Are checkouts that bad? (1 Viewer)

moffat

Yeah. Think about it.
HSC
i love talking about work. was gonna start on the pros of checkout...then read through some posts that reminded me that yeh alot of customers are real stingy/impatient jerks. bad memorable customers for me include this plump lady i served in summer whose face was absolutely dripping in sweat- so disgusting..there was this trickle of water sitting on her nose about to drop at any moment,her neck/arms covered in trickles of sweat! another gross customer was this guy that looked like he was about to die, his lips were blue, his face had blue veins, he was really old and when he opened his mouth to talk a pile of dribble slopped onto the floor-it was like an alien movie..but checkout in general is good.u make good friends with ur fellow employees

kaylz

HSC
yeah its fabulous if you enjoy severe back and left knee joint pain... if you like having to stand for four hours at a time, sure. i recently quit my job (of 3 months) at woolworths. best decision ever.

Snowe

Just wandering around
HSC
N/A
Its alright except some customers can be total asses and so impatient...

_Bushra_

wtf?!
Hoping to befriend somebody nice at club MQ *freak
HSC
seriously, any newbies contemplating wheather or not to work on registers i would just like to say that its a very boring, repetitive, mind numbing job. If you dont get rotated around the store you will slowly die... (i know this cus i am dying at BIGW)

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
last sunday night this lady ket ringing our store and yelling at whoever she was talking too i think we had about 8 managers on that night,7 of those were fake. Read the lable next time you stupid woman oh and she is going to sue us as well since we "overcharged" her.

funniest thing ever though.

Oh and this woman after spending about 10 minutes deciding what she was going to spend her $50 financial assistance voucher on she was still 10c short and started asking random customers for money. then she aksed for the voucher back, methinks she was planning on using it again, i think she much that screwed up the voucher into the smallest ball she could because it was that wrinkled i didnt think the machine was going to take it.

and ive just started working days more consistantly now becuase im not at school anymore and half the people there think im new and an idiot :( ive been there since august :(

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
_Bushra_ said:
seriously, any newbies contemplating wheather or not to work on registers i would just like to say that its a very boring, repetitive, mind numbing job. If you dont get rotated around the store you will slowly die... (i know this cus i am dying at BIGW)
so we still havent been rotated bushra?? hehe i have :p

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
some customers seriously need classes in anger management and how to behave nicely to workers. like when they scream at you for trivial things you have no control over, such as the price of things? hello, i dont make the prices...go yell at the manufacturers and waste their time ffs.

but i love it when a customer is giving you shit so you go "I'll get the manager" and the customer starts yelling at them too and they get a mouthful from the supervisor. ahahaha their faces are priceless...

sometimes if i got bored i would freak out the customers by putting on funny accents and stuff...one lady seriously thought i was from new york one time and started asking me all about it and i was like "uh..." so i didnt do it anymore. also when customers come in with stupid complaints like "these shoelaces are 2mm too wide!!" (not really but u get the idea) its great to be sarcastic to them.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
well something must've gone right at coles the other night cuz my bitch supervisor let me off a whole *gasp* 5 mins early

i'm looking forward to a sucky shift tomorrow as part of the coles karma

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
moffat said:
i love testing customer's patience when queues are huge...like at christmas time...you start working really really sloooow.
i used to do that.. except to an old superviser who would freak out when there was a line up of 2 people... she hated me for it :) but the look on her face and watching her nearly have a heart attack and get all flustered was so worth it

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
omg tonight my last customer was such a fucking old scrag. i didn't even have to serve her, i was abt to put my closed sign up and she hadn't started unloading or anything so i basically said 'yeah, it's ok, put it through' out of the goodness of my heart cuz to be honest i would've rather gone home.

anyway she decides to buy about 50 kilos of cat food because, you know, being such a scraggy old hobag she's all alone with only her cats for company. so i decide to line up the different brands together and put it thru as quantities cuz, you know, easier than scanning them all individually. anyway one of the brands came through as 65c/can and she starts going off saying i'm trying to rip her off and it's 55c/can. i was like, oh? i wouldn't know, i can have it checked for you but generally if it scans as one price that's how much it costs. so i call over to the service desk for help but at this same time there's some cheap bitch trying to shoplift half the store plus a line of abt 10 people for cigarettes so obviously they're busy and it's going to take a while. i tell her this and apologise and suggest that maybe she could walk over and check and if it says 55c then i'll delete them and put them thru as a category at 55c. of course your fucking highness is above making the 5m walk back to the catfood to check because "it's not my problem". YOU'RE THE ONE CHUCKING A PSYCHO BECAUSE YOU THINK I'VE OVERCHARGED YOU APPROX $1.50! i was finished by this point! i should've started my spotbalance right as you came over with your fucking trolley! so anyway carina comes over with the price scanner and checks the price. then your majesty starts going off about how i miscanned it and wasn't paying attention and she wasn't going to pay for her order because i misscanned it. for the record this is untrue. i scanned everything fine. i was paying MORE attention than usual because i didn't want any trouble cuz, you know, it was fucking time for me to go home pretty much when she came over. so then i have to take everything out of the bag, browse down the screen til i find the fucking cat food and count all the tins out for her. as she was leaving she then goes "it's not my fault you're leaving late". FUCK OFF AND DIE YOU STUPID WHORE.

