First Place in Course List (1 Viewer)

jet

Banned
HSC
^ did you have to explain to them what cosmology was? :haha: ;)

come to think of it you could have taken one for the team (ie. Brian) and made a fuss about the evil BOS axing Cosmology :p
Yeah. I was walking with the guy and he was like "Now my main question will be, What IS cosmology exactly?"

I really want a chance to go off at BOS, but he didn't give me a lead in... Though Rebecca Lloyd said that normally SMH wants to interview distinction course rankers, so I'll get a chance then if they do interview me :D

elmoateme

HSC
Congrats to everyone. GHS pride! 3 state ranks woo!
Fun fact though, annabelle, the girl who came 1st in physics was ranked 4 internally, behind sarah (1st in french) and chris (1st in engineering). Chris was a physics olympian too. Chris and sarah for 99.95 too woo!
Come on GHS top 20 again =)

ps @ Namu: Good luck to your brother, as I said before, there will be a fair bit of competition between him and liam hayes.

Last edited:

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I think I said well done before but, I knew a couple in the list... so well done to them especially.

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
LOL at ruse.
I bet it was a dark day when they realised they only got 1 first in state.

Chev got 2 and they usually sit around 400-500 in the state haha.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Umm actually we usually sit a fair bit higher then that, even last year we got 149 with a dud year group...
I think the use of the comment which you quoted was actually used as a put down at Ruse, rather than dumbing you're school.

I.e. The lower the ranked school that beat Ruse in terms of first in course, the better.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah I got that, I was just defending my school lol.
I just looked up the rankings, we were 143 last year, and before that variously in the top 150 or top 100 each year.

The best part is we always beat arch-rivals Oxley College, sometimes by up to 60 places :D
The competitions never end :)
:pain:

kateemily

HSC
+1
Our whole year group constantly took our hats off to him for 6 years lol. Internally, he topped Adv English, 3U and 4U English, Chem and Ancient History. My one claim to fame is just beating him in Physics ;)
haha thats a very good claim to fame! but gee whiz he mustve worked mighty hard. most ppl who do well over all their subjects dont tend to get first and high state rankings, so wow, respect to him for sure

my skool has the poorest rank, lyk 300-400 so absolutely pathetic. absolutely crap competition lol. jst hope it isnt the death of me

duckcowhybrid

HSC
Only 2 firsts, the school was about to riot today. HSC 2009 failed us hard. Luckily our year group is 10x better. We shall top dp624.

wendybird

HSC
It was nothing over the top, really. Daniel was mentioned a few times, but he ddo really well, so he deserved the mentions. (Oh, and it's possible I'm remembering this incorrectly - but I think when we were doing the practice run-through, the lady organising it was like "Oh, look how Daniel walked across the stage, you should all do it like him." haha)
haha. I kind of love that, :haha:

and good job for last year! :monkey:

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
'Oath he worked hard. The competition at our school is reasonably good, but it's not you know cut-throat 'i have to come first and get 99.95 style'. I estimate we will maybe have 8 people higher then a 95 ATAR.
Do you have a good year in '09??
Because I know someone who duxed chev a few years ago with 95ish. What do you think your dux will get?

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
Are you sure about that? That sounds very unusual. Last year was considered a relatively poor year, and the dux got 98.7, 2nd place got 98.65, then there was a smattering all throughout the 90's.

2006 was probably the previous strongest year, 2 99's (highest got 99.85) and many other 90's. We are considered to be a much stronger year group even then them, and we are pretty large too, I'm expecting 2-3 99's (Ben and Caitlin should be very high, maybe even a 99.95), and yeah actually probably 8-10 people in the 95-98 range.

If I had to guess I would call the dux as Ben with 99.95, Caitlin close behind. They were equal on the internal academic award (we wait till after HSC to award dux, used to be purely internal but yeah in 2006 the 'dux' got like a 96 or something and many others were far higher)
Ah yes, I think I am refering to the 2006 'dux' then haha.
Jeez, Ben and Caitlin must be champs. However, I think my school will beat you guys in state rankings this year because of our small year group, I go to Wollondilly Anglican :p

Liv28

HSC
If you achieve a state ranking that is not 1st, e.g. somewhere in top 20, are you notified especially or do you just find out on the mert list tomrrow?

wendybird

HSC
yes, Mod. OMG!!! Following in the footsteps of the famous Swain!!!:jaw:
haha. I kid, but that does feel a tad spesh. :shy:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)