Do you lose marks for having 2 related texts? (1 Viewer)

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Re: Called up Board of Studies regarding 2 related texts

Uhh, you do realise that about 1/3 of the marking centre's time each year is spent going through student responses and then making marking guidelines right? So they'd have the 'briefing' regardless of how students misread the question.

Also do note that the outcome of adopting marking guidelines in the past has been to as such to only mark the number of related texts as specified by the question. I don't think it's going to be any different this year, going by some reputable sources.
Yes, I know. I'm trying to satisfy the idiot that I was replying to.

@oh-em-gee: Type < br > (without the spaces) for a line break.

4theHSC

HSC

People who did 2 essays:

You guys are complete douche-bags and deserve a zero 4 making such stupid mistakes as not reading the question which said clearly on white paper with black ink: One text. Making this mistake in the hsc is like cutting the red wire on a bomb when you were supposed to cut the blue wire... So u deserve to die!

What the hell were you thinking?

And... Its that minority of idiots that began this whole issue up and is making the MAJORITY OF US SMART PEOPLE to worry...

This is the most ridiculous thing i'm reading... The whole possibility that you idiots might not lose marks is raising my blood pressure above the sealing... Im fuckin furious.
Your such an arragont fuck arn't you? Just die.. and Sickman, sometimes when its your first HSC exam and its always been two, people ignore the rest of the stuff and get on with the question... some thought of it as at least... NOW ALL OF YOU SHUT UP AND LET THIS MATTER BE TO THE BOS, THEY WILL NOT DISADVANTAGE ANYONE.

jimmyegas

HSC
writing two related texts was silly.
so happy that i wrote about one. yay

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A

the paper said &quot;ONE&quot;, it did not say &quot;at least ONE&quot;

therefore i think anyone who referred to more than ONE related text should be penalised.
I wrote about one related, and I reckon that kids that do two related shouldn't lose marks. The main arguments for penalising kids with two relateds are that they produced regurgitated essays. How do you distinguish between them, and those who saw that it asked for one related text, but still decided to do two?

NCB619

I Am The Chorus
HSC
Re: English Paper 1 - ONE Related Text dawgs!

Wow...I fail to see the funniness in that...like..not on the topic, but..just the overall joke..

Captain A

HSC
N/A

Wow...I fail to see the funniness in that...like..not on the topic, but..just the overall joke..
who told you it was meant to be funny?
you been hearing voices in your head again?

4theHSC

HSC

LOL are you being serious? Wasn't that the whole reason why you posted this?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A

Fail. Why'd you create this thread then?

HSC

the paper said &quot;ONE&quot;, it did not say &quot;at least ONE&quot;

therefore i think anyone who referred to more than ONE related text should be penalised.

proof that the paper said &quot;ONE&quot; can be seen here: Facebook | I'm not retarded and only wrote about ONE related text for belonging

you need to be logged into facebook though.

a photo of Section I being set on fire can also be seen at the above link. no joke.

edit:

i agree with you!!! and also was talking to one of our english teachers and they agreed (Y)

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC

Nothing new. It's not the first time ONE ort has been asked for.

tonyharrison

HSC
Stupid Physics
According to my Physics teacher (actually this probably isn't true 'cause she's such an idiot), even if you get everything required in the answer, if you add something at the end that isn't right, they deduct a mark.
Yeah that's the same with my physics teacher. He's always like WRITE IN DOTPOINTS.

xBecx

HSC

It specified one so therefore only one should get marked. simple as that. Your second text is irrelevant and should be treated as such. I'm sorry, but if you still can't read a question after 13 years of schooling then quite simply, you're an idiot. It asks for one, you write about one. The end.

Miss-Narn

HSC

To be totally honest i had read the question and adapted my quotes that i could remember to it. I saw it said one... unfortunately i could see a MAJOR flaw in my argument so i added a 2 paragraph link to a 2nd related just to try and tie in a response (if im making sense) If i hadnt had added it my essay would have fallen short... not to mention i finished section 1 5 minutes early so i had 5 mins to spare. And to all those people (sickman) calling us idiots for doing it.. alot of people i know did it because their argument wasnt strong enough. i did 1 related for 4 pages and wrote 2 tiny paragraphs on a second (9 pages in total- 5 on prescribed) so i really dont care because if they take my first 1 they can... but in both my intro and conclusion my 2nd related is not mentioned.

C-BAS

HSC
Re: sharing the joy....

Straight to hell you go, Skrzynecki.

P.S. +1 for "I'm not retarded and only wrote about ONE related text", best group! hehehe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)