General Thoughts: Mathematics Extension 1 (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
How'd you find the exam? Share your thoughts here.

OmmU

★ BoS Deity ★
HSC
Uni Grad
As a 2U student, hard... Well harder than previous years...

Inb4 4U say it was super easy xD

Implying

HSC
Wow, fuck that

That was hard man. I usually get 82-81/84 pretty easy in all the past papers i've done, and finished with more than half an hour left

today i was working literally right up until they said pens down. I reckon I'll be lucky to get 80/84. the first part of Q5 took me forever for some raisin although i got it out.

Part (ii) of Q5pb was just retarded. The whole question was just confusing. Did anyone else get about 8.46 am for it?

Q6 was luckily pretty easy.

The rates of change just fucking threw me in Q7, it took me 10 minutes to remember the formula for the volume of a cylinder. I eventually got it out, although i'm positive I got the last part wrong. I got a cubic root

Don't even know about 7b. I'm pretty confident I got it out. Still, hard

This is a review from someone who consistently gets 80+ in Ex1 and 110+ in Ex2. It was hard

Last edited:

stevey6404

HSC
Re: Wow, fuck that

I have to agree that was a fucking hard test and I do ext 2 as well. I think I stressed too much and fucked up and couldn't remember anything.

Craigw0w

HSC

Yep, that was gay.
Could've used at least another hour O_O

timting95

HSC

That was fucking hard man. I usually get 82-81/84 pretty easy in all the past papers i've done, and finished with more than half an hour left

today i was working literally right up until they said pens down. I reckon I'll be lucky to get 80/84. the first part of Q5 took me forever for some raisin although i got it out.

Part (ii) of Q5pb was just retarded. The whole question was just confusing as shit. Did anyone else get about 8.46 am for it?

Q6 was luckily pretty easy.

The rates of change just fucking threw me in Q7, it took me 10 minutes to remember the formula for the volume of a cylinder. I eventually got it out, although i'm positive I got the last part wrong. I got a cubic root or some shit.

Don't even know about 7b. I'm pretty confident I got it out. Still, hard as shit

This is a review from someone who consistently gets 80+ in Ex1 and 110+ in Ex2. It was hard
This. I do 4U as well, and i actually think i did better in my 4U exam than today's exam... I was working to the very last second as well :|

NubMuncher

HSC
People who do not do 4U would have found that paper very hard... it took alot of lateral thinking, especially to prove that probability inequality.

OmmU

★ BoS Deity ★
HSC
Uni Grad
anyone gonna upload the paper online?
I think tywebb will soon, he did promptly after the Maths, Ext2 and Gen Maths exam.

nubmuncher said:
People who do not do 4U would have found that paper very hard... it took alot of lateral thinking, especially to prove that probability inequality.
Yay support for my point xD

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA fuck me, 2u kid here, I think I skipped about 12 marks and this is coming from a usual mid-70s/84 rofl. I've never skipped more than 5 marks in any other paper I've done.

Got the probability but fucked half of 7b and rates.

itznegarbabiii

HSC
FML , thats all I have to say ..
on the bright side .. NO MORE FUCKING MATHSS! OHH YEAAAAA :)

DVDVDVDV

Premium Member
HSC
I actually thought it was a decent paper

I do 4U and managed to do all of it except the very last question.

I wrote for 4 pages and still couldn't get it :/

K4M1N3

HSC
Re: Holy Fuckaroni

Quite a testing MX1 exam. Only left out 6 marks worth of Questions. Did many people finish?

artosis

HSC

really?
i found it about similar to most other years. obviously, not harder than 2006 coz that was a monster of a paper

damo_g

HSC
I got absolutely smashed. Went alright up until q5 then got hammered.

Craigw0w

HSC

Yep. Twas gay. I needed at least another hour :\
Left a few pages blank ><

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)