Frankenstein/BladeRunner (2 Viewers)

HSC
tried watching bladeunner but its just soooo boring. im completly not a science-fiction person!

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC
tried watching bladeunner but its just soooo boring. im completly not a science-fiction person!
Yeah, i hate watching old movies, let alone old sci-fi movies.
Unbelievable how many people are doing this for Module A. We start it first day back :D Good movie to watch is 'The Island' which revolves around similar themes.

HSC
Yeah, i hate watching old movies, let alone old sci-fi movies.
Unbelievable how many people are doing this for Module A. We start it first day back :D Good movie to watch is 'The Island' which revolves around similar themes.
i know.
im trying to semi like bladerunner.
its not working. i cant stand it!!

bored of sc

HSC
i know.
im trying to semi like bladerunner.
its not working. i cant stand it!!
The fact that director Scott creates a world which is devoid of natural life and excitement illustrates the immensity of the destructive effect of technology on Los Angeles 2019. {Insert specific example/technique/scene/quote here} This in turn supports that the viewers gain a tedious impression from the film Bladerunner.

HSC
The fact that director Scott creates a world which is devoid of natural life and excitement illustrates the immensity of the destructive effect of technology on Los Angeles 2019. {Insert specific example/technique/scene/quote here} This in turn supports that the viewers gain a tedious impression from the film Bladerunner.
yeah i know that i just dont like the movie lol

M@ster P

HSC
"What does it mean to be human?"

Explore this statement in relation to Blade Runner and Frankenstein.

Can you guys help me on this, I am a bit lost.

All I know is that Frankenstein created a monster and in Blade Runner, Tyrell created replicants, but I am short of ideas.

Can anyone help me out :)?, it would be helpful for everyone as well.

HSC
"What does it mean to be human?"

Explore this statement in relation to Blade Runner and Frankenstein.

Can you guys help me on this, I am a bit lost.

All I know is that Frankenstein created a monster and in Blade Runner, Tyrell created replicants, but I am short of ideas.

Can anyone help me out :)?, it would be helpful for everyone as well.
wow i have this exact same assessment task!

Pain

I am Jack's wasted life.
HSC
all these memory will be lost

like tear in rain

man dat is do deep
Yeah you failed the quote. 'Moments' will be lost. But yes, it is deep. Good improvisation by the actor too. Take that writers!

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Yeah you failed the quote. 'Moments' will be lost. But yes, it is deep. Good improvisation by the actor too. Take that writers!
LOL, yeah. The actor that played Batty did a whole lotta improvising. Especially the "I want more life...father/fucker".

HSC
LOL, yeah. The actor that played Batty did a whole lotta improvising. Especially the "I want more life...father/fucker".
our teacher says its fucker lol.
but according to our teacher alot of people think its father

HSC
does any1 have any notes on the cyclic structure of Frankenstein and how it affects the readers view?
anything would b helpful
my teacher went through the 'chinese box structure'.. maybe try and find something on that. it's all about having a story within a story, with 3 different perspectives in franko's case.

cata

HSC
does any1 have any notes on the cyclic structure of Frankenstein and how it affects the readers view?
anything would b helpful
Wouldnt that be to make the audience land where they started of... making them realise the importance of linking back to the start and the significance of the themes and elements of the start. Like when it goes back to re-telling the story by the letters?
Makes people go "ohh so that's why it's like that!" or something like that.

cata

HSC
our teacher says its fucker lol.
but according to our teacher alot of people think its father
Hahahaha:haha: That's the only quote that i remember... probably cus it woke the rest of my class up from sleeping through Blade Runner..
It was actually suppose to be a bit of both words to mean both things.

amyG123

HSC
sample essay question that's slowly killing me:

both frankenstein and blade runner share a common premise. if humanity, through scientific advancement, is able to create life artificially, then ethical quandary will arise.

How do the relationships between the creator and created is used by scott and shelley to illustrate a common premise. In your response also explore how they reflect societal concerns of the time in which they were composed.

I have a pretty clear idea of what to do.. just after some suggestions...

:]

MIELZR

HSC
I am so over Frankenstein and Bladerunner!
Our teacher didn't even write our assessment question:
In what ways has the twentieth century transformed Mary Shelley’s original premise related to science and creation?
she copied it from a study guide.
We don't get much help, just a bunch of study guides.

Mine's due on Wednesday, she was meant to mark our drafts last Friday, but didn't show up to class! and I have Retreat tomorrow (Monday), so i've got Tuesday to work on it, and all the other Adv. classes have till Friday.

It isn't even a hand-in essay, its a in-class test... but we're allowed to take in notes a.k.a... bring in our whole essay and just re-write it in 45 minutes.
... and it's only worth 15%.
Ridiculous.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)