me scan them till i was 18... retarded.. thank goodness i am 18 now and can not only scan them but also go get them myself!

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
jezzabelle86 said:
that was the most annoying thing... at my woolies you still have to be 18 to scan them, its a totally pointless rule, because in reality you still accept the tender for them, so you still are 'selling' them by all acounts of the law...

i tried to explain this to my superviser, but she still wouldnt let me scan them till i was 18... retarded.. thank goodness i am 18 now and can not only scan them but also go get them myself!
haha yeah, i guess one to many courtesy desk associates complained about us young'uns annoying them for cigarettes... They used to get soooo pissed at me haha

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
im working today - yhey!!!!! double time and a half!!!!!111oneoneone

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
i have a 5 hour shift today
"yay"..
i need more money..i wanna ask for extra shifts
but last time a guy at my work asked for extra shifts
he got none the next week
haha
oh wellz

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)