Does God exist? (14 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

Titburger

HSC
my post isnt the rambling of an idiot, my post shows i have plenty of talent and vision, its just that i dont give a damn.
A literal interpretation of The Old Testament shows a 5th grade understanding of God.

You didn't respond to the Hitchens quote I see...

How can you reconcile with faith? You are surrendering the only thing that distingushes you from any other animal - reason. Free will and consciousness allows you to question the world that you are placed in so why do you throw it away? How can you do that to yourself?

skyline

Proud Aurion TRD owner
HSC
N/A
A literal interpretation of The Old Testament shows a 5th grade understanding of God.

You didn't respond to the Hitchens quote I see...

How can you reconcile with faith? You are surrendering the only thing that distingushes you from any other animal - reason. Free will and consciousness allows you to question the world that you are placed in so why do you throw it away? How can you do that to yourself?

And your crybaby whiny-assed opinion would be...?

now looky here, you didn't reply to my quote, you probably didn't even realise it was taken from the bible...how sad...

i didnt throw nothing away, i can still see your point, but I still think you're full of it.

i don't surrender to nobody, especially the likes of you, if its stubborn you want to play i can do that too.

besides, the macho Law prohibits me from admitting I'm wrong.

stick to you're kahuna burgers now...until you find the right time to say something worth reading next time...might i add, intelligent.

Titburger

HSC
And your crybaby whiny-assed opinion would be...?

now looky here, you didn't reply to my quote, you probably didn't even realise it was taken from the bible...how sad...

i didnt throw nothing away, i can still see your point, but I still think you're full of it.

i don't surrender to nobody, especially the likes of you, if its stubborn you want to play i can do that too.

besides, the macho Law prohibits me from admitting I'm wrong.

stick to you're kahuna burgers now...until you find the right time to say something worth reading next time...might i add, intelligent.
fail troll is fail

skyline

Proud Aurion TRD owner
HSC
N/A
fail troll is fail

thats the best you can come up with?

you cant even stick to the topic, all you do is spam, your just another spammer...

I'd insult you, but you're not bright enough to notice.

to conclude everything i have said...

GOD DOES EXIST!

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
thats the best you can come up with?

you cant even stick to the topic, all you do is spam, your just another spammer...

I'd insult you, but you're not bright enough to notice.

to conclude everything i have said...

GOD DOES EXIST!
so you basically believe The Flintstones is a documentary?

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
thats all true, the ARI can get to extreme measures, 40 days and 40 nights is what caused the flood to happen.

sun made still? only in witchcraft they believed the earth was flat and the sun revolved around the earth...

giants.. sure, you take the term to literally as to why i said previously you are one serious deluded kid, have you heard of the estranged disorder some people have to date? its called giantism, where people are bigger then others in normal size...yes, but knowing you, you probably dont know what it is because you're head is too far up you're ass...you disappoint me kid..
I got you now you imbecile! You have just revealed to everyone your ignorance and stupidity. You so arrogantly taunt me and others about not reading the bible when you yourself are not famliar with it's verses.

Joshua 10:12-13
12Then spake Joshua to the LORD in the day when the LORD delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon; and thou, Moon, in the valley of Ajalon.
13And the sun fucking stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.

I shall further insult your intelligience, mate with:

Isaiah 11:12
12 And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the FOUR CORNERS OF THE EARTH. (KJV)

Revelation 7:1
1 And after these things I saw four angels standing on FOUR CORNERS OF THE EARTH, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree. (KJV)

Job 38:13
13 That it might take hold of the ENDS OF THE EARTH, that the wicked might be shaken out of it? (KJV)

Jeremiah 16:19
19 O LORD, my strength, and my fortress, and my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come unto thee from the ENDS OF THE EARTH, and shall say, Surely our fathers have inherited lies, vanity, and things wherein there is no profit. (KJV)

In case you didn't realise, our earth looks something like:

granted, it looks a little flat, but I can assure you sir that our earth is definitely round and has no corners. Now be a good boy and furrow your brows in a futile attempt to understand my post. I said FURROW!

Last edited:

skyline

Proud Aurion TRD owner
HSC
N/A
I got you now you imbecile! You have just revealed to everyone your ignorance and stupidity. You so arrogantly taunt me and others about not reading the bible when you yourself are not famliar with it's verses.

12Then spake Joshua to the LORD in the day when the LORD delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon; and thou, Moon, in the valley of Ajalon.
13And the sun fucking stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.

