biology vs physics vs chemistry (1 Viewer)

HSC
biology is my favourite ;)
because i have no interest whatsoever in chem and physics.

you cant say one is 'better' than the other. its personal opinion.

zeleboy

HSC
chemistry. it's more interesting than physics. i don't do bio

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
biology is my favourite ;)
because i have no interest whatsoever in chem and physics.

you cant say one is 'better' than the other. its personal opinion.
+1

and like chemistry better, physics has too much maths in it :(

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
Biology is an easy subject to get marks out of, if you put in the work you don't reeeeeally need natural talent to do well, it's mostly memorising content. Yr 11 course isn't too fascinating but yr 12 looks great. It's probably the most humanity-ish of the sciences.

Chemistry I find less interesting, but it's rewarding and satisfying to work out things logically. It is quite challenging, but easy if you stay up to date and pay attention throughout the year..

Physics I have no idea,
I would probably hate it though, too mathsy.

Johanist

HSC
Yeah.. Bio is my fav, i guess coz its easier than chem, not sure about physics though coz i dont do it. But i guess it really depends on peoples preferences. The reason I don't like Chem as much as Bio is coz of those calcuations you gotta do. While bio is in itself a very interesting subject.

saberbladexx

HSC
Tbh based on the prelim topics, Physics was really boing except Cosmic engine.

Chem was good, i enjoy learning it.

But my favourite has to be Biology, because i find it so interesting, and i cant wait till the HSC topics, you get to learn about life around you, theres nothing better than that.

Bio>Chem>Phy

Its personal opinion, i know another person in my grade who does 3 sciences and his favourite is physics.

waller

HSC
physics is a lie there's supposed to be more maths

bio is pretty interesting, especially HSC topics I think. not too much problem solving.

chem is pretty solid, can't really find any faults.

Divinity_

HSC
Chemistry <3 ~

Physics kinda bores me =/

I don't don Bio :(

q3thefish

HSC
Bio = cut stuff.

Physics = make icecream

Chem = set stuff on fire

so ye, depends if you're emo, fat or a pyromaniac

HSC
Biology is an easy subject to get marks out of, if you put in the work you don't reeeeeally need natural talent to do well, it's mostly memorising content. Yr 11 course isn't too fascinating but yr 12 looks great. It's probably the most humanity-ish of the sciences.

Chemistry I find less interesting, but it's rewarding and satisfying to work out things logically. It is quite challenging, but easy if you stay up to date and pay attention throughout the year..

Physics I have no idea,
I would probably hate it though, too mathsy.
explains why its the only one i enjoy :uhhuh:

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
High school biology is pathetic. Don't get me wrong, Biology is a beautiful science, but the way they teach it in the prelim course is a joke. Apparently it gets "better" in year 12 but I'm taking no chances.

EDIT: I realised that this post was unjustified, so I'll try. The syllabus is almost completely content based. There is no intellectual input required, whatsoever. In an exam, you either know the answer, or you don't. In a purer science like chemistry or even purer, physics, if you sit there thinking for about 5 seconds you can come up with the answer. So if your marks depend on your intellect, avoid biology like the plague.

Last edited:
HSC
High school biology is pathetic. Don't get me wrong, Biology is a beautiful science, but the way they teach it in the prelim course is a joke. Apparently it gets "better" in year 12 but I'm taking no chances.

EDIT: I realised that this post was unjustified, so I'll try. The syllabus is almost completely content based. There is no intellectual input required, whatsoever. In an exam, you either know the answer, or you don't. In a purer science like chemistry or even purer, physics, if you sit there thinking for about 5 seconds you can come up with the answer. So if your marks depend on your intellect, avoid biology like the plague.
the bold - this is very true.

and if you think its completely "content based" then your assessments must have been easy.
alot of people think its only a whole stack of memorisation and you'll be fine. whilst this is true, there is only so much you can score with pure memorisation. if you cant apply your knowledge to different situations etc, then theres no point in just 'memorising' the information because its not going to get you very far.

duckcowhybrid

HSC

Or you can be a Humanities geek like me and make up shit and make it sound credible and you get 10/10. Chemistry is pretty funny shit though. It'd be my favourite out of all 3 Sciences (the only part of physics that interests me is Astronomy).

waller

HSC

umm sort of

Yeah I agree it's much more of 'you either know it or you don't' compared to physics or chemistry. However in a lot of the questions in my yearly, we were given information in the question, and had to make predictions about what would happen in the future. Or had to apply our knowledge to solve new problems - it wasn't all define this, define that.

But unfortunately high school bio is still a bit of a joke :cry:

raniaaa

:)
HSC
physics physics physics physics physics physics physics physics :D

hollaholla

HSC
its funny...in year 11 my fav was bio and i didnt like chem and physics too much ...in year 12 i started liking chemistry ..and started hating bio and physics..and now...i LOVE physics it is amazing ..bio is awsm too and chem is also awsm.

Physics=Chemistry=Biology

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)