Does God exist? (6 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Enteebee said:
An ideal world? A construct of 'goodness' that could be achieved? A belief in the 'human spirit'? I think we can have such beliefs without any sort of diety for sure...
).
But you admit yourself that these things are bs!

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
KFunk said:
Wow, that cracker box shit is a terrible example of what constitutes a straw man argument. Also, statements which made me laugh:

"We deserve to die. That's what the bible teaches."

"I think that the bible is the most scientifically accurate book in the entire world."

"This is god saying 'this is dead serious and I will kill you if you get in the way of my purposes'. Praise god for being that serious about the salvation of the entire planet."
I am a little , well , for the want of a better word - worried. I just read :
"First off , you need to know that in the last days,mockers are going to have a heyday. Reducing everything to their puny level, they'll mock...."
The passage goes on much further, it talks of how people will "willfully forget" that God created the world with His word , and that it was partially destroyed by a worldwide flood, also by his word - and that by "forgetting" this, they will no longer have respect for his word and live by their own fleshly desires.

Ive seen an awful lot of scoffing and mocking on here.:confused: Ohhhhhh.
Im not sure i meant to use this guys quote , i could have used any of the " lol at the silly Christians who actually believe in creation in this day and age, where we have proved almost conclusively that blah blah" ones....

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Schroedinger said:
Could you post that in a logical sense with actual english, thanks.

EDIT: Last days are upon us? Better get married and that cock up ye if you want any earthly delights!
Couldnt you understand it Schroedinger? I even used the message bible instead of the New King James:) Sorry i dont have time to do it again for you. Maybe try reading with your eyes open.
Scoffer , :hammer: lol, sorry dude Im being a cow...
Yeah I am...going to get married that is!

Jay-Dupree

Banned
HSC
Proving Christianity

Step 1: Jesus exists

This is common knowledge. He's as real as George Washington. In fact, I believe there is more written about Jesus than Mr. Washington himself. Even the scientists who don't believe in a higher power believe that Jesus once walked the Earth. All religions admit he existed, but most believe he was merely a prophet.

Step 2: Jesus' Words

What he said is written in the bible. There are countless historical accounts of him proclaiming that he is the Son of God and no one comes to the Father except through him. At this point, you can either

A) believe he's a lunatic
B) believe he's lying
C) believe he's telling the truth

Step 3: Jesus' Death

All historical accounts have Jesus dying on the cross. He would only do this if he was a lunatic or if he was telling the truth. Thus, eliminating option B) lying

Step 4: Jesus' Resurrection

Before the resurrection everyone believed he was merely a good teacher. Peter denied knowing him three times. However, he reappeared to thousands of people including his disciples.
Many people still doubt that he resurrected. Most non-christians can believe up to step 3 but step 4 is where they fall off.

But one must think to themself. Why on earth would his disciples, (ie. Stephen and Peter) who previously did not want to even acknowledge Jesus for fear that they would be punished, all of a sudden go out into the world proclaiming Jesus is the son of man, KNOWING that they would eventually die because of it (which both surely did).

Only if they saw Jesus first hand and knew he was telling the truth. They were martyrs who were no longer ashamed of the gospel because they witnessed his resurrection.

There are martyrs in other religions, too. But they are very different from the first Judeo-Christian martyrs because of that very reason.

For all non-christians out there, where do you fail to follow?
Step 1? 2? 3? 4?

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Stevo. said:
That didn't make sense at all.
Is that the safest answer for a scoffer?? Or you did you really not make sense of it?
I was saying it says in the bible that in the last days (that is , a time that is close to the end , yeah?) there will be many many people that scoff and mock at the Word of God ( aka the BIBLE) and as a result of this, they will live by their own moral guidelines (live by their own fleshly desires).
They will find it easy to do this (scoff and mock) because they will "willfully forget" (make a point of dismissing) that God created the Earth , almost destroyed it in a world wide flood , and has said he will destroy the Earth and the wicked at the end. All this he has done and will do by his word.
I was pointing out that this prophecy in the bible appears to be being fulfilled.
(in this forum lately anyway.)

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Re: Proving Christianity

Jay-Dupree said:
Step 1: Jesus exists

This is common knowledge. He's as real as George Washington. In fact, I believe there is more written about Jesus than Mr. Washington himself. Even the scientists who don't believe in a higher power believe that Jesus once walked the Earth. All religions admit he existed, but most believe he was merely a prophet.
All religions being Christianity/Catholicism, Judaism, Islam and subsidiaries?