I shall further insult your intelligience, mate with:

Isaiah 11:12
12 And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the FOUR CORNERS OF THE EARTH. (KJV)

Revelation 7:1
1 And after these things I saw four angels standing on FOUR CORNERS OF THE EARTH, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree. (KJV)

Job 38:13
13 That it might take hold of the ENDS OF THE EARTH, that the wicked might be shaken out of it? (KJV)

Jeremiah 16:19
19 O LORD, my strength, and my fortress, and my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come unto thee from the ENDS OF THE EARTH, and shall say, Surely our fathers have inherited lies, vanity, and things wherein there is no profit. (KJV)

In case you didn't realise, our earth looks something like:

granted, it looks a little flat, but I can assure you sir that our earth is definitely round and has no corners. Now be a good boy and furrow your brows in a futile attempt to understand my post. I said FURROW!
oh my you just embarrassed your ass....again!

you are an insult to the Christian community i might add...

hey big brains...do you even know what you are posting, do you not think before you post???

ok from the passage of Joshua you raised:

Jos 10:12-15. The Sun and Moon Stand Still at the Word of Joshua.
12-15. Then spake Joshua to the Lord . and . he said in the sight of Israel, Sun, stand thou still .

and thou, Moon-The inspired author here breaks off the thread of his history of this miraculous victory to introduce a quotation from an ancient poem, in which the mighty acts of that day were commemorated.

The passage, which is parenthetical, contains a poetical description of the victory which was miraculously gained by the help of God, and forms an extract from "the book of Jasher," that is, "the upright"-an anthology, or collection of national songs, in honor of renowned and eminently pious heroes.

The language of a poem is not to be literally interpreted; and therefore, when the sun and moon are personified, addressed as intelligent beings, and represented as standing still, the explanation is that the light of the sun and moon was supernaturally prolonged by the same laws of refraction and reflection that ordinarily cause the sun to appear above the horizon, when it is in reality below it.

Gibeon ("a hill") was now at the back of the Israelites, and the height would soon have intercepted the rays of the setting sun. The valley of Ajalon ("stags") was before them, and so near that it was sometimes called "the valley of Gibeon" (Isa 28:21).

It would seem, from Jos 10:14, that the command of Joshua was in reality a prayer to God for the performance of this miracle; and that, although the prayers of eminently good men like Moses often prevailed with God, never was there on any other occasion so astonishing a display of divine power made in behalf of His people, as in answer to the prayer of Joshua. Jos 10:15 is the end of the quotation from Jasher; and it is necessary to notice this, as the fact described in it is recorded in due course, and the same words, by the sacred historian (Jos 10:43).

now, why are you talking about revelations? revelations talks about John seeing what the end of time will turn out to be like leading up to judgment day.

see here im not going to even bother with you, because you are really deluded, you take things literally and cant interpret the real message/meaning behind whats being said, you thought previously giants as in huuge beastly people when it was a person who had a rare case of giantism, same thing applies here, about you saying the earth is flat, Christians don't believe the earth is flat, though in the past we are talking 2000 yrs + ago, many scholars/scientists were still investigating the properties of the earth, and alot of them were not Christians, so don't go saying stuff that's already been proven, as of present we believe the earth isnt flat, but its not spherical either.

the stuff you highlighted in bold e.g. four corners of the earth, its not to be taken to literally, when he said 4 corners, he meant 4 different locations, its just the English expression you don't get and take too literally you ignorant and blinded fool.

4 different locations are depicted as 4 corners of the earth, not saying the earth has corners, its the directions where the wind blows you dumwit, north south east and west are the 4 corners, again you wouldn't know because you take things too literally because you are deluded.

furthermore you added the sun "fucking" stood still, i don't recall the bible saying that, you're just making things the way you want them to sound, clearly, you are one serious hypocrite...

before you decide to take another go at me, i suggest you read carefully and understand the meaning behind this, or havent you studied how meaning is shaped in english class?

There is no point reading and attacking in an attempt to shut me down, you just got your own ass whooped simply because you dont have any idea what you have just posted, you just went on the internet and bang on a post, that wont work, understand and denote what is being said, dont take the bible too literally for everything being said, because it seriously makes you look more stupid, you might aswell give it up already.

If you are so brave, why don't you question other religious beliefs, rather targeting Christianity, hmm?

unlike you, we have all the answers, which make perfect sense, the things you raised were just taken too literally because you never read or could ever understand the message behind the bible.

it was a nice try i give you credit for that, better luck next time, you didnt insult my intelligence, you probably didnt even know that the whole concept of revelations was a dream from John, Jesus' youngest disciple, who one night had a dream about all of this, lets not forget the strong imagery behind all of this was a dream and a message to demonstrate what will happen at the end of time, mind you, everything God revealed to him in this dream was all true.

again, I'd insult you, but you're not bright enough to notice, its clear from you're fantastic post...

and last but not least, if ignorance is bliss, you must be the happiest person alive, good stuff.

good for you, come back when you have something reasonable to discuss, not obvious things like this, its you're own fault you cant depict whats being said, discussing silly things like this is just a waste of my time...stop talking nonsense by throwing a bunch of quotes in if you don't know what they even mean ok?

