Thats not a miracle. Thats lucky.
lol.

A miracle is a perceptible interruption of the laws of nature

from wiki.

now seeing as how someone has aids/cancer, and is about to die,
and then miraculously had another shot at life,
.. 5, 10, 20 years.
is that not a miracle?

obviously you and i have different standards..
if i was walking down a street and found a $20 note i'd think that was a lucky day..

if i went down the street, and a millionaire gave me a cheque for $10 million, then i'd think that is a miracle.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
lol.

A miracle is a perceptible interruption of the laws of nature

from wiki.

now seeing as how someone has aids/cancer, and is about to die,
and then miraculously had another shot at life,
.. 5, 10, 20 years.
is that not a miracle?

obviously you and i have different standards..
if i was walking down a street and found a $20 note i'd think that was a lucky day..

if i went down the street, and a millionaire gave me a cheque for $10 million, then i'd think that is a miracle.
ok it's a cheap shot and all but

why don't amputees ever get miracle recoveries?

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
but not a miracle caused by god.
see i'd argue it is,
because when those people were healed, they were getting prayed for.

there is many things science cannot explain.
go into the remote villages in the developing world.
you'll see plenty there under paranormal activity.

ok it's a cheap shot and all but

why don't amputees ever get miracle recoveries?
it's a good question.

lack of faith.

if i were an amputee,
and someone told me that my limbs were going to grow back like picallo from dragon ball Z, i'd think they were crazy.

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
okay it's my turn.

XaittyO, what are you living for,
and what is the evidence that suggests what you are living for is reliable and trustworthy?

BlackDragon

HSC
see i'd argue it is,
A harvard study on prayer and surgery in fact showed that prayers don't help surgery patients at all.

http://www.freethoughtpedia.com/wiki/Harvard_prayer_experiment

XaittyO

HSC
okay it's my turn.

XaittyO, what are you living for,
and what is the evidence that suggests what you are living for is reliable and trustworthy?
im living to make my family proud. What suggests that? Well for one im pretty sure my family fucking exists, being that i can touch them and what not.
But really come on mate. Proof that god exists. Upfront right now.

XaittyO

HSC
see i'd argue it is,

there is many things science cannot explain.
go into the remote villages in the developing world.
you'll see plenty there under paranormal activity.

it's a good question.

lack of faith.

if i were an amputee,
and someone told me that my limbs were going to grow back like picallo from dragon ball Z, i'd think they were crazy.
UNLESS of course you were told theyd grow back cos of god right? Thatd make it believable?

Name_Taken

HSC
A harvard study on prayer and surgery in fact showed that prayers don't help surgery patients at all.

http://www.freethoughtpedia.com/wiki/Harvard_prayer_experiment
This proves nothing. I've already explained why.

im living to make my family proud. What suggests that? Well for one im pretty sure my family fucking exists, being that i can touch them and what not.
But really come on mate. Proof that god exists. Upfront right now.
What if your family dies or they disown you (mean but, IDK it could happen)? What will you live for then? (Just out of interest).

And you can't prove your family exists, despite what you think. Simply because your eyes percieve them and your touch receptors register their existence to you, does not prove stricly speaking that they actually exist, especailly not to me who has never seen or touched your family.

However that said, I am not disputing the fact that your family does or doesn't in fact exist.

If God exists, you would not be able to prove His existence, in the same way you interpret your families existence to be true. This has also been explained.

XaittyO

HSC
This proves nothing. I've already explained why.

What if your family dies or they disown you (mean but, IDK it could happen)? What will you live for then? (Just out of interest).

And you can't prove your family exists, despite what you think. Simply because your eyes percieve them and your touch receptors register their existence to you, does not prove stricly speaking that they actually exist, especailly not to me who has never seen or touched your family.

However that said, I am not disputing the fact that your family does or doesn't in fact exist.

If God exists, you would not be able to prove His existence, in the same way you interpret your families existence to be true. This has also been explained.
Well then ill live for my career when i find one, and my own family when i make one.

LOZL,
if i dont have a family that i can see or touch... does that make me Jesus, the messiah of your religion? Hm...
While that may be so, i do happen to have legal documentation that confirms their existence (medical certificates, birth certificates, ETC.)

Name_Taken

HSC
Well then ill live for my career when i find one, and my own family when i make one.

LOZL,
if i dont have a family that i can see or touch... does that make me Jesus, the messiah of your religion? Hm...
While that may be so, i do happen to have legal documentation that confirms their existence (medical certificates, birth certificates, ETC.)
You would live for your career? Selflessly devoting your life to advance the commercial interests of others is not what I would call a great use of your time on Earth, but whatever floats your boat I guess.

Ah ok, so if a birth certificate exist and has a name on it, it is more then the required amount of proof someone (with the name that appears on the certificate) exists?