Step 2: Jesus' Words

What he said is written in the bible.
Prove it.

There are countless historical accounts of him proclaiming that he is the Son of God and no one comes to the Father except through him. At this point, you can either

A) believe he's a lunatic
B) believe he's lying
C) believe he's telling the truth
Prove it.

Step 3: Jesus' Death

All historical accounts have Jesus dying on the cross. He would only do this if he was a lunatic or if he was telling the truth. Thus, eliminating option B) lying
Prove it.

Step 4: Jesus' Resurrection

Before the resurrection everyone believed he was merely a good teacher. Peter denied knowing him three times. However, he reappeared to thousands of people including his disciples.
Many people still doubt that he resurrected. Most non-christians can believe up to step 3 but step 4 is where they fall off.

But one must think to themself. Why on earth would his disciples, (ie. Stephen and Peter) who previously did not want to even acknowledge Jesus for fear that they would be punished, all of a sudden go out into the world proclaiming Jesus is the son of man, KNOWING that they would eventually die because of it (which both surely did).

Only if they saw Jesus first hand and knew he was telling the truth. They were martyrs who were no longer ashamed of the gospel because they witnessed his resurrection.
Prove it.

There are martyrs in other religions, too. But they are very different from the first Judeo-Christian martyrs because of that very reason.

For all non-christians out there, where do you fail to follow?
Step 1? 2? 3? 4?

If you're trolling, then I direct my responses to those Christians who DO believe in this crap.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
*TRUE* said:
Is that the safest answer for a scoffer?? Or you did you really not make sense of it?
I was saying it says in the bible that in the last days (that is , a time that is close to the end , yeah?) there will be many many people that scoff and mock at the Word of God ( aka the BIBLE) and as a result of this, they will live by their own moral guidelines (live by their own fleshly desires).
They will find it easy to do this (scoff and mock) because they will "willfully forget" (make a point of dismissing) that God created the Earth , almost destroyed it in a world wide flood , and has said he will destroy the Earth and the wicked at the end. All this he has done and will do by his word.
I was pointing out that this prophecy in the bible appears to be being fulfilled.
How ironic.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Iron said:
But you admit yourself that these things are bs!
Beautiful bs! Any value-system is bs by the same merit, even those that lead to personal fulfilment...

*TRUE* said:
I am a little , well , for the want of a better word - worried. I just read :
"First off , you need to know that in the last days,mockers are going to have a heyday. Reducing everything to their puny level, they'll mock...."
The passage goes on much further, it talks of how people will "willfully forget" that God created the world with His word , and that it was partially destroyed by a worldwide flood, also by his word - and that by "forgetting" this, they will no longer have respect for his word and live by their own fleshly desires.
I don't particularly care what the bible says anymore than u care what the koran says...

*TRUE* said:
This wasn't even a hard prediction for the bible to make, there were plenty of 'scoffers' already when it was written.. I mean, what do you want to come of this? Do you want us to simply not criticise the bible? To give you an idea of how ridiculous your comments are, what would you think if a muslim was saying 'oh hahaha allah said in the last days the misguided christians would continue to mock the prophet muhammed' ?

*TRUE* said:
But I want you to be right... I want a God to exist, I don't want to die, I don't want my loved ones to die... I want there to be justice, I want there to be an easy truth... So how am I 'willfully forgetting' anything?

*TRUE* said:
It was fulfilled at the time of publication...

Last edited:

Jay-Dupree

Banned
HSC

Kwayera said:
Prove it.

Obviously, I can't prove it. Just like you can't prove that he didn't exist.

I'm simply trying to show that Jesus existed. God doesn't have to exist for Jesus to exist, right?

So, for curiosity sakes, looking at my argument, at what step do you disagree with my point?

Where exactly did I use an assumption?
Jesus exists. Fact. Science agrees.
Jesus' words. Fact. There are countless number of documents that all agree that He said he was the Son of God.
Jesus' death. Fact. His death was huge news back in the day.
Jesus' resurrection. Okay, I admit this part takes a leap of faith.

I would hardly say it's an argument made up of assumptions.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A

Kwayera said:

Prove it.

Prove it.

Prove it.

Prove it.

