Does God exist? (2 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

XaittyO

HSC
ugh.
So he'll be sour cos of my comments. Figures. They hate it when they realise that the fabric of their existence is a sham.

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
lolol.

=D

nah i will appreciate your comments, or questions as long as they're genuine.

1. The ever useful Sandwich Paradox. Could god create a sandwich that he himself could not consume? If the answer is yes, than he isnt as all powerful as he seems, as it is suggested that god can do anything, so surely he must be able to eat this uneatable sandwich. But if the answer is a no, then surely god, being all powerful, would be able to build it?
similar to this one, can God make a square circle, and 2=2=5?

Give Me An Answer! Real answers to your tough questions about Christianity good video on it, being mutually exclusive.

and how do we know that the bible was not originally intended as a bedtime story for young children? How do we know that the original author wasnt just the first fantasy writer in recorded history? Given the farfetch'd themes portrayed in the bible, would we not assume that its fictional? Think about it, if the bible didnt exist, and you saw a man walk across water in a film, would you not know it was an effect?
are you kidding me?

have you ever read the bible?

XaittyO

HSC
I have read some of it. But s skipped to the end and it ruined it for me.

But seriously.
Do you truly believe that a man can slam a stick into the ground and make water part? The only way to do that is to hit the ground so hard that the crustal plates move and the water shifts. Then youd have to account for his super human strength.

Name_Taken

HSC

But seriously.
Do you truly believe that a man can slam a stick into the ground and make water part? The only way to do that is to hit the ground so hard that the crustal plates move and the water shifts. Then youd have to account for his super human strength.
Jesus is not a "man" in the "traditional" sense, as God is not simply a "person" (with powers).

Humans are Gods creations, made in His image, this does not mean God is simply a perfect "one of us", if you sorta get what I mean... We have aspects like Him, but we're not Him or like directly comparable to Him...

Put simply, Jesus is better than you ;D

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Yes, the Kingdom of God is already within you - as a mustard seed

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC

But seriously.
just a man?

no.

but moses, with the power of the supernatural God?

yes.

have you ever seen a miracle happen?

anything supernatural, or paranormal?
stuff that science can't explain?

XaittyO

HSC
Jesus is not a "man" in the "traditional" sense, as God is not simply a "person" (with powers).

Humans are Gods creations, made in His image, this does not mean God is simply a perfect "one of us", if you sorta get what I mean... We have aspects like Him, but we're not Him or like directly comparable to Him...

Put simply, Jesus is better than you ;D
No one is better than anyone, thats why Paganism is the true religion.

just a man?

no.

yes.

stuff that science can't explain?[/quote]
Have you ever seen a miracle take place? If so, give an example.
EVERYTHING can be explained with science. Everything else is purely a coincidence.

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC

just a man?

no.

yes.

stuff that science can't explain?[/quote]
Have you ever seen a miracle take place? If so, give an example.
EVERYTHING can be explained with science. Everything else is purely a coincidence.
someone being cured of cancer?
without chemo/other medical attention

someone else being cured of AIDS?

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
just a man?

no.

yes.

stuff that science can't explain?
No, and neither has anyone else.

[youtube]bBUc_kATGgg[/youtube]

If anyone can show me one example in the history of the world of a single
Psychic who has been able to prove under reasonable experimental conditions that they are able to read minds

And if anyone can show me one example in the history of the world of a single
Astrologer who has been able to prove under reasonable experimental conditions that they can predict future events by interpreting celestial signs

Homeopathic practitioner who has been able to prove under reasonable experimental conditions that solutions made up of infinitely tiny particles of good stuff dissolved repeatedly into relatively huge quantities of water have a consistently higher medicinal value than a similarly administered placebo

Spiritual or religious person who has been able to prove either logically or empirically the existence of a higher power that has any consciousness or interest in the human race or ability to punish or reward humans for there moral choices or that there is any reason - other than fear - to believe in any version of an afterlife

I will give you my piano
One of my legs
And my wife

XaittyO

HSC

someone being cured of cancer?
without chemo/other medical attention

someone else being cured of AIDS?
People dont get "cured" of cancer. People have cancer, and they might go into remission with or without medical treatment, but its always in the system. I had cancer once, and now im in remission but i have to go back every 3 months to be sure its not back.
AIDS isnt cured. It cant be cured. It doesnt work like that, its never been cured.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
No, and neither has anyone else.

[youtube]bBUc_kATGgg[/youtube]
My what an apt hero you have. Beyond the glorious fruits of your enlightenment! A grumby dark comedy act from a scrawny, gender-confused, drug-addled fool.

Keep laughing you snivelling hyena.

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
People dont get "cured" of cancer. People have cancer, and they might go into remission with or without medical treatment, but its always in the system. I had cancer once, and now im in remission but i have to go back every 3 months to be sure its not back.
AIDS isnt cured. It cant be cured. It doesnt work like that, its never been cured.
science can't explain it eh?

as for aids, the person was HIV positive for a long time
then the T-cells came back.

as for cancer, the cancer cells just disappeared

XaittyO

HSC
science can't explain it eh?

as for aids, the person was HIV positive for a long time
then the T-cells came back.

as for cancer, the cancer cells just disappeared
Of course it can, science explains everything.

Thats what AIDS is. HIV positive for a while then BAM, it turns into AIDS.

THATS WHAT REMISSION IS YOU WANKER, IT WILL COME BACK.

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
Of course it can, science explains everything.

Thats what AIDS is. HIV positive for a while then BAM, it turns into AIDS.

THATS WHAT REMISSION IS YOU WANKER, IT WILL COME BACK.
lolol.

you're HIV positive, then when the T levels reach a certain point, then it's classified as AIDS.

now the person had HIV positive, was going to have AIDS, but the T-cells (as the other cells) went back to what a normal person would have.

thus, she was cured of aids.

oh yes, so you've lost the argument and now you're calling me a wanker.
nice work buddy.
and it's been almost a decade now, and no, it hasn't come back.

XaittyO

HSC
lolol.

you're HIV positive, then when the T levels reach a certain point, then it's classified as AIDS.

now the person had HIV positive, was going to have AIDS, but the T-cells (as the other cells) went back to what a normal person would have.

thus, she was cured of aids.

oh yes, so you've lost the argument and now you're calling me a wanker.
nice work buddy.
and it's been almost a decade now, and no, it hasn't come back.
EXACTLY.
its calld REMISSION.
Just because its been gone for a while doesnt mean it cant come back. My dad went into remission, for nine years, nothing. Then itcame back in 09 AND KILLED HIM. WHERE'S THE MIRACLE?

XaittyO

HSC
no the miracle in remission. its not a miracle, its just a medical thing. It happens when the cells within your body that arent affected win the battle against the defect cells. But the battle continues eventually, and the illness returns.

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
no the miracle in remission. its not a miracle, its just a medical thing. It happens when the cells within your body that arent affected win the battle against the defect cells. But the battle continues eventually, and the illness returns.
the miracle of life and time
the miracle to have another 10.. 20.. thirty years to do the things you wanted to do on your would-be death bed.

spend more time with the family..
take a round the world trip
help the poor

etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)