Does God exist? (5 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

XaittyO

HSC
Actually it will. Given that we've been well beyond the clouds and found absolutely NO evidence of some sub-civilisation where dead people go.
We can prove that he doesnt exist. Simply because, well, photograph him?
Until we see him, he's about as real as a Yeti.

Name_Taken

HSC
my point is that without God, life is NOT irrelevant. Morality is NOT relative. Life IS real, life IS good and we dont need god to tell us otherwise. He's just another hypocrite dictator, who in twenty years will be about as relevant to society as The Brothers Grimm.
So whats your purpose in life? (Don't say career because you can life without a career, you don't need a career to live, its not your purpsoe. You can choose to make it a large part of your life, but its not your purpose).

(And out of interest) Where do you get your morals, your notion of what is right and wrong?

(BTW morality is relative, life is real, life is good and we do need God to help us live it the way we were intended) :)

And God is not a dicatator, He gave you the free will to do anything, even to break the rules He set out for you, and even to reject His love for you.

God is as relevant to soceity now as He was 2000 years ago.

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
oh good another 2012 militant.
And im not Atheist. Im Pagan, theres a difference.
Then i guess morality is relative. But at at least it canstill be fun, without god. Science shows he DOES NOT EXIST, its pretty much proven.
i dont know what to believe.

There are many different ways of looking at religion. Im atheist. Think about it people.
you are or you're not?

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
lol.

A miracle is a perceptible interruption of the laws of nature

from wiki.

now seeing as how someone has aids/cancer, and is about to die,
and then miraculously had another shot at life,
.. 5, 10, 20 years.
is that not a miracle?

obviously you and i have different standards..
if i was walking down a street and found a $20 note i'd think that was a lucky day..

if i went down the street, and a millionaire gave me a cheque for $10 million, then i'd think that is a miracle.
You know what would be a REAL miracle?

If an amputee's limb magically grew back! Some of the views of ms mackillop's alleged miracles that i've read on the daily telegraph include:

- there as as many inexplicable (to the medical profession) cures of disease as there are inexplicable cause of disease in the first place and to suggest that some long dead nun was solely responsible for a cure shows (again) that religion truly is the opium of the masses.

- regarding the cancer cure "miracle" attributed to praying saint-to-be mary mackillop, perhaps this is how eye of newt and toe of frog work too. What an insult to the hard-working and honest medical researchers.

- when will we get the full medical details of mary mackillop's supposed miracles from the supervising physicians and the independent opinion of these case reported subsequently from experts in these medicla fields? Or are we to be forever left with the vatican interpretation of events that may be unusual or atypical but open to natural explanation?

Last edited:

XaittyO

HSC
So whats your purpose in life? (Don't say career because you can life without a career, you don't need a career to live, its not your purpsoe. You can choose to make it a large part of your life, but its not your purpose).

(And out of interest) Where do you get your morals, your notion of what is right and wrong?

(BTW morality is relative, life is real, life is good and we do need God to help us live it the way we were intended) :)

And God is not a dicatator, He gave you the free will to do anything, even to break the rules He set out for you, and even to reject His love for you.

God is as relevant to soceity now as He was 2000 years ago.
My morals come from life lesson, hard Knocks, and a sense of common sense. That, and influence. My parents never killed a man, why should i.

Fuck this bit. Thats pathetic. we dont NEED God. If we NEEDED God, we wouldnt have the free will ur suggesting in the underlined portion.

So thats ur final line of defence? Just put a sweeping blanket over the whole thing in some half assed attempt to hold onto dying traditions?
Good choice :mad1:

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
Actually it will. Given that we've been well beyond the clouds and found absolutely NO evidence of some sub-civilisation where dead people go.
We can prove that he doesnt exist. Simply because, well, photograph him?
Until we see him, he's about as real as a Yeti.
beyond the clouds?

you seem to be under the impression that God wears a white robe, and sits among the clouds..

is satan the supreme ruler in hell, and does he have a pitchfork?

your blatant ignorance amuses me.

you present yourself as a man of science,
but you fail to realise that science operates on 'induction 'The inductive method entails searching out things in the world and drawing generalized conclusions about those things based on observation. Scientists can only draw conclusions on what they find, not on what they can't find.'

the other method being deductive..

i'll say it again.
science can't prove, or disprove the existence of God.