If you're trolling, then I direct my responses to those Christians who DO believe in this crap.
Proving Christianity is the silliest thing i have ever ever heard. As a Christian , my God is WAY bigger than human reason or understanding.
That is why faith is pivotal, and God has said specifically "Do not lean on your own understanding."He doesnt want us to scientifically or philosophically prove His existance and the merits of His "Way".
I know why people would want to 'prove chrisitanity' or whatever...but we cant. We are not meant to.
To prove Christianity or God is to make God our equal , and say we as people can be privy to all His knowledge and wisdom; if that were the case , i believe i would think i were a God myself.

Matt1120

Basically a History Nerd
HSC

This thread will go crazy soon. Just 2 clear it up. I am a christian but i dont really care wat ne one else believes and whats the point of forcing it on people. You just end up with crazy BOS threads.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC

Jay-Dupree said:
Obviously, I can't prove it. Just like you can't prove that he didn't exist.
And yet the title of the thread was "Proving Christianity". Mmhmm.

Where exactly did I use an assumption?
Jesus exists. Fact. Science agrees.
Uh, what science? And whether he ever existed or not as just a normal person is still under huge ongoing debate.

Jesus' words. Fact. There are countless number of documents that all agree that He said he was the Son of God.
Uh, which countless numbers of documents that WEREN'T the Bible or inspired by the same?

Jesus' death. Fact. His death was huge news back in the day.
...in the Bible.

Jesus' resurrection. Okay, I admit this part takes a leap of faith.

I would hardly say it's an argument made up of assumptions.
Well yeah, it is, because it assumes the Bible is really the only text of proof, and like giving a definition of a word, you can't really use the word itself in the definition.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Enteebee said:
Beautiful bs! Any value-system is bs by the same merit, even those that lead to personal fulfilment...

I don't particularly care what the bible says anymore than u care what the koran says...

But I want you to be right... I want a God to exist, I don't want to die, I don't want my loved ones to die... I want there to be justice, I want there to be an easy truth... So how am I 'willfully forgetting' anything?

It was fulfilled at the time of publication...
No, it was not proven at the time of publication, any more than the prophecies of Jesus' birth/death were.

You only want me to be right about God if he is a God that will fit into your own logic and reasoning. My God will never do that. He is too BIG.
I believe he created you with a wonderful capacity for logic and reasoning , but i also believe that it was only going to be beneficial when it had faith added to it.

You are willfully forgetting that God demands your faith not your reasoning.
You are willfully forgetting this:
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart , and lean not on your own understanding"

Enteebee , you will never stop picking at the flaws in my grammer , logic , reasoning....and you will always find alot of that:)
I dont know where you are going to find a God that fits your idea of what a God should be , how he should behave and how he can exist. I think the way you are going you will never find him - i am fairly confident that you will come to the conclusion that you are your own god.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Schroedinger said:
Wow I'm so scared that a god I don't believe in might start flooding things.

Fuck you are just the height of retardation.
If God exists and judges the earth with fire (Not flooding it again , he said there would never be another world wide flood) whether people believe in Him or not , they are going to be kind of dead.
So you think God would only judge the wicked that believe in Him? That would be nice for them i guess.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC

Kwayera said:

Prove it.

Prove it.

Prove it.

Prove it.

You shouldn't be posting in this thread, since you believe in 'Global Warming' ...a man made myth. :)

Matt1120

Basically a History Nerd
HSC

Hate to say I told you say but I told u so...its starting to get crazy...last bit of opinion from me then I'm going 2 stop procrastinating. Though it is stupid to try and prove every aspect of christianity...Whats wrong with faith.....everyone at some point in their life will probably ask God for help coz we need a higher source of power. Christianity is not about fact...Its faith thats all...just thought I'd add that before you all start trying to kill each other.
Neway back to Extension History:angry:

jcurry

HSC

Schroedinger said:
God's logic, as written in the Bible, every word of which is true. And we know every word is true because the Bible says that the Bible is true, and if you remember from earlier in this sentence every word of the Bible is true! Now, are you following me here, or are you some kind of mindless zealot?
with logic like that, you just converted me

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC

chicky_pie said:
You shouldn't be posting in this thread, since you believe in 'Global Warming' ...a man made myth. :)
If "global warming" was a man-made myth, then there would be no life on this planet :)

Note to self: stop biting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)