Got an average mark in math and need a band 6 (1 Viewer)

justtrynapass

HSC
hi!!!

so i’m in year 11 but i’m doing the advanced math course this year and i just received my second assessment mark back it’s it’s really disappointing. i’m stressing because i NEED a band 6 and idk if i can get that anymore.

my marks:
first assessment: (20%)
89% - ranked either 9th or 11th
second assessment: (30%)
83% - not sure about rank, but most likely ranked average/ lower half

my school is ranked around 70 overall — is it still possible to get a high band 6 orrr

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
High band 6 maybe be difficult but you can get a band 6. Just as some motivation when I first did accelerated math I got 93 assessment mark in the end and 99 in the hsc exam. So overal 96

justtrynapass

HSC
High band 6 maybe be difficult but you can get a band 6. Just as some motivation when I first did accelerated math I got 93 assessment mark in the end and 99 in the hsc exam. So overal 96
did you happen to get a low 80 in an assessment

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
I think you need to apply some more time to math to get a band 6.

Don't worry because Year 11 is a practice run of the real thing. Take this as a learning experience and it's good you are learning now instead of later.

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
I think you need to apply some more time to math to get a band 6.

Don't worry because Year 11 is a practice run of the real thing. Take this as a learning experience and it's good you are learning now instead of later.
I think they are doing the accelerated course in year 11

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
did you happen to get a low 80 in an assessment
Yes but not too sure if that's comparable because it depends on exam difficulty. Because at my school, although we were ranked like 50ish overall, for maths the school was top 5 (so we had close to 60-70% band 6 rate for that)

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
I think they are doing the accelerated course in year 11
Ah thank you for pointing that out. My age is showing LOL

In that case, i don't believe a Band 6 is out of the question if you perform well in your next assessments and the HSC itself. You will need to achieve good ranks.

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Yes but not too sure if that's comparable because it depends on exam difficulty. Because at my school, although we were ranked like 50ish overall, for maths the school was top 5 (so we had close to 60-70% band 6 rate for that)
You can't really say a better school has harder exams. Like for e.g. Baulkham hills High, ranked 2nd but has some of the easiest 4u trials...

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
You can't really say a better school has harder exams. Like for e.g. Baulkham hills High, ranked 2nd but has some of the easiest 4u trials...
Yeah I get what you mean by that but my school had quite difficult exams for math (people at top of 3 unit class getting like 60/70 that went on to get like 99s in the hsc paper)

justtrynapass

HSC
hi!!!

so i’m in year 11 but i’m doing the advanced math course this year and i just received my second assessment mark back it’s it’s really disappointing. i’m stressing because i NEED a band 6 and idk if i can get that anymore.

my marks:
first assessment: (20%)
89% - ranked either 9th or 11th
second assessment: (30%)
83% - not sure about rank, but most likely ranked average/ lower half

my school is ranked around 70 overall — is it still possible to get a high band 6 orrr
UPDATE:

GOT IT RAISED TO AN 87 YEAHHHH BOIIIIII

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)