General Thoughts: Australian History, Geography, Civics and Citizenship (1 Viewer)

laila09

HSC
was disgusted at the friken geography extended response. WTF. I was wishing it was something to do with like aid or waste management. sooo poinntless.
Dont worry sc doesnt matter its just prep for HSC!

Uzername

B.S., M.S., M.A., Ph.D.
HSC
- compulsory detention in isolated areas - eg in Christmas Island
Strategy UN adopted the 7 declarations of HR ... i also talked about how not all countries follow them
- UN Declarations of HR

- i talked about how australia's % of its GNP gone towards aid is extermely low compared to other countries. it is also below the UN's target of 0.8% of a country's GNP.
Strategy
increase % of GNP to other countries

- australia takes in a significantly small number of refugees compared to other countries e.g. pakistan, Sri Lanka.
Strategy decrease % of skilled migrant intake and increase % of refugee intake... we have an obligation to assist other countries as we are a 'Christian' Nation. Disadvantages of this strategy: many believe that adding more refugees will mean nothing in the long run, they have nothiung to contribute to the economy of australia. Others believe it is a humanitarian issue and a desire for assisting others.
there... thats what i basically talked about.. i also wrote about another dot point but completely forgot what it was. Good response or not my friends?

s2 SEductive

MostDefinitelyIncredible
HSC
wow, urs sounds so smart.
i didnt learn much about it and what i learned was from commerce so i wrote about child labour caused by tnc's and racial discrimination, yer, i know, im probabli wrong...
what did ur school teach you about geo mainly

mine was human rights
waste managment
urban growth and decline
foreign aid, defence , bilateral and mutilateral aid
air quality <-- i cant believe i memorised that response at 1am
and it wasn't there
yeah anyways mainly these points

K

khorne

for the ext response, a relatively easy challenge to disucss would be Aboriginal issues in australia, such as lower life expectancy, poor facility access, void between them and the general public.

zxreth

HSC
what did everyone put for the 'outline two geographical processes' from the source..i think i did the tornade and deforestation or something.
i put deforestation and runoff. would i get the marks??

Hayzazz

Pig Member
HSC
Haha dont want to offend any of you but im glad with the extended response. A lot of "smart" people owe their smarts to repititive studying. I am the type of person who studies like a small bit (~1 hour or under) before a test and levels with or beats the people who studied for like 10+ hours. Those type of random questions really advantage me, especially when you consider scaling.

Oh yeah i plan to become one of those "study smart" style person for next year so dont give me a lecture about how my study routine will be no good for hsc xD.
Dude, my Geography teacher said that if Human Rights were to come up, then Reconciliation would be another choice. Which is why I didn't even look up "Human Rights."

I studied heaps on Geography, only to be owned because of my ignorant teacher.

silence--

HSC
for the ext response, a relatively easy challenge to disucss would be Aboriginal issues in australia, such as lower life expectancy, poor facility access, void between them and the general public.
yeah this is what i did

this + refugees/asylum/boat people/whatever = win

now i just gotta hope i didn't fuck up the others that bad haha

gah, hitting myself for not writing deforestation. can't even remember what i put for that. hopefully i can get 3/4 for that

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Dude, my Geography teacher said that if Human Rights were to come up, then Reconciliation would be another choice. Which is why I didn't even look up "Human Rights."

I studied heaps on Geography, only to be owned because of my ignorant teacher.
Damn that really sucks. :cold:

Our teacher suggested that it would probably be like in our trials where you had to choose like Aid, Defence, Sport etc (the links).

Oh yeah for that issue for Lakeville (whatever) i said Pollution and the fact that there was a mining site at a site clearly marked "Sacred Site". Anyone else notice the mine thing?

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
Damn that really sucks. :cold:

Our teacher suggested that it would probably be like in our trials where you had to choose like Aid, Defence, Sport etc (the links).

Hmm.. I think my teacher is purposely making me look dumb.

Did everyone's history multiple choice go in clumps of C's B's etc..?

jeshxcore

Premium Member :)
HSC
haha :)
yeah well lesson learnt, as exampled from year 12 '09.. the board of studies fucked with them.
changed the syllabus questions and stuff.
i'm happy that i kinda evised human rights as well.. its a major study for my grade :)

blonde_auspo

HSC
i reckon i did ok
especialli in da decade study i did 1970's and spoke about how it was a rebellious stage and how the music and fashion related it to that

My geo teacher didn teach us any skills sooo im soo screwed

supre

HSC
Hmm.. I think my teacher is purposely making me look dumb.

Did everyone's history multiple choice go in clumps of C's B's etc..?
ya mine did they were like 2 Cs then 2 Bs.
i seriously thought they were wrong, so i spent 30 mins trying to go over all the answers because looking at my multiple choice sheet for History it looked like i have guessed most of the answers because they looked like they were in a pattern.

hul0

HSC
is it just me or did history really take longer than geo
i finished geo after like 40 minutes and spent the rest on history and i still needed more time for the long response

jniranjan

HSC
everything was easy....and then came the human rights question. I thought they could ask you on human rights OR reconcilliation. Im killing my self now for not talking about the Oceanic Viking situation. My whole thing was just rambling on about about poverty in Australia and how we need to provide housing and education do the homeless can start a new life. I also talked about the need for aboriginal kids to get an education(which they currently do not want to do). I also added in the Bill Henson controversy last year to tie in with the UNConcentionRightsOfChild and expanded. I'm hoping for atleast 8 out of 15.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)