Cheating tips on BoS (1 Viewer)

spammy679

MLIA
HSC
Boredofstudies is in the news again :D

HSC exam cheats call on hi-tech help | National News | News.com.au

SCHOOL students are swapping tips on the internet on how to cheat in the HSC by smuggling in notes on phones and MP3 players.
Postings on popular student study sites, including Bored of Studies, discuss how new technology can be used to access notes in HSC exams.
One student wrote it was "unbelievably easy to cheat in the HSC. Just write notes on your phone and go to the bathroom and pretend to poo. bam 100 uai". Allegations of cheating have already rocked this year's exams, with one female student from Tumbarumba High School accused of smuggling notes into her English Modules exam last week.
The Year 12 student told users on the Bored of Studies website that she found a blank piece of paper in her pencil case and decided to write notes on it.
"I was about to start my exam when (an) examiner took (my notes) off me.
The examiners collaborated and decided not to give them back and they've accused me of cheating," she wrote, adding she was now awaiting a ruling by the Board.

Last year 39 students were found guilty of cheating in the HSC - 28 caught plagiarising and 11 others penalised for taking unauthorised notes into exams. Students caught cheating are awarded zero or partial marks, and in extreme cases can even have their HSC cancelled.
Storing notes on iPods and sending text messages from mobiles in toilet breaks are among suggestions from current and former students. One user wrote: "Bob cheats by keeping notes in his pencil case. He also cheats by sharing calculators. He goes to the toilet during test time and calls his friend on his (mobile) and asks for the answer."
The NSW Board of Studies conceded a number of HSC students had been caught trying to smuggle electronic devices into exam rooms.
But Board spokeswoman Rebecca Lloyd said traditional cheating methods were still the most common.
"While the technology is there, it's not proving as useful to them as you might think," she said.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Yay, we're back in the news! :D hahah...

Cheating is for losers. I couldn't care if people bother to cheat - they're not helping themselves in anyway but artifical means.

iMiraj

HSC
lol. I dont know how these people can cheat :S
The mental anguish I get from the thought of cheating is bad enough XD

I walk into an exam hall prepared, with my iphone on, fully charged, and 500 MB of data. By the end of the exam, the fone hasnt even been touched.. yet

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC
I've never seen a thread about cheating in the HSC :S

raniaaa

:)
HSC
our supervisors stand outside the toilet =.=

addicts

Officially Insane
HSC
"Just write notes on your phone and go to the bathroom and pretend to poo. bam 100 uai"

oh the ignorance.

sirpoopalot7

HSC
Bit of a waste of precious time. I highly doubt you'd remember much in trying to memorise notes for a question in 2-3mins.

Fluorescent

Banned
HSC
If someone started that kind of thread the majority of members would probably be like
"why bother cheating?"
Stupid one-sided news

imalda

HSC
Bahaha, probably couldn't find anything else to "report" about XD
my sentiments exactly XDDDD and the fact they quote "bam 100 UAI" just says everything. we have the ATAR for gods sake. stupidest shit EVER but at least it had me LOLing for a bit :rofl:

spammy679

MLIA
HSC
lol stupid telegraph
i read it thinking i was missing something
then came back here and found the year old thread lol

probably had some Board of Studies representative bribe them or something

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Yes, we should go to the toilet and read over notes that we may or may not remember when we go back into the exam room, not to mention the huge waste of time it is travelling to and from.

Notes might give you the formula or key to the answer, but it won't give you the answer. That, you have to work out.

danal353

HSC
wouldn't going to the bathroom waste precious writing time? esp english

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)