XaittyO

HSC
beyond the clouds?

you seem to be under the impression that God wears a white robe, and sits among the clouds..

but you fail to realise that science operates on 'induction 'The inductive method entails searching out things in the world and drawing generalized conclusions about those things based on observation. Scientists can only draw conclusions on what they find, not on what they can't find.'

i'll say it again.
Ahh but we can disprove god. Cos if there was a god, lets face it, would we be suffering? Would their be death and decay? Would an earthquake have struck Haiti and killed 100 000 people? If god loved us all he'd protect us.

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
Nor can the bible! Square one anyone??
see that's the thing,
the bible isn't a science textbook.

it doesn't say 'in the beginning.. hydrogen.. ', or 'in the beginning.. helium', it says 'in the beginning God'.
we aren't told what scientific method he used.

now what i'm arguing to this idiot, is that he thinks science actually can disprove the existence of God.

and he is wrong.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
beyond the clouds?

i'll say it again.
that's true, it can't really

I think it can falsify certain claims that various religions make. For instance the claim that the world is 6000 years old is false.

Also, the idea that humans are somehow special and in possession of a 'soul' that other species lack is, i think, falsified by the fact that we share common ancestry with other species.

XaittyO

HSC
see that's the thing,
the bible isn't a science textbook.

it doesn't say 'in the beginning.. hydrogen.. ', or 'in the beginning.. helium', it says 'in the beginning God'.
we aren't told what scientific method he used.

now what i'm arguing to this idiot, is that he thinks science actually can disprove the existence of God.

and he is wrong.
Exactly. The bible isnt a textbook. It wont give you answers and yet all you people cling to it like a rubber donut thrown from the titanic.
And another thing. Explain things like the titanic. If God loved us, would he let things like that happen?

XaittyO

HSC
that's true, it can't really

i think it can falsify certain claims that various religions make. For instance the claim that the world is 6000 years old is false.

also, the idea that humans are somehow special and in possession of a 'soul' that other species lack is, i think, falsified by the fact that we share common ancestry with other species.
+1

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
Exactly. The bible isnt a textbook. It wont give you answers and yet all you people cling to it like a rubber donut thrown from the titanic.
And another thing. Explain things like the titanic. If God loved us, would he let things like that happen?
err what?

it's not a SCIENCE TEXTBOOK.

it certainly does give me valid teachings in morals and ethics,
it certainly does give billions around the world a purpose beyond their own calling..

what you're guilty of is intellectual hypocrisy.

as for your other part,
see this is what i like, genuine questions.
not like 'oh science blah blah religion blah blah rebel!'
im sure i answered that question earlier in this thread many times.

here's an article
Tough Questions: Why do innocent people suffer?

Name_Taken

HSC
Ahh but we can disprove god. Cos if there was a god, lets face it, would we be suffering? Would their be death and decay? Would an earthquake have struck Haiti and killed 100 000 people? If god loved us all he'd protect us.
This demonstrates nothing.

God does love us. You have chosen so far to callously reject His love.

What is a creation who doesn't believe in its creator, becuase it has forsaken Him selfish pursuit of its own hedonistic lifestyle? Whats more, placing its faith in the blunt instrument that is science, desperately seeking for dindesputable "proof" from others that disproves the existence of said loving God, simply to justify its own sinful choices, and to relieve itself from all personal responsibility.

Last edited:

sinophile

HSC
N/A
Its impossible to prove that God exists within a scientific framework, and its impossible to prove that God does not exist within a religious framwork. End of disccusion

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
Its impossible to prove that God exists within a scientific framework, and its impossible to prove that God does not exist within a religious framwork. End of disccusion
exactly.
but XaittyO seems to think otherwise.
seriously though, (XaittyO) have the intellectual honesty and the intellectual integrity to realize and admit that your argument is invalid.

XaittyO

HSC
This demonstrates nothing.

God does love us. You have chosen so far to callously reject His love.

What is a creation who doesn't believe in its creator, becuase it has forsaken Him selfish pursuit of its own hedonistic lifestyle? Whats more, placing its faith in the blunt instrument that is science, desperately seeking for dindesputable "proof" from others that disproves the existence of said loving God, simply to justify its own sinful choices, and to relieve itself from all personal responsibility.
i choose not to love something i never met. Simple as that.
I also choose to say fuck you to those who believe anything that is obviously a myth, and nothing more. In reality, Zeus, and all the greek gods are more real than God, as we have ancient artifacts depicting these gods.

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
I also choose to say fuck you to those who believe anything that is obviously a myth, and nothing more. In reality, Zeus, and all the greek gods are more real than God, as we have ancient artifacts depicting these gods.
and we don't?

your ignorance offends me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)