Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince (1 Viewer)

oly1991

HSC
i agree that action lacked a little but the comedy was pretty good imo

Mind-Revolution

Nothing Else Matters...
HSC
N/A
Saw it two days ago, and it was quite good.

I enjoyed the introductory scene.

I haven't read it for a long time / forgot large amounts, though I found the end scenes to progress much faster than they could have been (sneaking in / the battle, etc.).

Funeral was left out too, I believe.

fallingstar

HSC
there was no scimgeour
slughorn wasn't fat enough
they could have at least put in dumbledore's funeral

Lentern

HSC
This wa my favourite book in the series so naturally I was a bit apprehensive. On the whole the film made the grade. Special mention goes to Rickman who was just brilliant; so dark, smooth, powerful, severe. I thought Broadbent wasn't as I imagined Slughorn to be, but he captured the essentialls and was still a very good character. I think the Dumbeldore character for the first time really captured the quirky, energetic dimensions where previous films did not. I still think it's a shame Ian Mckellen was not cast in the roll.

One concern I have is I feel Ron is not focussed on enough. If the books had not been written and you were writing the seventh film from scratch the depth of friendship between Harry and Ron is nowhere near as strong as it is with Hermione. The books cultivate a kind of dependant friendship with Harry and Ron, as though they could not really get by without it but I didn't see that in this film.

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
If you don't look at the various plot holes and things that were left out, it was a very good movie.

I think if you had not read the book there is no way you would get the movie

EDIT: also where is the wedding going to happen in the seventh movie, and where is harry going to live after moving from privet drive, they burn't down the burrow when that never happened in the book.

Last edited:

Lentern

HSC
I liked it. Probably because I went in expecting another crap Harry Potter movie like it's predecessors.. But it was actually pretty good.

I still don't get why people want it to follow the book exactly, do you really want a 5 hour movie? Someone's always going to be disappointed when a book gets adapted. I for one think they did pretty well.

P.S. Is Emma Watson getting hotter or what?
It has been suggested on several occasions that after the movies are made the books be turned into some mini series'. I think it sounded a very good idea.

Nousiainen

HSC
N/A
I liked the film, BUT IF YOU HAVE A SERIOUS SCRATCHING PROBLEM LIKE LICE IN YOUR FUCKING HEAD PLEASE DO NOT FUCKING GO TO THE CINEMA AND SIT IN FRONT OF ME AND SCRATCH EVERY FUCKING SECOND INCLUDING DURING DUMBLEDORE'S SAD DEATH YOU STUPID FUCKING IDIOT! :burn:

The movie was good though.. It was my favourite book, but because I read it so long ago, I wasn't paying such close attention to details so I didn't care as much that certain scenes were left out. Plus, I was too busy dying inside because of that caveman in front of me.

Divinity_

HSC
Watched it today with my boyfriend, it was so disappointing =(

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A
as a true harry potter fan - one who remains faithful to the heart and soul of the series and not the cheap plastic facade that is the movie franchise - i have the fibre and courage to resist the temptation, and i'm going to completely avoid this movie.

like lentern, it is my favourite of the series and there's no way i'm going to risk watching something that will cast some dislike over my beloved half blood prince.

the prisoner of azkaban was the last pleasing movie and unless this movie somehow carries on the traditions that made that movie fairly decent, then i want nothing to do with this claptrap.

*points wand at movie*
wingardium leviosa
*guides it into the bin*

M.T.T.

HSC
The Death Eaters turning into ghosts was irksome. It destroys the humanity of the characters, as it goes from Bellatrix to a fucking cloud. Made the climax of the 5th movie and the intro to the 6th movie outright deplorable. It also creates a massive plot hole.

My biggest gripe so far with the films. Second would be how Harry learns the Patronus charm on 2nd try (3rd movie). That was fucking weird for me.

Otherwise, movie was fine. FUCKING AWESOME CINEMATOGRAPHY - HOLY SHIT. I wish all movies had the amount of vision that the harry potter movies have, except Transformers 2. The mis-en-scene, the A-star cast (Alan Rickman, Helena Bonham Carter), the respectable child stars (Daniel Radcliffe didn't annoy me this time around), the special effects, the cave scene with all the mini-Gollums wanting their Preciousss back, etc, etc, etc. Great movie.

Last edited:

Carmen909

HSC
I thought it was great! I really really liked it..
Admittedly I haven't read the book for ages...

The Burrow burning was sad... The look on Molly's face...

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
it dwelved into sub plots that wernt major in the book far too much, and left horcruxes till the last 30mins of the movie..

+ most of the movie looked like it was revolving around each character's relationships instead of focusing on action

but it was pretty good, maybe i was expecting too much considering it was my most fave book out of the series, but without comparing to the novel - it was a solid movie :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)