i'm getting paid overtime for this but thats not the point. according to my sup shes a total fucking nightmare every time she comes in.

rrrr.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
kinda like the old hags who buy 2 trolley-fulls of wool... then come back the next day and return it... of course when she bought them i was on the register she came through......then of course the next day i was on customer service and she brought them back and i had to find a place on the tiny shelf for all her stupid wool to go back.....

whore. i hate her, she does it all the time... then she came up to me and was like 'I HOPE YOUR NOT PUTTING THOSE IN THE WRONG SPOT MY DEAR, it took my QUITE a long time to find the wool i required' in her stupid 'im more superior than the queen voice' oh im sorry u old hag, but it doesnt look like u got the 'wool you required'........bah

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
its hot our store has decided to cut back on air conditioning store is muggy something to do with water restrictions stupid farmers

Collin

HSC
N/A
glycerine said:
omg tonight my last customer was such a fucking old scrag. i didn't even have to serve her, i was abt to put my closed sign up and she hadn't started unloading or anything so i basically said 'yeah, it's ok, put it through' out of the goodness of my heart cuz to be honest i would've rather gone home.

anyway she decides to buy about 50 kilos of cat food because, you know, being such a scraggy old hobag she's all alone with only her cats for company. so i decide to line up the different brands together and put it thru as quantities cuz, you know, easier than scanning them all individually. anyway one of the brands came through as 65c/can and she starts going off saying i'm trying to rip her off and it's 55c/can. i was like, oh? i wouldn't know, i can have it checked for you but generally if it scans as one price that's how much it costs. so i call over to the service desk for help but at this same time there's some cheap bitch trying to shoplift half the store plus a line of abt 10 people for cigarettes so obviously they're busy and it's going to take a while. i tell her this and apologise and suggest that maybe she could walk over and check and if it says 55c then i'll delete them and put them thru as a category at 55c. of course your fucking highness is above making the 5m walk back to the catfood to check because "it's not my problem". YOU'RE THE ONE CHUCKING A PSYCHO BECAUSE YOU THINK I'VE OVERCHARGED YOU APPROX $1.50! i was finished by this point! i should've started my spotbalance right as you came over with your fucking trolley! so anyway carina comes over with the price scanner and checks the price. then your majesty starts going off about how i miscanned it and wasn't paying attention and she wasn't going to pay for her order because i misscanned it. for the record this is untrue. i scanned everything fine. i was paying MORE attention than usual because i didn't want any trouble cuz, you know, it was fucking time for me to go home pretty much when she came over. so then i have to take everything out of the bag, browse down the screen til i find the fucking cat food and count all the tins out for her. as she was leaving she then goes "it's not my fault you're leaving late". FUCK OFF AND DIE YOU STUPID WHORE.

i'm getting paid overtime for this but thats not the point. according to my sup shes a total fucking nightmare every time she comes in.

rrrr.
I would love to punch her in the face.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
me too.

i forgot to mention the part where i bagged all her fruit and vegetables together and she sneered and insisted i take it all out and put the fruit in one bag and the veges in one.

WHY??? seriously, wtf would make someone feel the need to seperate them? dairy i understand, meat, cold food, etc etc... i understand separating detergents etc from perishables and all that shit although when i do my own shopping i cbf. but why the fuck would you need to separate your fruit from your veges?

stupid bitch

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
they explode if you put them in the same bag. geez didnt you watch that video?

sarahxx

zapmaa
HSC
yes checkouts are really really bad! they suck anus! i was a checkout chick once then i changed departments at woolies and have never looked back or regreted it at all. checkouts become monotonous too. god yes they do! and your back gets sore and so do ur feet and u have to go really really fast when its busy and its hell boring when it is dead! work in the deli dept (if there is one) and stack shelves thats always fun esp if u work with a friend or there are cute night fillers!!! :uhhuh: :uhhuh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)