For those who believe that homosexuality is genetic (1 Viewer)

CecilyMare

HSC
it's been scientifically determined that sexuality and genetic make up do not have any correlation.. not saying its by choice, but it has nothing to do with someones insides.
No it hasn't been scientifically determined.

if it was genetic, then wouldn't homosexuals have died out?
No. I don't believe that it is purely genetic, but there is loads of evidence on it. It is possible to have both parents be right-handed and for them to have offspring that is left-handed. Their left-handedness may also convert during their lifetime, as such stories go.

Same goes for homosexuality.

Name_Taken

HSC
m8, you just don't get it do you? what does it matter if two guys or two girls like each other? who are you to define what is morally right or wrong? your bigotry and narrowmindedness is a cancer upon our progressive and modern society.
Progression towards what, may I ask?

And I find the analogy to cancer funny in some respects, you know some cancer cells live forever right?

Once again this isn't a single person dictating whether or not something is moral or not. The Bible claims to be the divine word of a creator, the question then becomes whether or not there is enough evidence to substanciate its various claims, which I believe there is.

Say the Bible is a whole bunch of BS written by a bunch of people who had no idea of what they were talking about. Even so, what would make it any lesser of a guide on how to live your life than the ABC kids shows which also attempt to teach people right and wrong?

Even if the Bible is nothing more than a novel, does that undermine its message anymore than your message, or that of other, contemporary people, who are in effect doing exactly the same thing as the writers of the Bible did, just in a different time period, preaching a slightly different message?

now.. as soon as enlightenment finally hits your slack-jawed mongoloid face, kindly beat yourself to death with a brick. you won't be missed.
Jeez, you guys aren't a pleasant bunch.

Name_Taken

HSC
No. I don't believe that it is purely genetic, but there is loads of evidence on it.
Please, feel free to substanciate your claims.

It is possible to have both parents be right-handed and for them to have offspring that is left-handed. Their left-handedness may also convert during their lifetime, as such stories go.

Same goes for homosexuality.
Does it, or do you assume it does?

People choose to write with their left or right hand, even if they are born with a (IDK to what extent it is genetic) predisposition to using either their left or right. Using the other hand is really a trained skill which can be mastered.

Are you argueing the same is true for gay people, that through practise or "training" IDK something like that, they could become straight?

CecilyMare

HSC

And I find the analogy to cancer funny in some respects, you know some cancer cells live forever right?

Once again this isn't a single person dictating whether or not something is moral or not. The Bible claims to be the divine word of a creator, the question then becomes whether or not there is enough evidence to substanciate its various claims, which I believe there is.

Say the Bible is a whole bunch of BS written by a bunch of people who had no idea of what they were talking about. Even so, what would make it any lesser of a guide on how to live your life than the ABC kids shows which also attempt to teach people right and wrong?

Even if the Bible is nothing more than a novel, does that undermine its message anymore than your message, or that of other, contemporary people, who are in effect doing exactly the same thing as the writers of the Bible did, just in a different time period, preaching a slightly different message?

Jeez, you guys aren't a pleasant bunch.
No.. ABC kids would tell us to pursue happiness and not beat up anyone according to their differences :( They wouldn't stress over how many children are born, fyi.

CecilyMare

HSC
Please, feel free to substanciate your claims.

Does it, or do you assume it does?

People choose to write with their left or right hand, even if they are born with a (IDK to what extent it is genetic) predisposition to using either their left or right. Using the other hand is really a trained skill which can be mastered.

Are you argueing the same is true for gay people, that through practise or "training" IDK something like that, they could become straight?
No, not necessarily training. People, due to developments in their lifetime or traumatic occurrences such as being locked up in a prison cell, may very well convert to homosexuality.

Name_Taken

HSC
Because they set a poor example of the majority of Christians who aren't that bothered by other's opinions - they take Evangelism to the point of dogging people at their homes.
Oh please.

Not that I am sympathetic at all to Jehovahs Witnesses, but it's not too much of an inconvenience for you to open the front door and say, no sorry not interested, or even just lie and say you're already Christian so they go away.

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
Because they set a poor example of the majority of Christians who aren't that bothered by other's opinions - they take Evangelism to the point of dogging people at their homes.
door-knock evangelism itself doesn't really imply being bothered by someone else's opinion so much as a firm belief in one's own

ilikebeeef

HSC
Oh please.

Not that I am sympathetic at all to Jehovahs Witnesses, but it's not too much of an inconvenience for you to open the front door and say, no sorry not interested, or even just lie and say you're already Christian so they go away.
When I was a Christian, they still bothered me with their conversational rape. They make non-Christians hate Christians - that's not good.

door-knock evangelism itself doesn't really imply being bothered by someone else's opinion so much as a firm belief in one's own
You wouldn't have the motivation to door-knock evangelise if you don't have a firm belief in your own (unless you're paid to do it).

Durga

HSC

Progression towards a freer, more prosperous society, where individual rights and equality are valued. E.g. As far removed from a theocracy as possible.

Cancer cells might live forever, but they can be neutralised through chemotherapy.

Mmm, like miracles that cannot be tested and repeated with substantiated, empirical evidence? This supposed 'evidence' is starting to get a little clammy.

Because the ABC Kids shows are not taken literally, and as an absolute. Further more, ABC Kids shows are generally from the same era as us, with a relatively similar moral zeitgeist.

Because people can easily discard and reject the ideas that these novelists write about because there is no attachment to an all powerful supernatural creator.

ilikebeeef

HSC
Because people can easily discard and reject the ideas that these novelists write about because there is no attachment to an all powerful supernatural creator.
Someone should write a religious text based on the word of The Great Flying Spaghetti Monster. Maybe that would increase the number of its followers.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
Neither will you, you disgusting homosexual. Aids is waiting upon you :)
Your too ashamed to even openly admit you are gay, shut up.
sticks and stones brooo... sticks and stonessssss.

and when have i ever made an attempt to hide my sexuality? on the contrary, i have stated it plainly many times, but i wouldn't expect you to realise that.

X

xeuyrawp

bailey and pillard 1991:

kallman 1952:

so the incidence of one twin being gay if the other is gay in monozygotic twins is pretty substantial
Those studies have been criticised for the way they obtained samples.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)