For those who believe that homosexuality is genetic (2 Viewers)

ilikebeeef

HSC
that's a little harsh isn't it. not all christians are like that. i think that you're being the one persecuting people with different beliefs to yourself. chill :hippie:
+1. There are such things as non-conservative Christians.

EDIT: Although really, a huge majority are conservative.

Last edited:

Scorch

HSC
that's a little harsh isn't it. not all christians are like that. i think that you're being the one persecuting people with different beliefs to yourself. chill :hippie:
Well not really. To be a Christian one must believe in a book that stands contrary to proven scientific evidence, endorse a God that rules by fear and persecution who implores his chosen people to massacre, conquer and kill, creates humans that he knows are flawed, blames them for those flaws and then sends his son to live half his life and then be excruciatingly tortured to death for something that is his fault in the first place so that we can somehow be free but only if we continue to blindly follow him despite his genocide and slaughter-filled past.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Most of the Christians I know are perfectly lax and liberal here in Australia. They're mostly nutjobs in America, but luckily in Australia people like Name Taken are few and far between.

Although having said all that, Catholics tend to be the least batshit insane of the lot (ignoring the Pope).

Scorch

HSC
Most of the Christians I know are perfectly lax and liberal here in Australia. They're mostly nutjobs in America, but luckily in Australia people like Name Taken are few and far between.

Although having said all that, Catholics tend to be the least batshit insane of the lot (ignoring the Pope).
But even the most reasonable and liberal Christians must still believe in, as I said just before, a book that stands contrary to proven scientific evidence, endorse a God that rules by fear and persecution who implores his chosen people to massacre, conquer and kill, creates humans that he knows are flawed, blames them for those flaws and then sends his son to live half his life and then be excruciatingly tortured to death for something that is his fault in the first place so that we can somehow be free but only if we continue to blindly follow him despite his genocide and slaughter-filled past.

Even the most 'liberal' and 'reasonable' Christians believe in nonsense, no matter how reasonable they may be.

shuttle_bus5

HSC
I would love to meet some sane christians. Seriously but, the crazy nut jobs i know have completely shaped my views on christianity

Name_Taken

HSC
Souuuuuurrrrcccceeee please.
Australian Institute of Criminology - View paper

Not only is the article quite a good read itself, there are sources for further reading at the bottom.

No, however homosexuality was decriminalized in the 60s and 70s. These studies are pseudo-scientific. They are psychological profiles based on asking flawed questions and poorly compiled sample populations.

I read several of the ones linking drugs to homosexuality, and it surveyed a group of young homosexual men who were regular party-goers at inner-city nightclubs, cited statistics and offered no comparison with the same statistics in a constant sample group of heterosexual young men of the same age-bracket, socio-economic status and social circle.
But some of them are as recent as 2003. Even if say 2-3 of them you showed to be defunct, what of the rest? You cannot fairly condemn all of them without reviewing each on a case-by-case basis.

Let me break down one such study that you linked to.
Health risks of the homosexual lifestyle
This is dishonest. I never presented this link as to an actual study.

Websites: (not necessarily of the studies above, just miscellaneous links you may want to check out as well):
I made it clear that the web links were to miscellaneous websites, and were not necessarily of the studies I posted above.

Somewhat typically, you opted to direct your efforts at attacking the Christian website, while ignoring the actual studies and papers I posted above the random links.

Now firstly, basic source analysis that anyone in year 10 is familiar with. The Catholic Church has an extremely vested interest in slandering homosexuals and defending their own views that are disproven by science, and this is evident in how the scientific statistics are misquoted and evidence misused in order to further their agenda.
Even if that were the case, that would make them no better than the various homosexal activist who for years artificially inflated the % figure of the LGBT population to 10%, and now 5%, when the more accurate figure closer resembles 1% as well as playing down the various health risks associated with homosexual sex, as well as promoting pseudo-science relating to the discovery of a so called "gay-gene".

So far unsupported, unreferenced bigotry to introduce the article, good work.

It all goes on like that. It is scientifically unsupported, using flawed statistical analysis.

These are not credible scientific sources. You and they have not proven anything. There is no scientific evidence cited by these articles. They cite statistics and make claims based on those when any rational person can see the problem with the statistics they cite.
I never presented the website which you attacked as being a credible scientific study, I even referred to it and those around it as misellaneous links which "you may want to check out as well".

Well you believe in a fairytale.
Except not only is there proof of Christ and His performing miracles, there is proof of His reserection.

We evolved from apes over the last 8 million years. That is a fact.

We were not created in our current form 6,000 years ago. That is a fact.

The Earth did not come into being as we recognize it for the better part of 7 billion years after the birth of the Universe. That is a fact.

Snakes can not talk, Men do not come back to life, they can not part seas, they can not issue plagues and they can not stop the Earth from orbiting around the Sun and force it to orbit in the opposite direction for an hour. That is a fact.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence and the Bible provides none, and to believe in such a violent cult without evidence is absurd.
Yes yes yes, we all know, and something can come from nothing and life from non-life and there is no purpose to anything, yet we somehow have rights, and religion is the greatest evil mankind has ever manufactured (which is funny because without a God to dictate an unbias immaterial standard of behaviour, evil can never be defined).

Without God, knowledge of anything becomes impossible.

Last edited:

artist91

HSC
I would love to meet some sane christians. Seriously but, the crazy nut jobs i know have completely shaped my views on christianity
that's cool. but i think it's a little closed minded to think of all christians in that way based on your experiences with a select few "nut jobs". seriously, there are millions of christians in the world and it's unfortunate you have had bad experiences with some at your school, but don't heap everyone into the same pile. although i may not be the most devout, i still consider myself a christian and somewhat sane. :)

Scorch

HSC
Name_Taken.

For all intents and purposes I am abandoning this particular conversation between us. You clearly do not listen to other people or concern yourself with facts or evidence. I am rather tired of saying the same thing over and over again and will leave it to others to judge the ludicrous hatred that you try and pass off as science.

Scorch

HSC
that's cool. but i think it's a little closed minded to think of all christians in that way based on your experiences with a select few "nut jobs". seriously, there are millions of christians in the world and it's unfortunate you have had bad experiences with some at your school, but don't heap everyone into the same pile. although i may not be the most devout, i still consider myself a christian and somewhat sane. :)
The problem is that, however sane they are as people, they still believe and devote their lives to complete unprovable nonsense.

artist91

HSC
The problem is that, however sane they are as people, they still believe and devote their lives to complete unprovable nonsense.
k that's your opinion. and i wouldn't say everyone "devotes their lives" to religion. you can still life the exact same life as a non-believer. you just have a little extra faith in it :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)