are English staff the most incompetent? they stuffed up our trial examination... (1 Viewer)

jessicalysenko

HSC
I just sat my paper two exam today, so relieved that adv english was finally finished. In a state of joy, guess what the whole grade found out? PAPER ONE HAS TO BE SAT AGAIN!? Why? Because the 'unseen' texts had been seen by some english classes before. you'd think that at a selective school (and any school for that matter) something like this wouldn't slide by IN THE TRIAL HSC!!

the issue? I owned my paper one, whilst sacrificing some of my modules paper. I wonder how those who totally stuffed up their paper one are feeling right now? pretty damn happy...

So those people who prioritised paper two over paper one on the weekend must be ecstatic, having a whole weekend after the set trial period to study for the resit of paper one. Does anyone agree with me that this is really unfair, and that BOTH exams should be sat again? I know its a pain, but with the english staff's logic, why don't we just redo section ONE of paper ONE? completely defeating the purpose by making us do only half of the overall assessment again...

aaah! does anyone agree with me?

I swear, I am ready to explode!! seriously!!

p.s. I hope this doesn't happen to anyone else, and good luck with your trials! stress is enough, let alone being stressed out over the same exam TWICE! grrr...

0hNivlek

HSC
Lol for our half yearlies, before english paper 1 began the head teacher made us all rip out the unseen texts and use the new ones cause one of the other classes analysed it before hand. Lol.

jessicalysenko

HSC
Lol for our half yearlies, before english paper 1 began the head teacher made us all rip out the unseen texts and use the new ones cause one of the other classes analysed it before hand. Lol.
omg thats terrible!

well, maybe english staff do need some lessons in organisational skills...
every notification has mistakes on it too! aargh!

rach24

HSC
you should only have to do the part that the people saw because it gives people a better chance at getting a better mark for their area of study essay and that just sucks for you

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Bad luck NSG. :p [Time to go tease my friends from NSG]

To OP: Hope you do well again - good luck. :)

Edit: When is the re-trial for it? If it's in the Trial period......

Last edited:

Revacious

o-o
HSC
N/A
hahaha fortnight from now.

2 weeks to prepare a better essay!

jessicalysenko

HSC
you should only have to do the part that the people saw because it gives people a better chance at getting a better mark for their area of study essay and that just sucks for you
they can't do that for sure!! because the students who had seen the texts knew them better, they would have had longer for the essays... it depends on how people split their time personally, can't force us to do it in 40 mins, it defeats the purpose. its like making us only do paper one over again.. its like only sitting half the exam. so unfair!

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
lol that sucks!!
damn. i hope that doesn't happen to us. I would hate to do an english paper again even if i screwed it up.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
they can't do that for sure!! because the students who had seen the texts knew them better, they would have had longer for the essays... it depends on how people split their time personally, can't force us to do it in 40 mins, it defeats the purpose. its like making us only do paper one over again.. its like only sitting half the exam. so unfair!
Same could be said about splitting your effort between Paper 1 and 2.

I heard some girls were gonna boycott the second exam?

jessicalysenko

HSC
Same could be said about splitting your effort between Paper 1 and 2.

I heard some girls were gonna boycott the second exam?
If you mean Paper II, we didn't find out until after
In terms of the repeated paper, that would be soooo stupid because they will not make us redo it again. Even is the whole grade fucked around, we would get the marks that we received.

Maybe the rebels without a cause will do this? Most NSGs are a little brighter than that though, I think :S

HSC
I feel so sorry for you.
But to answer your question, yes they are the most incompetent.

mupy

HSC
lol well, now sydney boys will join you..
their 3u maths exam is going to be resit bcos their computer system got hacked & an anonymous person emailed the exam around the night before..
hope that makes you feel a bit better.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
GODDAMNIT!!
You just had to tell them didn't you. SBHS have been giving NSG crap for the past 2 weeks or so. Now we're gonna get it all back. :(

mupy

HSC
hahaha bad luck man. karma came & bit you back in the ass :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)