FML my sem 1 2011 timetable is a piece of shit thread (1 Viewer)

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
They're like half lectures/half tutes... The lecturer will do a lot of talking and explaining but it's also very interactive, you'll do a lot of discussing, question asking etc but also get quite a bit of new info.

Chevalier

FutureGazer
HSC
I have a 6 hr break in between my lectures on Tuesday, all in one continuous bloc!!! From 9-10am I have a lecture in World History (I'm majoring in Politics for Social Science/Law) and my next lecture is Social Science from 4pm-5pm. So for 6 hrs I have pretty much nothing to do fml >< It's gonna be weird bumming around campus or rocking up at some club all by yourself cause everyone else has lectures, methinks I should go home instead :p

Ritz1024

HSC
N/A
^go home unless you live far away from uni. Well, you can bring laptop and chill in the new library, uni bar, take a nap on the grass area or go Macquarie centre. I'm sure there must be some people from your high school goes to MQ as well.

timetable next semester Mon 9 - 1 and Tue 1 - 7. Semester 2 looking pretty fucked, clash all over the place.

Last edited:

onur91

HSC
N/A

Will not be attending the Monday 1pm lecture and also the Tuesday 6pm lecture. So I only have 6 hours a week. Awesome.

onur91

HSC
N/A
I thought 308 lectures were mandatory as they are only small classes - maybe I am wrong.
No, I believe the lectures for 308 have a 150 capacity. Apparantely you have to attend 80% of the tutorial classes.
Do you have any idea whether we have a tute in week 1 or not?

Odyssey2001

HSC
Has anyones e-student been updated with this semesters units? Mine hasn't and I've been sent an e-mail saying unit info is up there but I can't even see the units to see the guides etc: for first week.

Lou283

HSC
No, I believe the lectures for 308 have a 150 capacity. Apparantely you have to attend 80% of the tutorial classes.
Do you have any idea whether we have a tute in week 1 or not?
Oh Ok - I don't believe there is a tute the first week, but i guess we will find out in the first lecture. As far as i am aware 308 has a few guest lectures etc so I think it might actually be an interesting unit lecture to attend. Then again I am going straight after a long day at work so maybe it wont be quiet so much fun then lol!

Lou283

HSC
Has anyones e-student been updated with this semesters units? Mine hasn't and I've been sent an e-mail saying unit info is up there but I can't even see the units to see the guides etc: for first week.
One of mine is up yet when I click on it it tells me I don't have access. I really wanted them to be up by now so I could get an idea of the units and the unit outlines for this year, they seemed to be cutting it pretty fine for getting everything up in time. One of my units hasn't even released the textbook for this year yet.

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
tt1st.jpg

lol. i went to arts orientation today. met some crazy people. not in the good way.

sean1990

HSC
no unit outlines have been released yet, not via blackboard or on the 'unit outlines' webpage.

Its such a pain for people who enrol in alot of classes starting Monday, who won't be prepared. I know its the first week but still, its good to have an understanding anyway.

on a different note, has any1 heard anything else about the strikes at MQ in the 2nd week of this sem?

Blizane

HSC
I have access to one subject and the unit outline was up, but has since been removed. :(

onur91

HSC
N/A
Oh Ok - I don't believe there is a tute the first week, but i guess we will find out in the first lecture. As far as i am aware 308 has a few guest lectures etc so I think it might actually be an interesting unit lecture to attend. Then again I am going straight after a long day at work so maybe it wont be quiet so much fun then lol!
Hopefully there won't be one next week lol. My situation is bad when it comes to knowing whether we have tutes for some units in the first week, because I have the majority of classes on Monday, so unless they put up the units on BB, i'm a bit screwed.
I know what you mean, sucks to sit through a 2hr lecture after a long day. Hopefully i'll be starting a job in the coming weeks, but the issue is that i'll be finishing at 6....the lecture is at 6, so I won't be able to make it til about halfway through.

*rUsTy*

HSC
So I know it's O-Week next week... but is that the official start of classes for returning students? I thought it was the 28th but I looked at the Unit outline for one of my subjects which states that there is a tutorial next week? Is this normal?

Lou283

HSC
So I know it's O-Week next week... but is that the official start of classes for returning students? I thought it was the 28th but I looked at the Unit outline for one of my subjects which states that there is a tutorial next week? Is this normal?
Lectures run during O-Week and some tutes do. It depends on the subject but I had two subjects last year that had tutes first week back.

Lou283

HSC
no unit outlines have been released yet, not via blackboard or on the 'unit outlines' webpage.

Its such a pain for people who enrol in alot of classes starting Monday, who won't be prepared. I know its the first week but still, its good to have an understanding anyway.

on a different note, has any1 heard anything else about the strikes at MQ in the 2nd week of this sem?
I know what you mean! I like to be organised, at least for the first week! AND what do you mean a strike! I haven't heard anything about any striking . . .

Hopefully there won't be one next week lol. My situation is bad when it comes to knowing whether we have tutes for some units in the first week, because I have the majority of classes on Monday, so unless they put up the units on BB, i'm a bit screwed.
I know what you mean, sucks to sit through a 2hr lecture after a long day. Hopefully i'll be starting a job in the coming weeks, but the issue is that i'll be finishing at 6....the lecture is at 6, so I won't be able to make it til about halfway through.
Yeh 6 is pushing it for me too but should make it in time as long as the buses play nice and turn up on time because I have to catch two from work.

Ritz1024

HSC
N/A
yep strike week 2, this guy was giving out paper regarding the strike today.

Lou283

HSC
yep strike week 2, this guy was giving out paper regarding the strike today.
A complete strike or just certain departments or teachers?

For Econ203 all tutorials are full.. am i screwed? what do i do?
Don't stress, just email the unit convenor. You will find that by looking up the unit info in the handbook and then search their name and it should come up with their email address. Failing that just ask them in your first lecture.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)