Last edited:

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
1- i'm not christian

2- you choose to take parts of the bible literally and others as metaphor? HOW CONVENIENT!

3- that shit you posted up there was copied and paste so you should really reference that, instead posting rubbish that you think sounds smart.

5- it was stated explicity that the sun stood still. how else can that be interpreted?

5- i won't even bother with the rest of your post. now... i'll stop disturbing you and leave you to your stories about a fantasy land filled with fairies and goblins. have fun ;)

skyline

Proud Aurion TRD owner
HSC
N/A
1- i'm not christian

2- you choose to take parts of the bible literally and others as metaphor? HOW CONVENIENT!

3- that shit you posted up there was copied and paste so you should really reference that, instead posting rubbish that you think sounds smart.

5- it was stated explicity that the sun stood still. how else can that be interpreted?

5- i won't even bother with the rest of your post. now... i'll stop disturbing you and leave you to your stories about a fantasy land filled with fairies and goblins. have fun ;)

if you wanna break it down to points, i can do the same, its called a summary big brains...

1. you are stubborn and deluded, you read and couldn't understand anything that's been said, secondly you tell me im taking it too literally when its you making things up along the way.

2. its not what sounds smart i got, its what i said that counts, i didn't copy and paste, the only thing i copied were some of the quotes, the analysis and meaning behind it all, is what i typed, it wasn't done in attempt to sound smart, it was done to prove you wrong and to validate my point earlier on. It wasn't stated explicitly that the sun stood still, look up what explicitly means in the dictionary you fool.

3. you kill everything i say, the fact you are deluded thinking its made up with fairies and what not, really tells me you have no idea about Christianity whatsoever, you shouldn't even be posting here, if you don't believe in God, why post for? if you know he doesn't exist, why bother?

ohh...i know why, because you don't know what you are saying, your an atheist what could you possibly know, all you do is object to everything others say, the reason you have no religion is because you have no sense of morale and dignity, you have nothing, if you have no religious belief, you have nothing.

see here now, atheists would be better off not insulting religious believers and theists with their criticisms and attacks on religion, religious beliefs, and theism. Atheists should moderate their rhetoric and stop pushing theists away.

your just pathetic grow up...

Titburger

HSC
ohh...i know why, because you don't know what you are saying, your an atheist what could you possibly know, all you do is object to everything others say, the reason you have no religion is because you have no sense of morale and dignity, you have nothing, if you have no religious belief, you have nothing.

see here now, atheists would be better off not insulting religious believers and theists with their criticisms and attacks on religion, religious beliefs, and theism. Atheists should moderate their rhetoric and stop pushing theists away.

your just pathetic grow up...
Morality doesn't come from religion buddy, and faith without evidence is not a noble belief - it's just foolish

skyline

Proud Aurion TRD owner
HSC
N/A
Morality doesn't come from religion buddy, and faith without evidence is not a noble belief - it's just foolish

yeh faith without evidence is foolish, however we know it has the evidence, therefore its not foolish

try convincing other Christians its foolish you hyprocrite

i said it once and ill say it again, atheists would be better off not insulting religious believers and theists with their criticisms and attacks on religion, religious beliefs, and theism. Atheists should moderate their rhetoric and stop pushing theists away.

so give it up, your not going to achieve anything from this, you might aswell research for yourself whats the meaning of life is anyway...

Last edited:

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
I'm a proud atheist and i am quite moral. I'm disgusted at things like teen pregnancy or people abusing drugs and alcohol. Maybe I'm an exception to this rule of yours that all atheists are immoral. OR maybe just maybe you don't need to be religious to be moral

Titburger

HSC
I'm an agnostic. I neither acknowledge or deny the existence of God. To base this assumption on faith would be both an insult to me and to God (If he exists). Faith eliminates reason, the only thing separating us from any other mammal.

The idea that you hold morality with religion I find quite amusing. Are you saying that it is only through your belief in god that you would be doing good? That without God you are incapable of figuring out that murder = bad?

yeh faith without evidence is foolish, however we know it has the evidence, therefore its not foolish

try convincing other Christians its foolish you hyprocrite

i said it once and ill say it again, atheists would be better off not insulting religious believers and theists with their criticisms and attacks on religion, religious beliefs, and theism. Atheists should moderate their rhetoric and stop pushing theists away.

so give it up, your not going to achieve anything from this, you might aswell research for yourself whats the meaning of life is anyway...
This is the "Does got Exist?" forum, of course there are going to be views against that of your christian God you idiot. If you don't like it then gtfo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)