Regardless, you still havn't proven to me the existence of these birth certificates to someone who has never seen or touched them, all I have is your word that you have done both, and that in your mind they exist and I should have faith (oooh that word) that they do in fact exist and are genuine?

XaittyO

HSC
You would live for your career? Selflessly devoting your life to advance the commercial interests of others is not what I would call a great use of your time on Earth, but whatever floats your boat I guess.

Ah ok, so if a birth certificate exist and has a name on it, it is more then the required amount of proof someone (with the name that appears on the certificate) exists?

Regardless, you still havn't proven to me the existence of these birth certificates to someone who has never seen or touched them, all I have is your word that you have done both, and that in your mind they exist and I should have faith (oooh that word) that they do in fact exist and are genuine?
Well yes, given that i am not claiming that some divine being exists, just a bunch of retards i call my family. Normal people, not Demigods.

Yes, i would devote myself to my career, being that my career is what will keep my family alive when i have my own children. Im just sayin, id rather be able to tell my kids that they're covered with actual insurance and money when i die than just tell them "Now kids, daddys goin away for a while now. I wont be back at all, you're on your own from now on. HOWEVER, theres a man who lives in the sky who wears a robe and whom you (or anyone else for that matter) has ever met. Trust him, he's good people. Don't believe me? Here. Read this, its his Autobiography."
It just seems more secure.

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
lets shoot to another perspective.

ultimately if there is no God,
life is purposeless, morality is relative and death is the end.

your thoughts?

btw, do take the time to read my prior posts in this thread.

Last edited:

XaittyO

HSC
lets shoot to another perspective.

ultimately if there is no God,
life is purposeless, morality is relative and death is the end.

your thoughts?

btw, do take the time to read my prior posts in this thread.
Well tbh no, i didnt. After reading about three of your uneducated, misled posts, i kinda learnt to ignore your presence.

But really,
That was our point all along. There is no god, but that doesnt mean we cant live good lives.

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
Well tbh no, i didnt. After reading about three of your uneducated, misled posts, i kinda learnt to ignore your presence.

But really,
That was our point all along. There is no god, but that doesnt mean we cant live good lives.
bahhaha.
seriously though,
every so weeks, some almighty kidiot comes along

go and look at my prior arguments a few months back,
where there were some pretty good discussions.

here's one i've done to death..

Albert Camus, the atheistic existentialist philosopher once said ' the only question modern man must answer for himself, is why not kill myself?
if there is no God, you and i are the result of a cosmic accident.
really, it doesn't matter what you do, because morality is relative.

and i'm sure you can live a good life.
so can hindus, muslims, buddhists.. etc.
what point are you making?

Last edited:

XaittyO

HSC
my point is that without God, life is NOT irrelevant. Morality is NOT relative. Life IS real, life IS good and we dont need god to tell us otherwise. He's just another hypocrite dictator, who in twenty years will be about as relevant to society as The Brothers Grimm.

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
my point is that without God, life is NOT irrelevant. Morality is NOT relative. Life IS real, life IS good and we dont need god to tell us otherwise. He's just another hypocrite dictator, who in twenty years will be about as relevant to society as The Brothers Grimm.
no you are wrong,
if there is no God, morality is relative.
what i mean by that, is that if there is no God, there is no mind prior to the human mind that defies what is right, and what is wrong, thus, morality is relative.

you're an atheist... try and live out a life of moral relativism.. you can't.

yes life is real, life is good.
again, you're not making any real points here.

the sky is blue.. the grass is green..
what points am i making there?

and in 20 years.
hmm.
interesting.
i do believe these are the last days
and that will happen, so i don't disagree with you there.

XaittyO

HSC
no you are wrong,
if there is no God, morality is relative.
what i mean by that, is that if there is no God, there is no mind prior to the human mind that defies what is right, and what is wrong, thus, morality is relative.

you're an atheist... try and live out a life of moral relativism.. you can't.

yes life is real, life is good.
again, you're not making any real points here.

the sky is blue.. the grass is green..
what points am i making there?

and in 20 years.
hmm.
interesting.
i do believe these are the last days
and that will happen, so i don't disagree with you there.
oh good another 2012 militant.
And im not Atheist. Im Pagan, theres a difference.
Then i guess morality is relative. But at at least it canstill be fun, without god. Science shows he DOES NOT EXIST, its pretty much proven.

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
oh good another 2012 militant.
And im not Atheist. Im Pagan, theres a difference.
Then i guess morality is relative. But at at least it canstill be fun, without god. Science shows he DOES NOT EXIST, its pretty much proven.
hahhaha.

see this post shows your ignorance.

science will never be able to prove, or disprove the existence of God.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)