• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Homosexuality in Australia (3 Viewers)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
You bring one contentious issue as an example into another. They collide, makes a mess.
Lol, i didn't realise.

If God does not exist, then everything is permitted.

All i mean is that aboriginals has had a peaceful existence without god for a long time. along comes the christian god and BANG! all hell breaks loose.

Misericorde

HSC
When you're likely about to die, or when your friends have all died in horrific circumstances, religious feeling is fairly understandable. How many times do people say "Jesus Christ!" without actually requiring his help?

Name_Taken

HSC
To blame the plight of the Aboriginal people today on Christianity is ridiculous.

Just so you know, the reasons why Australia was colonised by the British were to (primarily) ease the overpopulation of the penal system and (secondly) to establish a military outpost with which to consolidate naval control in the Asia-Pacific.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
To blame the plight of the Aboriginal people today on Christianity is ridiculous.

Just so you know, the reasons why Australia was colonised by the British were to (primarily) ease the overpopulation of the penal system and (secondly) to establish a military outpost with which to consolidate naval control in the Asia-Pacific.
Alright, I admit to your first line.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Australia_(1788–1850)
Following the loss of the American Colonies, American War of Independence 1775-1783, Britain needed to find alternative land for a new British colony. Australia was chosen for settlement, and colonisation began in 1788. Rather than resorting to the use of slavery to build the infrastructure for the new colony, convict labour was as a cheap and economically viable alternative. It is commonly reported that the colonisation of Australia was driven by the need to address overcrowding in the British prison system however it is simply not economically viable to transport prisoners half way around the world for this reason alone. Many convicts were either skilled tradesmen or farmers who had been convicted for trivial crimes and were sentenced to 7 years the time required to set up the infrastructure for the new colony

0bs3n3

HSC
Pray to Jesus? Of course they do. I'd pray to Jesus if I'm about to get KILLED by some random enemy trying to hack a F*cking Chainsaw at my head.

I'd be like.. "OH JESUS CHRIST, GET THE F*CK OUT OF MY WAY"

:)
Ok, what the hell does Anzac Day have to do with getting shot? I'm pretty sure everyone at a service is not going to war anytime soon, and I'm pretty sure it's about commemorating war.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Are Christians bigots in a way then? :confused:

Thought aren't we all bigots, because we only know our own mind?
Most religious people (except perhaps Buddhists) are inherently bigoted, as they regard themselves as superior and are intolerant to those who are not of their faith/do not follow the tenants of their faith.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Ok, what the hell does Anzac Day have to do with getting shot? I'm pretty sure everyone at a service is not going to war anytime soon, and I'm pretty sure it's about commemorating war.
Commemorating war? No, commemorating sacrifice in war.

Name_Taken

HSC
No, just because something is popular doesn't make it right. But that doesn't mean majority. Majority means MOST of the people agree to it.
This is about what is right and wrong, not what is popular or not. People will naturally gravitate to ideals which give them the most personal freedom and relieve them of the responsibilities of their actions.

Umm.. On the God's view bit. Who told you to be the messenger of God. Do you REALLY think you're PERFECT like CHRIST HIMSELF to be a messenger. You're flawed. Just like how YOU say WE ALL ARE. Funny how hypocritical that is, right?
Its not hypocritical at all. I chose to accept Christ and while I will never be perfect as he is, I will endeavour nonetheless, and pray for his forgiveness when I come up short.

The homosexual in contrast however takes pride in sin and rejecting God from their life furthermore demanding that society encourage their behaviour as normal and healthy.

Wow, though I was surprised when you said heterosexuals and homosexuals are lead by lust and sinful temeptations, etc. You're the first one who accepts it. That both act the same way.. I don't agree with you but Thank you!
No problem, lol. However bear in mind, that simply because the temptations for different people may vary, it is always wrong for anyone to be alowing those temptations to lead you to sin.

First of all, thank you. I will accept, because I have no choice. I'm homosexual, and I don't think I can change back...
Anything is possible through Christ, have faith.

You don't have to support, just LEAVE US ALONE. If you don't fight, there is NO fight. However, I do not agree with you saying that this is a sinful lifestyle, nor tempted by 'evil'.. I don't think I had a pact with the devil? I mean, surely, that you Christians have wet dreams/other fantasies right? Don't tell me you've never even been tempted before..?
Being Christian doesn't mean you are not tempted to sin, nor does it mean that you will resist all of your temptations. Your love for God however inspires you to live a life by his word and resist sinful temptations, to the best of your ability, praying for His forgiveness when you are led astray.

If I were to be leading a sinful lifestyle, I would hope to be encouraged by others to confront my demons, and resist my immoral temptations, whatever they may be. This is not a personal, directed attack at homosexuals at all, but a moral stance against all acts of sexual perversion.

For you Christian who say 'following God's path will is easiest' I do not disagree. I mean who doesn't like to follow someone and let them ravage and guide them along, without having to make any choice of their own? SO MUCH EASIER! Following the crowd, rather than walking oneself.
You have misquoted me. I said following God's will is rarely the easiest. Simply because you are Christian does not mean you are not allowed to think for yourself at all, you have been entrusted with the gift of free will after all. What it means is that you accept that ultimately you will be held responsible for all your actions.

Wait, you said that many people were imprisoned for FOLLOWING God? I thought all the people that god killed were the people who were AGAINST God? Who actually got KILLED for FOLLOWING God? :confused: That's a weird one..
Are you kidding me? Jesus was ridiculed, tortured and then killed for his faith. Many other people have been killed or imprisioned for being Christian and upholding Christian morals against the immoral but popular ones of held by societies in the past and even to the present day.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
There was some serious dumb in this thread over the last few hours!

'Toenails', why dont you get off your fairy arse and research Christian theology yourself. I'm not going to keep explaining to you the bare necessities of the Christian faith if youre too lazy to make even the most preliminary findings on your own. Your feeble attempts to peirce the flesh of the faith -without understanding an ounce of it- are the most idiotic and ignorant that this poster has seen in some time.
No reply necessary.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)