enrolment appointment for sem 2. sem 2 class times (1 Viewer)

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
My enrolment appointment is out on myUNSW.
2nd of May for me, and it appears the class times for semester 2 are out (most at least?).

time to make timetables (again)!

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
I don't know what commerce course to do. :(

They are either shit like accounting 1b or useless like marketing.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Bah, made a mock timetable and it's horrible - like six hours straight on Thursday and... yeah. :(

hopefully they'll open up more classes

yemeni cricket

HSC
N/A
Hopefully rectangles will update with s2 data soon. Pretty useless having it still using s1 data after the census date.

HSC
Uni Grad
3 day timetable for me, once again :)

but i hate the fact that ACTL is on thursdays instead of fridays now. And what's more is that we have Brian Chu; makes the whole ACTL1001 syllabus all theory. =_=

Not like I hate him, I just don't like the way he organizes the course. He's a good lecturer from what I heard.

JayCakie

HSC
Woah guys I'm so confused now.

Can we create new timetables now for next semester? And if so, how? I see everyone talking about updates and what now, etc, enrollment etc, am I assuming that this is on myUNSW Portal?

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA UNSW DOESN'T LURVE ME ANYMORE ;_____; MIND CLUSTER FUCK.

I've just finished my mid-terms and people are already talking about second semester classes? Derp, university is fast.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
Woah guys I'm so confused now.

Can we create new timetables now for next semester? And if so, how? I see everyone talking about updates and what now, etc, enrollment etc, am I assuming that this is on myUNSW Portal?

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA UNSW DOESN'T LURVE ME ANYMORE ;_____; MIND CLUSTER FUCK.

I've just finished my mid-terms and people are already talking about second semester classes? Derp, university is fast.
the enrolment appointments haven't started yet. you can check when yours is on myUNSW.
you can "make" your timetable, as in, decide what classes you will enrol in when the times comes.
and yeah, uni goes pretty fast :)

Jonneeh

HSC
Made a sample timetable and my times are horrible 2x5 hr gaps, a 9-8 day, 5 day week.

Tortilla

HSC
N/A
Definitely doing ACC1511, FINS 1613,

Cannot decide on the other two,

Are there any prerequisites for ACTL1001, I have done 4 unit maths if thats any help.

Also considering Marketing, would do macro but then my timetable would be on 3 days.

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
Mine is May 1st still deciding which FINS subjects to do next sem. probs looking at FINS1612 and FINS2624

Tortilla

HSC
N/A
Would rather do a 3yr commerce an major in accounting & finance. is it possible to do 3 majors in a 3yr commerce degree?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
lame, mine starts on 1st of May. thinking of doing FINS2624 too
NO IT'S A HORRIBLE SUBJECT DON'T DO IT

srsly.

Unless you really like Finance then I guess... go for it.

---

Also personally, I don't like using rectangles. Don't be lazy, go through the material yourself and make your own timetable - it's much, much better that way as you can factor in like walking distances and other things as well - like start times, lunch breaks, and you can record the exact code of the tutes you want so you know exactly what you want when enrolments open.

HSC
Uni Grad
Would rather do a 3yr commerce an major in accounting & finance. is it possible to do 3 majors in a 3yr commerce degree?
You would not be able to fit it under 3 years, so you'd have to do summer school as well as completing the degree in 4 years instead. Overloading is another option but it may be too heavy for you, but it's your choice.

wantingtoknow

HSC
N/A
NO IT'S A HORRIBLE SUBJECT DON'T DO IT

srsly.

Unless you really like Finance then I guess... go for it.

---

Also personally, I don't like using rectangles. Don't be lazy, go through the material yourself and make your own timetable - it's much, much better that way as you can factor in like walking distances and other things as well - like start times, lunch breaks, and you can record the exact code of the tutes you want so you know exactly what you want when enrolments open.
lols, what's wrong with the subject? did you do it back when henry was taking the course?

yeh, I never use rectangles either. it never provides me with the best timetable. it's not that difficult to make your own timetable anyway.

HSC
Uni Grad
lols, what's wrong with the subject? did you do it back when henry was taking the course?

yeh, I never use rectangles either. it never provides me with the best timetable. it's not that difficult to make your own timetable anyway.
He personally just doesn't like the subject, that's all.

And I agree with what you said too. Seriously, how can it be that hard to make your timetable anyway? All you really have to do is know which subjects have smaller cohorts, then do those first, and leave the subjects with the highest cohorts last. i.e. I would do a timetable for a subject like Professional Korean first, and then do Accounting 1A last, because the former has very few ppl and the latter has a lot more people, thus a lot more timeslots.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

I have Joakim Bang. Good lecturer and all, but... the way they teach it - it's like they assume you get what they're talking about straight away, and then they go for harder applications of it.

The thing that annoyed me most - I'm doing the subject now - is that for the midsem, 5 marks out of 23 were on things we didn't learn explicitly on the course, and they didn't test like an entire chapter of work at that expense.

it's... *sigh*

But that's my two cents, take of it as you will.

muzeikchun852

HSC
why do we all have different enrolment date? and is it according to our surname or something?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)