Do you see yourself marrying outside your race? (1 Viewer)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Minai said:
For me...the chances of me marrying my own race are slim to none, as I don't really know any half Filipino/Iranian girls...either way, when my gf and I marry, we'll have half Chinese, quarter Filipino and quarter Iranian babies!
For $50/h ill be whatever you want darling ;)

Enoch

ur a closet enoch-sexual!
HSC
ariande said:
I am Australian [going back far enough I'm Irish] and I've been with [chronologically] an Australian, a guy who was a mixture of French, German and Dutch, a Lebanese guy [who had the complete Lebanese family... constantly feeding me] and I'm now with an Australian who goes back to Irish like me. I don't think it really makes a difference, the culture is different with other races but if I was happy I would not care in the slightest.

As far as attraction goes, I'm more attracted to people from my own race. Just because I am.

hmmm thats pretty much just the one race....wheres the asian and black loving?

Enoch

HSC
for me

its "black,white,portarican (how da fuk do u spell it lol), or asian, japanese, chinese or even haitian)

seriously dun matter wot race they r..

btw im sick of ppl looking for 'halfies' cos theyre 'hot' ...no . thats ONLY if theyre mixed properly...which is pretty rare...if theyre not mixed properly...they look like downers...

and mount (rafy)...y pretend u like mixed chix...wen u obviously like trailer ....hahhaha LOL (inside joke)

ariande

The Don
HSC
enoch said:
hmmm thats pretty much just the one race....wheres the asian and black loving?
o_O I just haven't gone out with someone who is Black or Asian... Not necessarily from personal choice, I haven't had the opportunity... And how is that one race? European, Lebanese and Australian. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that sounds like three... If you don't count the European being a mixture.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Euro - Australian same thing.

Anyway, I'm with Russell Peters on this one; "One day we're all gonna be beige, so why dont we just start mixing now?"

So, ladies, if you see that curry guy with a nickname related to the gambling industry - take the punt.

Frenglish_Angel

Well, my Dad is French, and my Mum is English, so I don't think it will be easy to find that combo, but I don't think I would marry a Frenglish person if I found one anyway...Besides I've been with an Australian, Italian, Macedonian, Spanish, Greek Cypriot, and Greek...so, I don't think so.

Frenglish_Angel

Possibly...but I don't really think I want one anyway. I want to marry a Greek, so I can mix French and Greek and have Freeks...hehe, jks. :)

Lhyviathan

2/cos C
HSC
Frenglish_Angel said:
Well, my Dad is French, and my Mum is English, so I don't think it will be easy to find that combo, but I don't think I would marry a Frenglish person if I found one anyway...Besides I've been with an Australian, Italian, Macedonian, Spanish, Greek Cypriot, and Greek...so, I don't think so.
Just look for seamen swimming across the English channel.

HAHAHAHA.. HA... ha... a....

*tumbleweed*

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Lainee said:
That's silly, I can't marry someone and then have them isolated from the rest of my family because they can't talk to each other. Being really close to my parents any guy I'm making such a huge part of my life is going to cross paths with them. I want them to get along well with each other, and yes my parents don't speak english well, so someone who can't speak either viet/chinese/french is going to make my family life very fragmented. (Unless they want to learn one the above languages *crosses fingers*.)

Yeah I know I'd marry because of love, but balancing my own happiness with a life-time of division between 'our' family - 'my' family is something I want to avoid. Love has exclusionary clauses dearie. :cool: I'm not going to marry someone, even if I love them, if it means isolating my parents from my life.
just a question, are you bi-lingual?

i agree to an extent but there are ways around the language barrier. It would take much commitment from both you, your partner and your parents though.

for me, my parents just hates anyone who has a penis.

doodydo

HSC
N/A
you cant really help who ur attracted to though. like seriously its not part of the criteria with me.

but one thing i have noticed, (i'm half chinese) is that i'm really interested in dating a halfie guy. there's not that many around!

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Lainee said:
That's silly, I can't marry someone and then have them isolated from the rest of my family because they can't talk to each other. Being really close to my parents any guy I'm making such a huge part of my life is going to cross paths with them. I want them to get along well with each other, and yes my parents don't speak english well, so someone who can't speak either viet/chinese/french is going to make my family life very fragmented. (Unless they want to learn one the above languages *crosses fingers*.)

Yeah I know I'd marry because of love, but balancing my own happiness with a life-time of division between 'our' family - 'my' family is something I want to avoid. Love has exclusionary clauses dearie. :cool: I'm not going to marry someone, even if I love them, if it means isolating my parents from my life.
I understand to some extent as well, but shouldn't your parents be learning english as well? If you insist the guy on taking viet/chinese/french lessons, your parents could also make an effort for your sake. I don't mean to be rude, but we live in an english speaking nation.

My mother did not speak my father's parent's language at all to begin with, and likewise my father could not speak my mother's parent's language either, but they found ways around that, and both sets of grandparents became very accepting, even though complete verbal communication was difficult.

Enoch

HSC
Minai said:
My mother did not speak my father's parent's language at all to begin with, and likewise my father could not speak my mother's parent's language either, but they found ways around that, and both sets of grandparents became very accepting, even though complete verbal communication was difficult.

err...how did ur dad pick ur mom up?...

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Lainee said:
I've never really been attracted to guys from the same nationality as me - but race, I guess I don't really mind.

I haven't thought about it much when dating. But later on when marriage is a serious possibility it's going to be hard to marry someone outside my race. Cause when he marries me, he's becoming a part of my family, so it's important he can communicate with parents and relatives.
I feel sorry for the poor guy who marries you.

You marry the person. I would think that communication (which doesnt actually have to be literally language commnication) with your extended family is of little concern.

Your above quote would scare most guys off mainly because it seems to indicate that you are the type that is concerned about what your parents or family think of the prospective male. When guys marry they marry the girl...and they hope she hasn't suffered from the little princess syndrome.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
what Lainee said isnt too uncommon amongst hindus and muslims...and in that respect its hard for a muslim and a hindu to get married...

0Jade0

HSC
Frenglish_Angel said:
Maybe my understanding of race is wrong. But Race and nationality are two different things and all those natios are caucasian.....

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
People have problems distinguishing between race, nationality and culture.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
wouldn't see why, its not hard...

race = physical

nationality = not physical, but mental etc

and culture, well, come on.

Race: A local geographic or global human population distinguished as a more or less distinct group by genetically transmitted physical characteristics.

Nationality: The status of belonging to a particular nation by origin, birth, or naturalization.

Culture: The totality of socially transmitted behavior patterns, arts, beliefs, institutions, and all other products of human work and thought.
The predominating attitudes and behavior that characterize the functioning of a group or organization.

www.dictionary.com

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
grk_styl said:
i use to always want to marry a guy who's the same nationality as me - makes it easier when it comes to the wedding, kids, and of course having the same values. i guess now i don't really think about it. i don't date to marry, i date to date.

so if i dated someone who wasn't my nationality, it wouldn't matter to me, as long as i like the guy. it would kill my parents, but fuck that. the last guy i dated who was my nationality was an arsehole.
For example. The above person is confused. They are going to marry a person who is the same nationality. When really they mean culture or race.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)