Generic Questions are Generic (1 Viewer)

Easy vs. Hard

• Easy

Votes: 14 37.8%
  • Average

Votes: 21 56.8%
  • Hard

Votes: 2 5.4%

• Total voters

taeyang

HSC
Well, it was for Romanticism...

Anyway, I think we should start a sort of poll thingy.

acemusic415

HSC
They were generic, though I had to do some thinking. I hate stimuli because I incorporate it, but I don't know how much they expect of it in terms how much to incorporate.

Stretch21

HSC
They were generic, though I had to do some thinking. I hate stimuli because I incorporate it, but I don't know how much they expect of it in terms how much to incorporate.
Yeah, I think the best thing to do (bit late now) is ask some teachers who have marked creative at the marking centers (or any module at the centers, they all discuss things). Ask them how many of the top responses look planned. Generally I find they say that most of them are really good stories, with good integration (ie, they have planned them). I guess it really depends how fast people can think on their feet. Also it varies each year, some years the question will be designed so that you cannot go in with a prepared response, the BOS recognises this (from the 2009 Marking Center notes):

"The specificity of both the critical and imaginative questions deterred most candidates from using a prepared response. However, the determination of some candidates to use a prepared response rather than apply themselves to the question at hand prevented them from achieving their best. "

This year though, I reckon we should be right if we did some good integration, then wrote a mostly planned response.

Any chance someone can put a copy of the paper up, I want to look at the other modules/questions and gave mine to a teacher. Should have done it in reading time (I read my questions in paper check), but was in exam mode.

Fake-Name

HSC
After the bomb was almost identical to the previous years...

ball00n

HSC
I did not find the questions easy at all though they weren't nasty, for Romanticism, i did not include much textual form manipulation and literally, i hate to say this, bullshitted through my essay. But I'm glad it is over. The creative was alright but like you guys said, I am now uncertain at how they are going to mark it, I really just regurgitated my story and reckon I included the stimulus in a superficial sort of way.

How many booklets did you guys use for each question?

acemusic415

HSC
I did not find the questions easy at all though they weren't nasty, for Romanticism, i did not include much textual form manipulation and literally, i hate to say this, bullshitted through my essay. But I'm glad it is over. The creative was alright but like you guys said, I am now uncertain at how they are going to mark it, I really just regurgitated my story and reckon I included the stimulus in a superficial sort of way.
I agree with you regarding the superficiality of the stimuli.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
3-4 words a line is pretty big though. If you consider that most people have about 8-10, a lot of people wrote close to that amount

taeyang

HSC
I did textual dynamics.

9 booklets for essay (3-5 words a line)
5 booklets for creative (3-4 words a line)
Are you serious? I only did 3 for essay.. 2 for creative... fuarrk mirin'

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)